• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Oh Kirsty, so sorry to hear about all you have been through and sending hugs that they sort the infection and get you home soon xxxx

Kirsty , do you have the band? Can you get it? I think it would be worth giving it to your provider so they can investigate what went wrong! It's not about blame, but the whys could stop it happening to someone else!

Hi Kirsty
Thinking of you you are always so strong and positive even at times like this
Just read your latest post and if ur band was empty as mine currently is as I'm awaiting revision you would be able to eat toast anyway
There was obviously some other problem with the difficulties you've had maybe they'll explain it too you who knows but take care good luck for today x

Thanks girls

No moo I don't have the band. By the time of my op late Tuesday night I was literally deletious with pain. I actually signed my consent form as Kirsty Connor my surname from my previous marriage lol. That caused a bit of a ruckus in theatre. They had to re do the consent and make sure I knew where I was and why I was there and have bloods released under my current name

I actually called my bestie and asked her if I died would she make sure Lindsay found homes for the dogs and told her I loved her like a sister and she had been the best friend anyone could have wished for.....I must have been so out of it. I don't do that sentimental stuff when she told me I remembered the call and was mortified!!!!! She said when she saw me the night before my eyes were rolling in my head and I couldn't put a sentence together

So asking for the band back was the last thing I was thinking about

Your support as always is so appreciated

My temp is still 38.2 and I'm scheduled to go back into theatre for a scope and further surgery if needed this morning. Well that's the story so far. The consultant may have other ideas when he does his rounds but they have me fasting in preparation as that was the consultants call last night

Oh blimey Kirsty. They need to get that temperature down.

Xxx

Hope they manage to get your temp down Kirsty, hang in there, we are all here for you

Lynn x

What a nightmare Kirsty, hope the doctors manage to sort you out. Take care and I hope you feel better real soon. X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Crikey Kirsty, you really are going through it! Sending love, hugs and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery from all this.

Hope they manage to find the cause of that high temp and will resolve it!

I couldnt stop thinking about you all day at work yesterday!

Sending lots of love and hugs xxx

Kirsty I feel so terrible for you. Of course you need time to adjust to everything. Having a revision to mini bypass from my slipped/eroding band was the best thing I ever did, the lifestyle is so much easier.
Maybe it's something that you might think about once you have put all this behind you. For now forget about everything apart from getting yourself to a good place again xxx

image-1248152254.jpg

Ahh Kirsty my love. Sending lots of hugs my friend and hope you're feeling better soon.

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Kirsty, how are you today? Still thinking of you. You have been a huge support to me, hopefully we can all support now xxx

Hi Kirsty I've just read your diary. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you best wishes. Even though I don't know you from reading your posts I can tell your one strong lady with lots of friends and support. I know you won't let this stop you getting what you want. It just means you have to find another wAy and I have every faith that you will. Gill

Back on the ward around half three but been too zonked to update. So feeling lovely right now - fuzzy and floaty

Not spoken to the consultant yet

Will update you

Ah, so they went ahead with 2nd op. Get some sleep - no doubt the consultant will turn up just as you're having a lovely dream. Xx

Omg I'm just catching up Kirsty!!!!
I am so so so so so sorry to hear you've had such a terrible time!
I don't know why someone's decided to be negative one piece of toast wouldn't have made you slip and have fed tissue inside you so defs don't take any notice of that!
Sorry I wasn't on here for you when you were going through it. I hope you stay with us, and I want to say thanks for sharing your experience. I try hard with my band but this has made me even more determined to stick to the rules X X
Wishing you a speedy recovery X x

Back