• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm new to this

Kevin G

Hi I'm Kevin I've not long started at L and D hospital after a referral from my consultant at R.N.O.H, I've always struggled with my weight but two years ago I was disabled from nerve damage to my leg and back, my lack of mobility and medication saw my weight go up by 8 stone in two years, I've just been started on milk diet I'm three weeks in today and can't believ I've lost two stone already, I've been told that this is to see that I can tolerate the diet also they say it will help me to shift 10% of my body weight , I'm on it for four weeks but they would like me to do it for eight weeks if I can stand it. I must admit it's been ok so far I've only had a couple of days craving food!! I've been making my sugar free jelly every day, this really is the highlight of my day at the moment, I've been making half water and half milk, does anyone have any ideas to change the consistency.?
I'd be glad of any advice on offer to help me through my journey
Thanks

I added a can of sugar free 7up and another time added a can of sugar free vimto. Can't explain the taste lol like fizzy jelly it was lovely ...
Oh and welcome xxxx

Hi Kevin welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your two stone loss so far that's amazing. 6 stone to go until the two year weight has vanished forever! That's a 1/4 off already! Good luck with the milk diet. I had to do it for four weeks but I didn't have jelly so can't help you with the consistency unfortunately. I used to change the milk up between hot milk, normal and used to crush some ice and coffee in there to make a costa style drink. @Tracey done something with her jelly but I can't remember what. It may have been all milk that she used. Look forward to following your journey :)

Welcome Kevin. 2 stone loss already is fantastic. Well done you.
I know what you mean about the sugar free jelly. I'm doing the milk diet right now and look forward to my jelly supper.

Hellos and welcome Kevin !
Well done on losing all that weight so far ! That's amazing :)

Hello, welcome and a huge well done already :)
I could swap some of my milk for yogurt, drank plenty of water and Pepsi Max while I still could :) to be honest I found it very easy because I didn't have to think too much ;)

I added a can of sugar free 7up and another time added a can of sugar free vimto. Can't explain the taste lol like fizzy jelly it was lovely ...
Oh and welcome xxxx
Thanks for the tip I will try the fizzy jelly for a change and thanks for the welcome, I was just googling to see if there was any support out there and wls popped up, it's great to see everyone's progress x

Well done on your weighloss, And welcome to the forum.

Toni:rainbow:

Well done Kevin fantastic weight loss. I am at L&D too and this is my first day on the milk diet so taking all advice on board x

Well done Kevin fantastic weight loss. I am at L&D too and this is my first day on the milk diet so taking all advice on board x
Hi Maria I've just done my fourth week today and am losing weight nearly 3 stone now, I've been making my sugar free jelly half milk half water as when I made with just water it really didn't feel like I was eating anything, I've also tried whipping the the jelly after an hour which changes the consistency like something between a mousse and a blamange. Good luck on your journey also milky coffees as was suggested to me, do stop hunger

Thanks Simon grateful for the advice and fantastic weight loss for you. It is so helpful to chat to people going through this too

Just seen your posts....2 stone gone.. Very well done!

Hi I'm Kevin I've not long started at L and D hospital after a referral from my consultant at R.N.O.H, I've always struggled with my weight but two years ago I was disabled from nerve damage to my leg and back, my lack of mobility and medication saw my weight go up by 8 stone in two years, I've just been started on milk diet I'm three weeks in today and can't believ I've lost two stone already, I've been told that this is to see that I can tolerate the diet also they say it will help me to shift 10% of my body weight , I'm on it for four weeks but they would like me to do it for eight weeks if I can stand it. I must admit it's been ok so far I've only had a couple of days craving food!! I've been making my sugar free jelly every day, this really is the highlight of my day at the moment, I've been making half water and half milk, does anyone have any ideas to change the consistency.?
I'd be glad of any advice on offer to help me through my journey
Thanks
Hi can you have yoghurt?
Add a yoghurt to s/f jelly just before it is sett the wobbly stage and leave for an hour or so .I think the ww ones are lowest in sugar. .its a bit like a blamanche

Sprite in the milk? How was that? :)

Back