• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED..Salford Royal Patient..REPLIES ARE GRATEFUL

oh Beverley, Gill is mr Ammoris secretary, she is gorgeous, and will pull out all the stops to help if she can, she helped me an awful lot in the last few days before i went in for my op, she is genuinely interested in all of mr A's patients.
i hope you dont have to wait long, and rest assured that when you do go in for your op, the team are fantastic, right from the theatre staff down to the ward cleaners. they are all lovely. fingers crossed for a short wait.

hi all,

I rang carlys secetary up,and she told me there is a long wait time of about 2 months,but they havent got me on the computer screen for an appointment,so shes going to look into for me,I feel u really have to keep on the ball with these appointments as they take so long..
anyway Ill keep u all informed.

bye x

hi ive just had my surgery last monday i found some people did the sleep clinic 1st others the phycologist i waited 5 weeks between each appointment

I feel like I am watching the post... after cancer treatment and diabetes... I am counting the days... for a healthier life... thanks a million to you all for such helpful guidance... and it was Gill who I spoke to Dawny and she was really lovely on the phone... I think she must support people along their journey... it must seem like an eternity to everyone, since you just want to get on with your life... patience is a virtue and I will hope that I can help everyone else along with their journeys... whichever stage you are at. Thank you so much again... will let you know when I get my first letter... xxx

well you certainly know all about patience anyway Beverlie, what with cancer and diabetes, i think now your on here, you'll learn a lot while you wait, i have only just started posting, even though i registered last year sometime, but i did come on and read what people said, and it helped me a lot. so hopefully the time will go quickly for you, and Gill will do her best, im sure of that. hugs

I do hope that all is going well for you Dawny. It's a life changing journey and we all need each other. I was curious to know how the sleep test works? Do you sleep there overnight? xxx

Hi Beverlie,wheni had my sleep test,i went to the hospital in the afternoon, and they rigged me up with the gadget its like a box that is sort of tied onto you, andthen at bedtime i had to put one of them finger things on to take your sats,and also little tubes up my nose, you are at home for the actual test, but you have to have it back at the hospital by about 8ish next morning, which i found to be a bit of a pain, as im housebound, luckily my daughter works not far away, so she and her hubby picked it up from me and took it back for me. i never actually heard anything about the test, and nothing has ever been mentioned, so im assuming i dont have apnea. you seem to wait for ages in between things, but then dont get much notice when anything does happen. so dont worry too much if you dont hear anything for a little while. hugs

Bless you. I do hope you are feeling better Dawny... I have just come out of hospital again... it's a battle carrying so much weight on top of all else and being unable to do anything about it without help. I am open to new journeys and hope to be in a position to assist others along the way through my experience. With kindest regards, Beverlie xxx

Hi Beverlie and Dawny, where abouts in Manchester are you both from and have either of you been to the support meetings at Salford Royal? :D X

thats the good thing about this forum Beverlie, we all help each other and learn things all the time. try and keep positive hun, it will be worth it when it happens, im only 3 months post op, and apart from knowing that after 5 weeks id lost a stone and a half (almost), i dont have a clue how much ive lost now, but i know its coming off, i am waiting till i go back on august 13th for my next appt to get weighed, im hoping it will be about 3 stone by then, luckily i only have to lose another couple of stone after that. i need to lose weight so that i can have a spinal op that i desperately need, but as i am not very mobile i just couldnt loose any weight. fingers crossed by the end of the summer, i can be referred back to mr ross the spinal surgeon, then start on another wait, lol. good job we're british and like waiting aint it, lol

hi dotty, im in irlam, just up the road from salford. where are you from, and what about you beverlie, are you nearby?

sorry jacqui, just realised i hadnt answered about support meetings, i cant get there, i cant drive now and wont be able to until ive had my next spinal op, well im hoping i can drive again after. and thers no way i can get there. plus i tend to sleep a lot in the evenings, and i have to lie down a lot, so its not really practical for me to go yet, maybe when im sorted out, ill be ok to go.

I hope to get involved with the support groups Jacqui. It's excellent to have the understanding support of others in the same situation. Where can we find the dates and times for the meetings? I am in Wales, so not local. But will work around the travelling somehow... I am far from at my best at present... but I have so much to hope and live for and a determination to succeed. Thank you so much again... I am finding also that I can't log onto a lot of things in this website... still learning about the website, but hope to also succeed with this! Much love xxx

You are lucky to be so close to the hospital Dawny, I am being sent from over the border in Wales and have quite a journey... but it must not deter me xxx

The meetings are the first Weds of every month (I think) lol, Im sure Gail or Sal will be along if Im wrong about that. Im in Gorton so not too far from Salford. Ive been to a few of the meetings and they are good, you get to meet people who are at every stage of the process. You see people there who have lost loads of weight and you wouldnt think they had ever even had a weight problem!
Hopefully after surgery you will be more mobile Dawny, Im lucky as Im in a wheelchair but have a husband and a son and daughter who drive and dont mind chauffeuring me around :D X

im in a wheelchair too jacqui, although i can walk a few yards outside and use a tri walker, but its really only to get me to the car and back. gorton isnt so far away is it, but still further than me, i really am lucky, beverlie i bet it takes you a fair while to get to the hospital doesnt it, i have had 2 spinal ops there under mr ross, and because of my history, i have to go there for any treatment i need. i also had my hysterectomy there too. im hoping this next op will be the last for a long long time,. hopefully ill meet you both f airly soon at one of the meetings. hugs

I do hope that the weight loss gives you some much needed relief with your spinal problems Dawn... I have cortisone injections in my spine for spondylitis... very very painful and again, made worse through my weight, but helps to immobilise me along with my other health issues. Loads of love and it sounds like you have been waiting for around 9 months from start to the operation is that about right love? xxx

p.s. we are going to meet for sure! xxx

My word love, we have a lot in common, I had a hysterectomy too... anyway... we must keep positive and look forward and share a few hugs and some love and support on here... I think it will take me about two and a half hours to get to the hospital from here. Nite and God Bless to you xxx

That is so helpful thank you so much Dotty. I haven't even had my first letter yet... but feel my health deteriorating and I am doing what I can to keep going. Do you get an pack of information with an invite etc? Thank you again for everything, never thought or expected this level of information and help. It's brilliant xxx

Back