• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello from me.. just starting out on this journey

The waiting list I am told is approximately 6 months.

to in"thin"ety and beyond...... regards Trev

If it goes as quick as the last 3 months, it'll be here before you know it.

congrats time will soon fly past

Woohoo, so excited for you Trev, the time really will fly by. I can't believe that since I got the phone call to give me my date, about 6 weeks have passed and its finally here, only 1 day left at work before op day.

Its funny, I'm as excited for you as I am for myself as I know how important it is for you too. This time next year, we'll be half the size!

Woohoo!!!!!

fab news trev so happy for you

Hello all. Latest update... 24 days till my operation. 10 days till I start the pre-operative diet. Just trying to keep busy getting as many jobs done as possible before op day. Been out and got some of the 3 for the price of 2 Slimfast tins. Have some weight watchers soup and some slightly spicier ones from sainsburys. Also stocking up on NAS drinks. Need to get some kind of mouth spray, some uk alternatives to Gas X. Also going to do some day by day menus from ideas on the forum. Might even compile into a PDF. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions and even some I did not know I needed to ask till someone else asked it. Ps. Mr Aswads secretary phoned the other day to ask a few additional questions regarding past medical history, she has then faxed my consultant and is awaiting a response. No idea what the info they require is but might mean a delay in op date, if the consultant does not response quickly enough. That's it from me Regards TC

I hope it doesn't cause a delay for you Trev. They will give you Lanzoprazole in the hospital, which helps with indigestion. I didn't have anything for the wind pain, but they did have Gaviscon if needed.

I started purees on Thursday and so far haven't felt any restriction at all, but I did feel satisfied after my meals. :)

Ah tracey you have just answered on of my posts, I was wondering when restriction kicks in. Sorry if this is a dumb question but if you have no restriction how do you feel satisfied? does that make sense? are you just guessing when you should stop eating? do you feel any hunger during the day? sorry for all the questions just trying to get my head around things. Thankyou trish

I know, its strange, but I think it's just because I know I don't need any more. I had some macaroni and cheese this evening, it took me about 25 minutes to eat it and I had a bit left. I just knew I didn't need the rest. Before I would just have shoved it in. It's like a switch has been flipped telling me when I've had enough. Not had any pain or discomfort yet. Still not feeling hungry yet either. This is why I worry I might be eating too much.

Thanks for your reply tracey, one last question did you feel any hunger on the liquid only diet? because Im 10 days in and just starting to feel some hunger (had nothing for the first 8 days no hunger whatsoever). I dont tend to feel hungry during the day but come this time (like now) and I am starting to feel a bit hungry. Im worried too that this is not normal. As for you I think experiencing no pain is a sure sign that you are doing things correctly, well done x

Back