• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

pajustka

New to site had band done on Sunday 21st at Dolan Park by Mr Sigurdsson. Still a bit sore and very tired, is this normal?

welcome - and yes it's very normal. You are only a few days post surgery and it can take for some a good 7-10 days to feel human again :)

I've had my band for 11 months, not always the easiest but its given me great results even with very very minimal restriction :)

you aren't a wimp at all, it's only a couple of days and its normal, both having had anaesthetic and the surgery. Some people are affected more than others and the whole journey is unique to us, take it at your pace, :)

New Start

Well feeling much better now at 8 days post banding, shoulder pain was a bit rough over the weekend.Made me sweat a bit but other than that feel good. Struggling with the fluid diet now after the milk n yogurt ....Is it vital we stick to fluids for 2 weeks I feel I could manage sloppy...Any advice?

Oooh you were done at the same place, time, date and surgeon as me. Are you the lady that was chuffed I had room 13 and not you? Lol. I've had bad shoulder pain too, but it is getting better day by day. X keep in touch :)

Hi Emma, thats great to know we were there together, wasn't it hot in those rooms...LOL. No I wasn't that lady and am please room 13 was not unlucky for you x

Hi and welcome xx

Oh yes, completely boiling, I had to keep my fan on and luckily my room was near the duck pond so I kept hanging my head out the window looking at the ducklings :) how are you feeling? I'm sooo much better today but really feel I could go on to mushy now, the liquid just isn't doing it for me anymore. I had some sugar free jelly and a spoon of low fat custard today and it was heaven! Shoulder pain all but gone now too, thank god!

I had to have two fans on all night and no nice view :( like you I feel much better today and the shoulder pain has gone too ! Can't wait for sloppy diet I never want to see soup or milk again. Have you lost more weight ? I have lost about 8lbs from my pre op weight !

Lost 12lb since op day, I'm in the 16's now, ( 16. 10 to be exact) which I haven't been for a long while. Was 18st 8lb when started pre op diet on 10/7.
X

I had mine the 23rd ladies at Dolan park.. 7 days today and starting to feel a little hungry..! Naughty had a mocha frappe in mcdonolds today whilst kids had there lunch.. It was amazing and the most filling thing I have had since the op. I felt naughty thou as my fitness pal says there 500 cals.. Luckily I've been taking an average 400 cals a day for a week and have lost 6lb since op..
I would never of had things like that pre op.. (But would of a Big Mac meal and water) but thought I could afford to as intake has been so poor the past week, also went to EAT and got some of their home make soups.. Yum..
I can see I am gonna struggle with the liquid stage..
Oh and breakfast was very very thin ready break with half a blended banana.. Try it gorg..

The dietician is calling me on Thursday so I'm gonna ask her if its really really necessary to hold out for two weeks exactly. I've read so many different things on here and I feel ready for mush now, im at the stage where I would rather have nothing than drink another soup or slim fast! Lol, of course I'm not being silly and am having what I should but it feels like a bloody chore :/ who ever would have thought eh? Just a month of this is killing me ( as hubby is in kitchen cooking pork steaks with cheese and garlic sauce) Oh, I could cry!!! Ha ha
So, day 7 was hell for me, the complete worst, how are you feeling?

Every were I have read stated over and over agin that fluids should be taken for 2 weeks, it stated although you may feel fine your band needs time to heal.. I now I also will soon start to struggle, truly we all understand but you must stick to it to make sure all is well.. Have the much food just liquidize it more with water/milk.. Watery baby food... That should be fine. U r day 9? So only 5 days till much xx

Plus I ain't ever had a slimfast or any other meal replacement can't face them also... Ask them about collage cheese for me please on Thursday?? X

Will do.

Yeah, THG said two weeks, but I've seen some where it's like 3 days, then on to sloppy, then mashed! I will stick to it, I think it's just seeing that little chink of light at the end of a very liquidy tunnel has got my tummy rumbling ;) lol
Will ask for you, no probs :) x

I spoke to the dietician from THG as I have had some issues with the liquid diet and they say it is 2 weeks and that is their policy! I am having some really embarrassing physical side effects and am reluctant to leave the house so role on Sunday my 2 week day x

Oh no Pajustka, how awful for you :( only a gee more days to go! Luckily I've been ok in that respect, think yesterday was just a wobbly day as today I'm back to feeling full :/ I think this band is gonna take a bit of getting used to.
So, what's for brekkie on Sunday?

Back