• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've been banded :)

Hello peeps it is great to see so many banders having such success at the moment on the diaries.

I have had a fab morning i went clothes shopping with my diet coke money !! as the past month or so i have been struggling with my clothes in size 20 and 22. I bought some 18 jeans a few weeks ago but made do with the tops. But they are now looking silly and flapping round the neck and shoulder. So I bought some new tops :) but the best bit is they are size 16, the 18 was too big. Can't believe it! Admittedly they are from sainsbury as I didn't want to spend too much as not sure how long they will last and I know sainsburys are generously sized, but I don't care! They say 16 in them and it has been about a decade since I last wore that size :)

On another note I am booked for a fill on Saturday. Just a very small one, I am already at 6.75/10ml but this week I have felt hunger seeping in and have been able to eat more and not felt much restriction so off for a fill I go. It has been 5 weeks so good timing.

Just been for a fill 0.25 into my band taking it up to 7ml/10ml. I had the water after and there was no noticeable difference but it often takes me 24 hours to feel different.

I must be weird but I like the 24 hour liquids 24 hour mushies. I seem to loose weight on it and it kick starts me after a fill.

I have decided on a gluten free lifestyle. After the nightmare of going back to bread and pasta and ending up with terrible bloating and acne after a few days compared to perfect clear skin and no wind off of bread and pasta, I have decided to go on gluten free

Good luck with it, at least these days there seems to be a decent range of gluten-free stuff in supermarkets. Hope it helps - and the fill :)

Just been for a fill 0.25 into my band taking it up to 7ml/10ml. I had the water after and there was no noticeable difference but it often takes me 24 hours to feel different.

I must be weird but I like the 24 hour liquids 24 hour mushies. I seem to loose weight on it and it kick starts me after a fill.

I have decided on a gluten free lifestyle. After the nightmare of going back to bread and pasta and ending up with terrible bloating and acne after a few days compared to perfect clear skin and no wind off of bread and pasta, I have decided to go on gluten free

Glad to see you doing so well..How much have you lost in total to date..I see you have gone down several sizes?

Hi Minn

I have now lost 30lbs (I think) 16st 6lbs to 14st 4lbs.

I have gone from a size 22 on the bottom and 20 on top, to 18 bottom and 16 top. (Marks and Spencers/Sainsbury's)

I have photographed a tonne of clothes which are too big to put on ebay! I am waiting to try and loose a bit more before I buy any more clothes. I need a posh dress for my works xmas do, but I am waiting till nearer the time as I don't know what size I will be

It sounds like you are all doing well. xx

Just thought I would update about my cheeky eating out situation so as newbie banders or those researching will not how compatible with life bands are!

We went to the harvester last night. With hubby and 3 kids, i don't get the salad as if I did I would be done completely! I get baby rack of ribs with baby pots and corn on the cob. I can do all the ribs meat, one baby potato and a couple of bites if corn. It takes me as long to eat that as it does my family to clear their plates. Then I get a kids rocky horror dessert. The meal comes to about 700 cals but I can still keep to my 1200 a day.

No at the restaurant would know I have a band in fact only my hubby and 15 year old do. I can eat and chat and enjoy being in a totally natural situation. I concentrate a little more on chewing and swallowing but it is not noticeable ... I don't think! I have still had no more pb-ing only one incident ever which was a raspberry of all things!

It's official, I love my band

Wow, summerband your diary is so full of soooo much useful info! I am so glad to hear you still have an active social life involving food. Me and my husband are foodies so its good to know we will still be able to eat out.
Congratulations on your weight loss, your doing amazing! x x

Just thought I would update about my cheeky eating out situation so as newbie banders or those researching will not how compatible with life bands are! We went to the harvester last night. With hubby and 3 kids, i don't get the salad as if I did I would be done completely! I get baby rack of ribs with baby pots and corn on the cob. I can do all the ribs meat, one baby potato and a couple of bites if corn. It takes me as long to eat that as it does my family to clear their plates. Then I get a kids rocky horror dessert. The meal comes to about 700 cals but I can still keep to my 1200 a day. No at the restaurant would know I have a band in fact only my hubby and 15 year old do. I can eat and chat and enjoy being in a totally natural situation. I concentrate a little more on chewing and swallowing but it is not noticeable ... I don't think! I have still had no more pb-ing only one incident ever which was a raspberry of all things! It's official, I love my band
I seem to be stuck on the same weight loss for the last month. I have lost 2 stone so far and seem to be stuck.....i am glad I have had my band fitted as I would have put on loads by now....I am loving the fact that food doesn't rule my life anymore. Keep up the good work xxx

Hi Mia well done for loosing the 2 stone! Why do you think you are staying the same at the mo? It can be frustrating cant it !

