• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

Thanks, I'm still really cross this morning, I couldn't sleep in the same room, went in with the kids!
Maybe I'll just sulk all day and make him realise that his little jokes are bloody hurtful

I think we react to these sort of comments because we still carry our own guilt around food. I am always conscious of what I eat in front of others (massive secret eater.. Still!) if I eat a take away and have more then a few mouthfulls.. Or fancy some supper.. I feel guilty! Terribly guilty.. Were I try and justify to myself, "I haven't eaten much today, I have been ill so off my food" whatever that reason may be it is us trying to justify it to ourselves. When in reality we have hardy eaten anything, we set our own limits and expectations and if we eat more then what we set then we have guilt!
If I'm completely honest with u Emma, he's a man he is insensitive and does not understand, but really how could he, does anyone? Really understand? Understand u and your eating and your own guilt? U reacted to it because it reinforced what u were feeling, "why am I wanting to eat again?" If u didn't have all that guilt and concern u would off told him to "**** off" and put it down to his insensitivity, him having had a drink. And moved on from it. But u didn't, u carried it and u still r, because it's about u and how u feel about yourself.
There's no easy answer for the way we are and the way eating makes us feel, and I can only hope with time that I will drop all my issues. but please try not to make your issues with food cause other problems in your life, it's like Cancer and can take over if u let it. After all he has supported u in getting the band and the major cost of it. Take a deep breath and and let it go... Not for his sake but for your own. Xxx

Well Christmas has been a killer for me and my weight has suffered!! To be honest I dare not weigh myself as I know I have put a few pounds on... I need my next fill ASAP and a big kick up the ass. Having said that, I've enjoyed myself ?

Ha ha, me too! Lol, well, you gotta live, Xmas is once a year, we've had a band put in, we've not been converted into nuns ;-) xxx back to the gym
this morning :)

Ha ha, me too! Lol, well, you gotta live, Xmas is once a year, we've had a band put in, we've not been converted into nuns ;-) xxx back to the gym
this morning :)

Emma I'm also card Emma, my boyfriend thinks if I mention the word diet or healthy eating that I'm all of a sudden not allowed to eat I have to constantly remind him I still need food to survive 2000 cal a day to be exact and that's alot of food if I'm cutting down then I'll eat 1200 cals a day and that's quiet alot to! I think men think skinny girls don't eat so when ur banded u shud not eat, I constantly feel in reeducating my partner on how much food is allowed when ur dieting! I have skinny sisters who eat loads it's ok to eat were not meant to starve!!!

Lou, did you weigh yourself? I went back to the gym, used their scales, and I thought I ate like an absolute pig over Xmas, I put on 1lb!!! So you might not have done as much damage as you think xxx
Pete apologised for being an arse, he said it was a very ill judged joke and he was sorry, so all is forgiven.
Emma, I really do think they just don't get it, it took me completely blowing my top for my oh to realise :(

Hi em, well done on the 1lb that is ace.. Mine was 3lb.. I haven't lost for about 12 weeks!! Anyhow gonna sort a fill ASAP. I have uni work to do so don't wanna book a fill until my work is all done, as all my days off r spent on assignments!
I haven't had a fill since October. So with that I think I will be fine. On a positive I'm still a size 12, and that feels great.. X

Lou, can I ask a personal question? Are you losing weight as fast as you thought you would? I've only lost 2 st since having band in . Having another adjustment next week

Last edited:
Hi em. I'm having a fill tomorrow, but I think I have put weight on since last. I have lost, put on, lost and then put on due to Christmas. But I now why.. Crisps and chocolates! Since band I think I may of lost about 20lb... Will let you now how my fill goes. X

Hi em, so turns out I have stayed the same since last assessment in dec.. But my last fill was oct.
I'm ok with that, it's just that I have a massive fear of getting fat again... Really I am around target. But due to my mind I still think I fat!! It's all ****ed up!
So my bmi is 25 the nurse put in 0.25 just to help me feel a little more in control, I have no sticks ect. So I'm ok with that. Let's see how things progress. Lost 10kg since band. Thats 22lb..
Hope that all helps u, it really does take time and patience. Holidays and Christmas don't help. I know we r slightly different as don't have quite the same to lose... Good luck em xx

Hi em, so what do u have in your band, I'm at 6.75ml. And I can really feel this one, portion size is loads smaller and I don't have much hunger at all. But I can still eat most things, not meat thou. Scared to eat meat!
So all is good, fingers crossed it lasts.

Hi em..
All is good with me, weight has stayed at 10.3 for about 6weeks now... And I think that's ok... I'm only slightly hungry and would say I'm green... But I still crave and do eat a lot of rubbish. But the band can't stop what I put in my mouth can it?!
I eat very small meals and feel satisfied following that, but due to being a nurse and having no set eating pattern I still find I eat often! Very small but often.
Confused?? Me to!
But I'm ok with it all, and the nurse at the clinic says it's all good, I guess cos I am a healthy weight it all doesn't really matter, I think i would struggle to loose more weight without going on a diet..! And that's the thing I ain't dieting, not at all.. Plus I can eat almost anything, I stY away from meat but bread is ok and if I eat slow and be careful I'm fine. I do get stuck if to fast or don't chew enough and I'm not able to PB! Can u? I can't imagine being any tighter..
How r u Emma, how r u finding the band? Is it all what u excepted? Xx

Nowhere near what I expected! It's been harder and taken far longer than I ever thought it would! Got another adjustment in two weeks and hoping that'll be my last one,
It's just sooooo slow

Back