• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Hi Kirsty - I've been catching up on your diary - glad to hear you're feeling better.
Good luck with sw I'm sure you'll do great - you've done amazing so far :) love x

Advice needed please

Girls. Since I have come out of hospital I have a horrible sensation at the end of my tonge like I have had a drink of something too hot. Nothing tastes like it should

I don't know if this is anything to be concerned about?

Have any of you experienced this?

It's been weeks now

Hmmm I could make a smart arse remark but.... Can anaesthetic that's still in you system cause this. The tongues very sensitive and the chemicals are super potent ? Any nursey folk able to offer help?! Or if you've a relative ??

Do you have blisters etc, vitamin deficiency perhaps seeing you've been through trauma?

Xxx

Could it be a bit of scarring from where they put a tube down Kirsty? Tongues do repair really well, hopefully it'll start to ease soon.

The jacket is fab, and you're definitely getting your sparkle back my lovely. You look great. Xx

Been on the Internet. There is a burning tonge syndrome. Can be hormonal or vit deficiency or alergy. I have my yearly celiac check in Tuesday they will do bloods. So will ask about this

I have this all the time and I have been to both my GP and dentist and neither can give me an answer. I've put it down to the hormonal change, you know I've said I loved spicy food but I can't look at it now let alone eat it. My tongue feels like I've had a hot cup,of tea and burnt it. So sorry to one sufferer to another night hot an answer

Mouse that's exactly how I feel. I have just read up on it. If it's hormonal it can last for years. I'm Hoping mine may be a deficiency. It seems a real coincidence that this has happened following my 8 days of nil by mouth

Sounds like a deficiency to me. It could be a number of things but try some b vits, get time release, they'll work better. Some zinc could help too

Can't stop laughing karina ha ha ha I have visions of her tongue stuck to a really frosty window and having to pull it off X ouch !! X

It's half a pound gone Kirsty! Celebrate it.

Ps. But completely understand the frustration and disappointment. Xx

Back