• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Mr Galloway wants his arse kicking Karina, never mind coming out of retirement.
Wish I could see him, I would give him what for.

Oh so sorry you had to go through so much recently!! You ate definitely more than welcome here and i am sure everyone will give you plenty of support!

Sending lots of love and healing wibes for you!!!

You are a star! Just an amazing and really strong woman!

Please keep us updated!

Oh Kirsty, I'm both devastated and delighted for you. The band never seemed to excel in you, and I do think that when you're dedicated you can do this weight loss thing.

Now rest what must be a very exhausted body, get yourself well and back to the Kirsty we know and love. Xxx

Blimey Kirsty, you have been through the mill. I'm so glad you have it sorted though. It's a shame you had a rotten experience. Thinking of you x

Hi,Kirsty,,I only visit now and again,,I read a lot,,,,,,I'm so sorry to hear all your troubles,,,,,ups and downs with your band, l hope you make a speedy recovery,,,,xxxxx hugs to you we lass ! Xxruby

Sending my love Kirsty xx sorry it's ended up like this for you! You have some serious questions that need to be answered!!

Fairness? Who have I ever blamed? Have i ever said 'oh poor me' even when my port and tubing were defunct - support is welcomed here no judgemental comments required thanks as I'm feeling in a bad enough place

Hey girls. Doing 100% better. Back in surgery tomorrow as I have a high temp they are not happy with and want to go and have another look to check no nacrotic tissue left behind. Well that what one surgeon is saying this evening. May change when I see the original one Tomorrow. I have had three different opinions today. Was hoping to get out of hospital tomorrow but told tonight I will be in a few more days. I have apologised to everyone that the NHS is having to pick up my care about specially as I paid for a two year care package. But they have all been brilliant!

Never been in hospital for this length of time to be honest. The early part of the week flew by, I was not actually aware of what was going on most of the time but now I feel so much better time is dragging. But I am grateful for the care I am receiving. And this nil by mouth must be doing wonders for my weight lol

Hey Kirsty, just caught up with your thread and can't believe you've had such a horrible time. Glad they got to you in time to stop anything irretrievable happening. Sounds like you need some healing time. Take it easy my love, you've always been such a support on this site - I would miss you if you gave up on us xxxx

I was nil by mouth for 2 weeks once. They gave me so much IV fluid I weighed more after than I did before. Weight dropped off once the fluid regulated though. Have they got you on antibiotics?

Hi Kirsty so glad you feeling a bit better, take no notice of people and their opinions, if there are no helpful things you say then people should keep quite. The most important thing is you make a good recovery and get back home. Let's hope your just having a reaction to the surgery and it's not something serious. You have enough to worry about just get better and then you can sort things out . Sleep and rest might be a good time to get stuck into that crochet project you wanted to,do.

Just think Kirsty, nil by mouth....... You'll defo lose a few pounds this week. :)

Seriously though, gutted they're thinking of whipping you back into theatre again, but they need to be sure.

Is there any recourse with providers on band slippage? Seems bizarre it happened just after a fill and after they redid your tubes etc.

So so sorry Kirsty I know more than most what band problems are like you'll have to join me on my quest for a sleeve.
If it's any consolation I doubt the toast has been the cause of this at all that may have just led to a defil dont beat ur self up we all make mistakes I met a girl at salford royal think I mentioned her to you once before she had very similar problems to you leaking band port tubing repair about a month ago she ended up really ill with a really bad infection collapsed on a drip etc when they emptied her the saline was yellow and she lost her band too makes u wonder if a leak can do more harm than we realise. You just get well and of course we all still want you on here take care xxx

Thanks girls I think I told you that on Thursday the nurse couldn't get my fill back in. But she did eventually with Mr Gibson's guidance. When the surgeon tried to empty the fill before surgery yesterday there was none there....no fill at all. He said it was all very odd. My band was completely empty they had taken out 7.5ml and put 9ml back in and by Sunday it was completely empty

I just need to put it all down to experience and work away at losing weight I can't go apportioning blame to myself or my provider. It would drive me nuts. It just didn't work for me

Thanks girls I think I told you that on Thursday the nurse couldn't get my fill back in. But she did eventually with Mr Gibson's guidance. When the surgeon tried to empty the fill before surgery yesterday there was none there....no fill at all. He said it was all very odd. My band was completely empty they had taken out 7.5ml and put 9ml back in and by Sunday it was completely empty I just need to put it all down to experience and work away at losing weight I can't go apportioning blame to myself or my provider. It would drive me nuts. It just didn't work for me

Oh Kirsty , I just been reading through all of this. Hummm. I cannot imagine how your feeling. Just one thing I noticed was you writing in this last part....

I can't go apportining blame. Myself or my provider, it just don't don't work for me.

You know what.... I hold my hats up to you. That is a massive statement and anyone reading this should realise what it takes to actually sit there and say that, given the pain, suffering , complications, regardless of advice, rules ( only say rules because not everyone with a band can eat the same things- we are ALL different and unique, heal, mend and react in different way... The rules were a guide of best practice and if that was the case then non of us would try rice, steak, mince... But I guess majority of us did?!?!) anyway, getting back to the point, in light of your experience , to not Harbour blame or Ill feeling to yourself or your provider, is just sensational and I read every word everyone's written through your trials and I just needed to applaud u and say I think your doing amazing, and mentally such a strong woman to be making statements like that after such a short period of time in your suffering.

Keep looking after yourself. You are number one and don't think about leaving here just coz the bands not there, your experience can help others make these decisions .... Big massive hugs to you my darling. And just WOW. Xxxxx.

BrandedHun i think you have hit the nail on the head, Kirsty needs time to adjust, to be positive and to continue to received support will help her to recover outside the body. As she said it would drive her nuts to start the blame game, but it will bite her on the bum, because as as each week passes she dill become angry about what's happened. All we can do now is be here for her. She took as many do the brave decision to have a band in the first place. It's gone wrong, can't change at but she can get support to either go another way or just try another way to loose weight. She needs positive people around her now , she doesn't need beating up by silly negative comments about what she did or did not eat. We have all had the Oh I shouldn't send suffered for it. This was not the first fill so she knew her own body but as we all know what fits today won't gig tomorrow.

Back