• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I’m looking for info and support please

emma c

hi my name is Emma, I’m 37 years old and I’m married with two daughters. I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life... I’ve never once looked at myself and been ok with it.
To cut a long story as short as I can... in 2016 I went to my GP and poured my heart out .. gp referred me to weight management . I had numerous appointments with a dietician , physiotherapy, cbt therapist, exersize classes and beared my soul in each and every appointment. I went to panel after 12 months and got accepted for surgery.
I waited eagerly for a pre op appointment and was told the hospital had a backlog of patients waiting for surgery I received a letter to say that unfortunately the hospital was ending the contract and I was to go on another waiting list with the new provider...
12 months later and I was still waiting .. I made a compliant though PALS that took a further 3 months to investigate... stoke hospital confessed that they had sent an appointment to the wrong address, they also sent a discharge letter to the wrong GP. ... after a further complaint to the CCG I now have an appointment with a surgeon on 5th July who will decide if I can have the sleeve surgery. It’s been such a long hard process for me and I’ve battled with trying to stay positive... unfortunately because of this I have gained weight since I went to panel and I’m really worried this will go against me ... I am so nervous for this appointment it’s life changing for me.... any advice would be appreciated ....
Sorry for the long post
Emma xxx

Theukpk

hi my name is Emma, I’m 37 years old and I’m married with two daughters. I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life... I’ve never once looked at myself and been ok with it.
To cut a long story as short as I can... in 2016 I went to my GP and poured my heart out .. gp referred me to weight management . I had numerous appointments with a dietician , physiotherapy, cbt therapist, exersize classes and beared my soul in each and every appointment. I went to panel after 12 months and got accepted for surgery.
I waited eagerly for a pre op appointment and was told the hospital had a backlog of patients waiting for surgery I received a letter to say that unfortunately the hospital was ending the contract and I was to go on another waiting list with the new provider...
12 months later and I was still waiting .. I made a compliant though PALS that took a further 3 months to investigate... stoke hospital confessed that they had sent an appointment to the wrong address, they also sent a discharge letter to the wrong GP. ... after a further complaint to the CCG I now have an appointment with a surgeon on 5th July who will decide if I can have the sleeve surgery. It’s been such a long hard process for me and I’ve battled with trying to stay positive... unfortunately because of this I have gained weight since I went to panel and I’m really worried this will go against me ... I am so nervous for this appointment it’s life changing for me.... any advice would be appreciated ....
Sorry for the long post
Emma xxx

Can we get an update what's going on? Did they agree to do the operation? I hope so as it seems you've been through a stressfull few years .

Parsnip

Sorry for the long post
Emma xxx

It really sounds like you've been through a lot. I hope your appointment with the surgeon on the 5th was positive x

Sarnie

Sorry we wasn't able to help at the time you posted as its only just be approved so we can see it. How did it go?

Maria61

Sorry for the long post
Emma xxx
Welcome to the forum and I really hope you have been accepted now. What a mess up you have experienced xx

Bling Babe

What a disappointment for you, let us know how the appointment went x