• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello I'm a newbie =)

stacey80

Hey everyone
I'm Stacey and i am having gastric band surgery with Dr Super on Oct 24th at Dolan Park. I am currently doing my pre op diet (day 3 of 13 so far) just to make sure!!! Just wana know really how people felt before and after surgery and also if anyone got chauffered to Dolan Park :p as thats how i will be getting there.
Heres to a new start and massive congrats to all of you who have lost weight, keep it up :)

Stacey x

Hi Stacey,

Welcome to MiniMins! It is good to have you with us. I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

I will copy this thread into WLS forum, so that others on the same journey as you can say hello as well.

Here is a link below to help you make your way around our forums.

http://www.minimins.com/introduction...-minimins.html (New Members Guided Tour Of MiniMins!!!)

This other link will show you how to set up a weight ticker, just remember it is the bb code you need for here.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Stacey. Just wanted to say welcome and good luck with the pre op diet and the op itself - loads of people on here who have bands who will be happy to share info and swop tips with you - Im a bypasser myself so had a slightly different journey but with the same end result though LOL!

Welcome Stacey!

Can I reccommend you read some of the diary threads (band & bypass) so inspiring & informative

Hi Stacey,

What good timing! I had my op at Dolan Park yesterday with Dr Super! and I was chauffered too.

Not sure what you want to know but I'm more than happy to answer questions if you have any (as long as I know the answer!)

Hope you're excited and not too nervous.

:)

Welcome Stacey

All the best for the 24th, mine is on the 20th for bypass in London. I'm not being chauffered, well my hubby will be driving me there lol but certainly not in style lol

Xx

Welcome to Minis Stacey!
Good luck for your pre-op diet. Im from Manchester so cant help with your place of surgery, but just wanted to say hello and welcome xx

hi stacey wellcome to minnis. im having a bypass on monday so ill be having the same jitters as you lol. not got them to bad though im suprised how calm i feal but its not monday yet is it . good luck and a very speady recovery................kath x

Hiya and welcome. I had my band at Dolan Park, but wasn't chauffered, caught the train there and had a friend to drive me home. It all went fine, I found them fine but didn't have the aftercare package so got what I expected really - a gastric band and thats all ! Make sure they give you the dietary sheets before you leave though as they're handy for after the op. I had one or two phone calls in the 6 weeks after discharge but relied heavily on the experienced banders on this site for advice, it's a great place.

Hi Stacie, hello and good luck with your journey xxx

Welcome to Mini's! I met Mr Super once at Heartlands and he seems rather nice. I am having a bypass with Mr Ammori in Manchester and the train shall be my chauffeur.

Hi and welcome to minis... Any quesitons you may have there is always someone who knows the answer on here.

Good luck with your operation xxx

Hey Clarius
Just tell me wot 2 expect and is journey down ok. Im starting to get really nervous!!!! Is Dr Super ok? So many questions lol. Glad everything went well hun. Any suggestions on things that are a must to take?
Good luck hun x

Hi Stacey

I was banded at Dolan Park and used their car service.

The cars that they show you at the consultation are not the cars that they use...they recently changed to dual fuel cars that use LPG (cheaper to run!) and not the most comfortable ride.

also be prepared that you may end up sharing the car with another patient (they didn't tell me beforehand)....I was picked up at 2am and once in the car and en route was informed that we had to collect another lady from St Helens in Merseyside :mad: I did however have my own car coming home thank god!!

read my blog entries for more info on the whole experience.

good luck!

Hi Stacey,

I am only an hour away from the hospital anyway so didn't have to share the car either way and my pick up time wasn't too nasty (5.45). I have to say though that the journey back wasn't overly comfortable - not the smoothest of rides and of course by this point I felt every bump in the road which I think my driver managed to find on purpose! :)

Dr Super is lovely but don't expect to see too much of him! I think I saw him for about 5 minutes (admittedly he also came into my room after the op but I was too out of it to remember what he said!)

I wouldn't say there is much in terms of must haves because you're there for such little time but some really fab PJ's will make you feel better afterwards.

Everyone there though is super duper lovely and supportive and are very understanding that what you are doing is pretty daunting so don't worry from that point of view.

One thing I would add (without trying to scare you!) is that you should be prepared to walk into the operating theatre yourself - possibly naively I wasn't expecting that and although it is absolutely fine and actually not scary at all it did come as a bit of a shock to me!

Any other questions then just ask and try to concentrate on being excited rather than scared... you'll be fine!

Back