• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all, am all finished!

Thanks all. Feeling so much better today!

Had some lovely (not) chicken stock soup yday and managed bout 100ml of it, plus was drinking water and black tea then today had plenty of water, about 60ml orange juice and a few more mouthfuls of the nasty soup again and feel fine. No sickness.

Had the drain taken out today...yuk that was disgusting! Felt like I was having my insides removed...not something I'll be looking forward to that again in a hurry lol

Had a shower, all dressed now and just waiting for meds to be brought up now.

I am pretty much pain free, other than when I cough! Have been since last night. Other than having a headache, but I think that just from being cooped up in this room (luckily I stayed on the private wing for whole stay so had my own room. No snory ppl!). I do have quite a high pain threshold though so that prob helps, the nurses seem amazed that I am able to be walking around pretty much normally!

Looking forward to getting home though and into my own bed...bliss!

Even been managing to sleep on my side/front and be pain free. Don't think I'm gonna need the 6 extra pillows I invested in lol

So here's to the OFFICIAL start of my journey! Going to weigh myself on my way out and see what my starting weight, post op, is...just done on one of my walks and now weigh 299lb (21st 4lb).

Last edited:
Ohhh brilliant, glad your recovering well xx

Glad to hear you're safely on the 'far side' xx

Tbh farting dont really help the wind pains, moving around when you get home will help shift it, it's bl00dy awful isn't it? Good luck and welcome to the loser's bench, plenty of room for a rapidly shrinking butt on here xx

Tbh farting dont really help the wind pains, moving around when you get home will help shift it, it's bl00dy awful isn't it? Good luck and welcome to the loser's bench, plenty of room for a rapidly shrinking butt on here xx

Lol thanks Phatmomma!

On the way home called into Asda with my mum to pick up some Infacol under the docs advice and went in and, bleeding hell, could I feel and hear the rumbling and gurgling. The people in front and behind me in queue must have been thinking I was going to blow lol

Feels a bit better now and sat comfortably in my flat, peace and quiet with no1 bugging me!!! ...that was until my 14yr sis turned up on the doorstep saying she staying here cos she doesn't feel well and mum p***ing her off. Right as I pressed send! Typical!

Managed 200ml of soup about an hr ago and still feel full (at least I think it a 'full' feeling, feels strange. Sorta feels like it should be painful, but is just pressure! Weird I know). BTW when did Cream of Chicken Soup become Cream of Chicken Soup with bits of chicken in?! Had to suck them out lol

Anyways, going to go and relax for the evening now.

xx

Last edited:
You sound like your doing brilliantly hon, dont forget to rest as well. Oh and cream of chicken has had bits in it for as long as I can remember lol just keep sucking them out for now xx

loser! loser! haha x wishing you a happy healthy and fun filled post op life! well done x

Well done you!! Glad your op went well. Wishing you all the very best on your journey and look forward to reading your updates :)

Well done you. As for the chicken soup strainit though a sieve as you pour it into the bowl saves you sucking them outas you eat you have enough to contend with there I think.

Thanks again all, feeling a lil bit sorry for myself today but that's my mothers fault (another story!).

Slept reasonbly well although kept waking up when I need to change positions (it's stange how you subconciously know you have something painful isn't it?!) which is ALOT for me. Then had to wake up at 6.30am to wake my sister up as she sleept thru her alarm, then a bloody car alarm started going off....maybe the hospital bed was the better choice after all lol

God, my stomach muscles and back ache today!

Just in a moaning mood today so not going to take up much of your time!

Scott, it was v v quick! I was inititally told that would be 12-18mths so the fact that it was 5 from referrel is amazing! But not complaining!

I think you deserve a blooming award!

You mentioned yesterday (at least I saw it yesterday when we got back) that your sister had landed on your doorstep so you're having to play big sis as well as concentrate on getting over the op!

I think you deserve a blooming award!

You mentioned yesterday (at least I saw it yesterday when we got back) that your sister had landed on your doorstep so you're having to play big sis as well as concentrate on getting over the op!

Lol if only my family thought the same!!! I love them to bits, but god do they make it hard! On the day after my op my sis came into my room at hospital with a scowl on her face saying mum was a b***h and that they had had an arguement. I was just like 'I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!'.
I'm like a mediator between the pair of them. Actually, sometimes it feels like I have 2 daughters! One 50 and the other 14! :mad::mad::mad:

SHEESH...families, who'd have 'em!?

That's why I LOVE living a couple of hundred miles from most of mine!

Lucky you! Have signed up to a home swap site already so looking into moving in the next yr or so as want to start thinking about babies and there no way on earth I want to bring many children of mine up in London!!!!

Lucky you! Have signed up to a home swap site already so looking into moving in the next yr or so as want to start thinking about babies and there no way on earth I want to bring many children of mine up in London!!!!

Good luck with finding a swap.

I was born and bought up on the East London/Essex borders. Most of my family have moved away but we went up there over the weekend to go out for a meal with my brother and sister-in-law.

My other half has never been to London so we had a drive around East London, Docklands & the edges of the City. What I saw there - and also in the south part of Essex as we went to Basildon, Southend etc as I lived in that area for a time too - mde me glad I've moved away and have NO intention of going back at all, even if they held a gun to my head!

So, as I say. Good luck with finding a swap.

I have a 'feeling in my water' that having had the op your life will turn around and you'll be able to get whatever you want (within reason!) as you'll have the confidence to go for it

Thanks Kevin xx

Suepat, I've had alot of ppl in norwich/norfolk etc msg me wanted to swap so we'll see. Not rushing into anything atm. Need to work and save some before I make any decisions but it always an option!

Sounds like your doing really well...and as for families thank god all mine are across the Atlantic ocean ;)
xx

Back