Hello peeps, I have started a Christmas Goals thread in the weekly weigh in forum.

I have a mini goal to get into the 12 stones something bracket by Christmas...it means loosing a massive 17 lbs....so I am going to have to be really disciplined! Anyone else want to join me?

Hello peeps, I have started a Christmas Goals thread in the weekly weigh in forum. I have a mini goal to get into the 12 stones something bracket by Christmas...it means loosing a massive 17 lbs....so I am going to have to be really disciplined! Anyone else want to join me?

I've set a goal to lose 10lbs by Xmas so ill join u x x

Hello peeps, I have started a Christmas Goals thread in the weekly weigh in forum. I have a mini goal to get into the 12 stones something bracket by Christmas...it means loosing a massive 17 lbs....so I am going to have to be really disciplined! Anyone else want to join me?
I will join you in a challenge but not sure on a number.....I want to fit into a size 16...... Not sure of the lbs but 1 dress size down would be good....... Xx

That's a really good idea Mia....I am struggling to get my head around sizes. I still see myself as a size 22 and when I try to buy something to wear I am looking at it on the hanger thinking it will fit and then I put it on and it is too big! So I look at a size smaller and on the hanger it is looking way to small in my head, then I put it on and it fits! Amazing feeling!

I am not sure what to do about the xmas party I am going to in December....I would normally by trying to find something to wear but right now I am hanging on. I don't know what size to get?

Ok peeps so brace yourself for the negativity.

SO after pretty much getting on with my band and new lifestyle fantastically over the few months since banding, I have really struggled this week....I am not sure what has happened (apart from half term) which could explain it. Also I set a Christmas goal a week or so ago and wonder if that has triggered the bad habits. One last change is I have not been recording on MFP this week....probably as I totally new I was going over my 1200kcals.

But this week I have been eating shockingly naughty foods (cake, crisps, biscuits, breaded chicken) too much of it, not listening to my hunger signals, not sticking to meal times, eating too fast and guess what, I have put on 2lbs.

ugh. Complete proof that if you think a band is a quick fix... think again. Proof that if you think you can eat what you like just in smaller amounts....think again. Proof that it still takes will power, commitment, discipline and killing those bad habits of a lifetime....if you want to loose weight.

I have been able to eat all the foods I didn't expect as well....pizza, bread and cake! OMG! I was ok as long as I chewed really well. No PBing, just pain as it went through. lots of swallowing nothing behind it followed by a drink once through sorted it all out....again me learning bad habits to let me cheat the band....

So the back on track plan.

-Record everything on MFP again, even if it is too much. I need to be honest with myself.

-Protein and veg first with small amounts of wholegrain rice and potatoes....no refined carbs....they are dangerous and I am out of control on them.

-Listen to those hungry signals and eat only at meal times.

-Drink more water! I have been drinking too much coffee and not much else.

Feel free to kick my butt. It is fully deserved.

No need to kick your butt you've already put measures in place to stop it happening again this week!

I'm literally a week out of surgery and I'm so full of positivity at the moment it's great. But I know a time will come when I want a big fat mice pie or 6! Haha

As long as you're generally going on a downward course it's ok.

Remember why you wanted this in the first place! Don't go back to the foods that made you feel miserable. :-(

Hope that helped. :)
Sam x

What excersise are you doing Summerband?

And you say you can eat those bad foods, but with pain as they go through.
Is the pain not enough to make it stop?

I'm sure you'll learn from it.

Humans make mistakes.

I do see this as a momentary glitch and something I can put right.

I have been doing some exercise including walking and an ex DVD.

I use the word pain loosely it is tightness more than pain. The foods are not getting stuck or I would pb. They are simply struggling to get through poss due to speed of eating more than not fitting. But no it obviously wasn't enough to stop me at the time!

I think the point is the band gives you some physical restriction but doesn't sort your head out! As you can see there is still work to do!

It's one week, you've recognised what you're doing before too much damage is done. Get your head back into it, plan your food and get back to recording everything again, and learn from this week without allowing it to derail you.

You're spot on, the band isn't going to change bad habits on its own - it's up to us to do that!

Good luck:)

Back