• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

Well thank you for the membership! to the Shrekwee club :D

I know boasting about 5 holes but I just cant help myself ;)

Anyway had a nice warm bath and got all the dressings wet and peeled very slowly :eek:
I was dreading it lol but all ok however one of them seems to be bleeding very little so have put a clean dressing on it but the others looking ok!

Cheers from 5 holer Kaz :D x

I'm glad removing the dressings went OK, putting a clean dressing on the one that was weeping is exactly what I would have done. As long as it doesn't look red and angry or swollen I'd leave it on for a couple of days before trying again and removing it.

PS The ShrekWee membership card is in the post :whistle:

Hello
How is everyone getting on with their weight loss since surgery? I've lost 13 pounds.

Hope you feel better soon Mummy2309.

wow thats fab news, i've lost 16lb since my op im 2 weeks 1 day post op

wow thats fab news, i've lost 16lb since my op im 2 weeks 1 day post op
Awsome - well done.

At the moment I'm like a kid with a new toy, every day I jump out of bed and weigh myself, I know I shouldn't and need to break the habit because one day I will probably stall and get disappointed, but I think I'm prepared for that.

I think I'm still in the honeymoon period - can you have that with your new sleeve :confused: - interesting thought though. But I will control myself soon - honest. :D

AE

Awsome - well done.

At the moment I'm like a kid with a new toy, every day I jump out of bed and weigh myself, I know I shouldn't and need to break the habit because one day I will probably stall and get disappointed, but I think I'm prepared for that.

I think I'm still in the honeymoon period - can you have that with your new sleeve :confused: - interesting thought though. But I will control myself soon - honest. :D

AE

:wave_cry: Welcome to my world - no loss for me this week since I got home and weighed myself on Sunday :cry:

I keep freaking out and telling myself that I am NOT going to be the only person to have this procedure and not lose weight but it's hard when you could use the uplift of seeing the scales go down. I'm tracking what I "eat" and drink and apparently I'm a "model patient" (quote from the dietician!) but I'm still static.

Am also still absolutely exhausted and get tired very quickly when I do try and do something. Is anyone else still very bloated, too? I managed a short walk to the corner shop for a paper yesterday and the newsagent asked me if I was pregnant - following this up rapidly with "... but I know you're too old for babies ..." :kissass:

So it's been an interesting week! My poor husband, LOL. It was his birthday yesterday and not only did we not go out but he had to cook his own dinner (I was too nauseous) and I was in bed and DTTW by 9pm ...

Still, on the plus side, I can sleep on my side again :sigh:

So, honeymoon period you say, AE?!

Very rudely - well done to my June 13th Sister Sleevers Kai and Kat and AE on your losses - really happy for you all!

<pom poms>

Jozefina,

Really sorry to hear nothings moving yet - but you and I are probably on the same diet and it's just our bodies that are reacting differently. I'm sure your body will soon give up the fight and you will come storming through - it just has to happen, I imagine that as you are feeling so tired that's the indication that your body is not yet burning off its stored reserves.

I felt bloated only until about Tuesday and then yesterday I didn't feel like that, I guess as we've just had our insides ripped apart (non-medical term) things are still going to be a bit swollen for awhile, once the bloated feeling disappeared I found I could take in more fluids and for the first time since surgery I'm now carrying around a bottle of water that I'm sipping out of, still not doing as much as I should but at least it's a bit.

Keep smiling and carry on the way you are and soon it will start working.

Take care.

AE

Poor you Jozefina, it's still early days & your body is still adjusting. The weight will start falling off soon. You will succeed, just keep doing the best you can.

Thinking of you. Take care
Kai xx

Hi there

Thanks for the kind words yesterday - lifted my spirits a tad!

Friday is my self-nominated Official Weigh In Day (ie, the weekly weight that I'll record as evidence of my path) and today I can report that I have lost ... A Pound. Better off than on and yes, we know what a pound of butter looks and feels like but still. Ah well! Onward and downward.

HOWEVER, I can also report that I measured myself (for the first time since June 12th, one day before the op) and I have lost inches! 4" each from bust and hips and 2" from my waist (I think it could be more, but for the post-surgical swelling). So I'm really pleased about that and it's a good reminder that these figures may not impact my BMI but that they're still a very valid measure of overall loss.

We're going away for the weekend - booked ages ago, for H's birthday and I figured I feel well enough to go given that I'm not driving and it's self catering. So I need to start loading the car soon with assorted foods, drinks and implements to make purees and other approved items. The last time we did a similar trip was Easter and then it was a car full of wine and hot cross buns, LOL.

I did consider (for quite a while!) also taking the scales but have returned to my senses and am leaving them behind - so my next chance to check my weight will be Tuesday and perhaps that's no bad thing.

Hope everyone else has a fabulous weekend :)

Jo xx

I'm glad things have finally started moving for you, I spoke to soon and when I did my normal stupid daily weigh in today - you've guessed it for the first time since my surgery it's gone up - so that's where your missing bit went - I've got it and I'd be more than happy to give it back :D

Now I'm going to do what I always planned on doing - weighing myself once a week and not being ruled by the scales.

Have a fantastic weekend and look upon it as a bit of a reward for what you've put yourself through.

AE.

hi all, im feeling so down about myself im been crying angry the lot been going bed at 6pm and looking n to nothing cant sleep, is anyone else feeling like this, the surgeon did tell me i could feel like this due to having bipolar and depression but im hating being me right now, im so sorry to write it here but i cant tell anyone else, family have more than they need to cope with and dont have many friends

hi all, im feeling so down about myself im been crying angry the lot been going bed at 6pm and looking n to nothing cant sleep, is anyone else feeling like this, the surgeon did tell me i could feel like this due to having bipolar and depression but im hating being me right now, im so sorry to write it here but i cant tell anyone else, family have more than they need to cope with and dont have many friends

Sorry to hear you feeling do low mummy2309, not sure about the bipolar aspect but certainly sounds a normal post aneasthetic response. Are you just about 2 weeks post op? Usually when buyers regret hits for private patients and guilt for everyone that you've put your family through this. Feat not!! It will lift and the scales shift down, mood normally shifts up!! (Hugs)!!!

im 2 weeks 2 days post op, thanks for the kindness

Hi mummy2309 I'm of course the alpha male,but during periods over the last two weeks I have felt quite tearful & much more melancholy,I'm thinking it's definitely a post operative thing,which should pass as I grow stronger & thinner

Hi Mummy2309,

I may be yet another alpha male on here but what you need is one of these :hug99: my emotions have also been a bit up and down the last couple of weeks. We have all put ourselves through quite a lot to be here so it's not surprising that every now and then we feel a bit down. I've known a few people who have had surgery and most have said they've been a bit up and down.

Time to look forward to the future and embrace the new you - be proud and happy with what you have done.

All the very best - and just in case you need it have another one :hug99:

AE

aww thanks for the hugs, i dont think it helped i didn't eat well drink very much last night well all day i only manage about 1lt of fluid and 1 cup a soup

Hiya Mummy2309, the surgery seems to affect a lot more than our tummies. I've had a few low points too. Hope your loss in inches cheers you up a bit.
Lots of hugs
Kai

The day is nearly here! Sitting in my room in the hospital, have had all my pre-op tests done and will have my revision surgery in the morning.

Back