• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Kirsty you lovely woman, sorry I've not read about what's going on, but sending you hugs for a speed recovery,

Oh Kirsty, am devastated for you.

Lots of thoughts for a speedy recovery. Xx

Last edited:
Kirsty I'm thinking of you and preying everything's ok ..... Big Hun hugs to you mummy bear xxxxxxx

Band is gone girls and got to it on time so he didn't have to take away tissue. That's why it was so late at night as every hour was counting. I was running very high temp this along with with my blood results (not to mention my agonising pain- which even morphine wasn't touching for long) the surgeon told me he was almost certain the blood supply to my Tum was compromised and I had necrotic flesh in there.....:.now when he asked me if my band was still viable did I want him to save it but was already recommending that He didn't want to go down that route because slipped bands generally slip again - by this time I was so terrified I just wanted to come out in one piece. He actually told me he may need to remove my stomach.

So although I'm gutted. I'm also relieved

My band never really worked for me - though I have to say I never really worked the band. But to not be harsh on myself. I never ever had restriction at all. And certainly no will power. Hey if I had will.power I would never have needed the band in the first place

I have only spoken to the nurse as yet. She said I was the talk of the ward and they were all so relieved as they had been told I would probably coming up from theatre into high dependency

So if I'm still welcome on here I think I may continue on my eight loss journey with the support of the lovely friends I have met on here xxx

Glad to hear your back with us Kirsty, I'm sorry to hear your band slipped but at least your on the mend now.

I think it's a tough lesson and just reconfirm to newer people that it's important to follow all the rules and to do the research and make sure it's right for you!

I hope now you can get back to normal, your still my surgery buddy!!!

If when your fit, if you fancy a wee visit let me know xxx

Well that's the best news I've ever heard. You just need to get strong and back home, and not to worry about next week. It will all sort itself out. You look after you with out regret because you haven't done anything wrong because you did really well. The most important thing is that you are alive. Sending you huge hugs. Rest and repair

So glad to hear your surgery was successful Kirsty, time to rest up and recover now

So relieved to hear that you are ok Kirsty. Get plenty of rest and don't you be going anywhere

Lynn x

Well, thats a lesson learned, at least you know the band had been fixed x So no more toast, or steak, a massive fish platter, or band unfriendly foods Work with your band Kirsty, not against it And take it easy, follow the rules, they are there to safe guard you x

Daisy. Just getting to read through my posts. Toast is an option they suggest you swap for bread ;-) not that it matters now d

Hi Kirsty

Sorry for the late reply, just read diary.

So pleased everything went well in surgery, plenty of rest now.

Take care, huge hugs xxxx

Back