• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi everyone ,im worried about what to feed my husband

gerrie01

my hubby is going to belgium in three weeks for a gastric band (we r in ireland)he has been told to have a low fat diet to shrink the size of his liver as it will make surgery easier.what kind of food should i make for him ,also he reckons he will be back to work (electrician)after about 4 days ,do you think thats possible so soon after surgery..any advice appreciated as im alittle worried,,thanks x:confused::confused::confused:

Get him on a low carb and low fat diet. Stick to three meals a day and avoid sugary drinks and alcohol. That's what my pre op diet was basically. I've had a bypass so I can't really advise you on how much time he needs off. There are pleanty of banders on here so I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out.

thanks thaialina for your reply.i thought id have to starve him..you are doing really well congrats,good luck on your future losses.x

At the top of this section is a sticky on pre-op diets. I had an 800cal diet which is listed fully in there if you want something rigid to stick to?

my pre op diet befor band was 4 pints of milk and a oxo cube a day with a bowl of jelly in evening worked really well for me , i wasnt capable of walking my girl to school after 4 days i very much doubt he will be able to work plus he wont be able to lift anything for a while

hi serenitylove,for how long did you have the milk and jelly before the op,and was that all you had. "why so much milk".x

hi
my preop was slimfast shakes and yogurts for 10days before my band but hey it depends on individual and surgeon..
emma

hi serenitylove,for how long did you have the milk and jelly before the op,and was that all you had. "why so much milk".x
i was on it for 6 days and lost 10lbs yes that all i was allowed its a great diet for shrinking the liver which is why its done and as i was on the larger end of the bmi scale i stuck to it ridegly as i didnt want to be told i couldnt have op due to large liver, first few days were really hard tho but it did get easier

Back