• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello from me.. just starting out on this journey

tc_99

Just wanted to say hello... I have already been to derby for the initial seminar and the 1st visit to see the new guy (dr vasos or something like that?). Got to go back at the end of march for a three month visit. He recomended the bypass for me, although i was initially hoping for a sleeve, but am not to bothered either way. I have about 11 stones to lose, so will go with the doctors recomendation.

Hopefully i will lose a couple of stones before end of march and am hoping this will be enough for them to list me.

Thanks
TC

Has anyone had surgery at derby with mr vasos (i think that is how you spell it :))

Hi and welcome. Mr Ahmed did me but the whole team are lovely.

hi and welcome and good luck with your journey

Thanks for all your kind works. This is a really interesting forum. Have spent days reading the diaries section.

Still don't know what to think about the choice I have been offered, sleeve or bypass? Originally one of my main motivations for doing this was to be less dependant on the NHS. But with bypass there are injections to have vitamins to take etc

Most below was what the surgeon told me, he recommended a bypass for me, my research prior to this lead me to think I would opt for the sleeve. But not sure now...

Sleeve has slower weight loss, is not the gold standard do surgery... Not been around that long as an operation.
Less medical intervention required after the recovery (big one for me this) and what originally sold me on it.

Bypass is the gold standard. Has the potential to dump (looks like a keep me on the straight and narrow plus point from the outside looking in)
Has fastest / most guaranteed weight loss.
20+ of experience doing this op! NHS has seen pretty much all outcomes, so no surprises.

One huge dilemma to be researched and overcome. To be honest I don't mind what I have. But would rather have the least drain on the NHS possible after the surgery / recovery is complete. Defo not a fan of having to visit docs.

Still don't know what to think about the choice I have been offered, sleeve or bypass? Originally one of my main motivations for doing this was to be less dependant on the NHS. But with bypass there are injections to have vitamins to take etc Most below was what the surgeon told me, he recommended a bypass for me, my research prior to this lead me to think I would opt for the sleeve. But not sure now... Sleeve has slower weight loss, is not the gold standard do surgery... Not been around that long as an operation. Less medical intervention required after the recovery (big one for me this) and what originally sold me on it. Bypass is the gold standard. Has the potential to dump (looks like a keep me on the straight and narrow plus point from the outside looking in) Has fastest / most guaranteed weight loss. 20+ of experience doing this op! NHS has seen pretty much all outcomes, so no surprises. One huge dilemma to be researched and overcome. To be honest I don't mind what I have. But would rather have the least drain on the NHS possible after the surgery / recovery is complete. Defo not a fan of having to visit docs.

I was the same very unsure, I just followed my surgeons advice and fingers crossed have my bypass this weekend in Sunderland

the bypass is by far the best and to be fair you could buy the vitamins etc so wouldnt have to rely on the doctors thats what im going to be doping once i have mine

This actually reads wrong, what I actually meant was that from what I have read, if I have the sleeve, I would have less of a need follow up vitamins and minerals etc
Where as if I had a bypass it is almost obligatory to have vitamins and various injections. So what I ideally wanted to know from someone who is actively doing third what form those injections take, is it a doctors visit or can you do them yourself?

Thanks in advance x

to in"thin"ety and beyond...... regards Trev

Rubbish that the bypass is the best or that weight loss is slow with a sleeve! It's all down to you. What are your eating problems? Why are you overweight? The surgery picks you but ultimately none of them are magic wands and you have to work with each and every one.

Tc_99 im 18 months post op after a bypass and i take a multivitamin tablet daily and have only needed one two week course of vitamin b12 injections every 3 days as i got a bit low and will now need one every three months. These will be done by the practice nurse. For me its a very easy trade off compared to my life before x

Hi and welcome TC... Good luck :)

Back