• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

Sorry I have been quiet! Phone has been playing up! Sounds like Emma and loo are much more positive :) I have had a second top up today now have 7.5 mls! Definitely feels tighter! Am v full after Soup at 1pm and nothing else!! Lets hope it's good for us all!! X

How we getting on ladies? Feeling tighter and satisfied I hope?
So I had my fill 9 days ago and I can soooo tell a difference, it's hard to fully judge but I think I have got tighter over time.
I can feel it in a morning mostly, and also feels tight when I need to burp?!
I can't really gulp anymore either, no stuck episodes and no hyper salivating !
I don't think I am hungry, but it's hard to judge as I have been in work for three days (never feel hungry in work cos sooo busy) and uni today, and haven't felt hungry, ate small amounts and felt satisfied!!
Days off have been a little different, but I think that's boredom and my mind!!?!
I guess only time will tell.. And weight loss!

I don't know if I want it tighter, I like being able to eat what I want, although haven't tried bread, and with not having much weight to loose, I think I can afford to be slightly looser.. Just really want it to help out with hunger and cravings!!
Defo only gonna jump in .5 fills or less from now on.

:) looking forward to your updates x
I feel as though

Came on as thought it's all been a bit quiet and then had notifications coming through, must have been the ios7 update that made it screwy? Anyways, glad to hear you're doing well Lou, mine is better to a degree , my portions are defo smaller but not feeling restricted as such. I think I still have a wee way to go but feel I'm on the right track now /) you ok Julie?

Hi girls, how's things going?
Been a nightmare this end, my twins caught chickenpox, Matthew had them first, Jack skipped a week and ten caught them so bad we ended up in hospital with him, as he had them all in his mouth and throat, poor thing couldn't even swallow his own saliva :(
He's on the mend now thankfully, but had to cancel my adjustment ( obviously) so need to rebook that for soon.
Weight loss has been pretty much nil, hovering around the same , although I get somedays where I feel it works fantastically :/ guess it's down to the food you eat.
Hope you're all well, let us know how you're going x

Hello Emma good to hear from you...
Sorry to hear u have had a rough time lately nothing worse then poorly kids.

I'm doing ok!
Been on my cruise and could eat far more then I wanted to! But having said that I only put 4lb on, which is a first. Had my third fill on Friday and my weight had stayed the same as last weigh in 4.5 weeks before. So now have 6.5ml in band and feeling very close to green, but having problems with craving, eating far to much chocolate and crisps... But I do know it is only a matter of time. I think that we all think we r going to be the 1 in 100 that the band fails with... But it's unlikely, just a little bit more fill and hopefully all will be good.. Just thankful I don't have buckets to loose.
Have u got your next fill booked?

Not heard from Julie I do hope she is doing ok!

I rang this afternoon and they got me a cancellation for Wednesday morning :) so happy about that :) where did you go on your cruise, I bet it was amazing :)

Well, if I stay feeling the way I am now, I don't need any more adjustments, so if you're struggling, keep the faith, because ive not felt like this at all until now.
I eat 4/5 mouthfuls and i'm full to the point if I eat any more, I know i'll be sick. I stay feeling full for hours and when I think about food, my body literally sighs and says it couldn't possibly eat!
I have 7.5ml in a 10 ml band now and I think anymore and I would feel uncomfortable, its borderline now but enough where you don't want to overindulge.
So, I know we have stuggled but keep the faith, our bands just need to get to where we need it to be. :)

Emma that is so amazing... Yay, at last the sweet spoke...
I am very very close, someday i think I'm there, but also days I want to eat.. I'm 6.5 now..
So how big was your fill?

Well, if I stay feeling the way I am now, I don't need any more adjustments, so if you're struggling, keep the faith, because ive not felt like this at all until now.
I eat 4/5 mouthfuls and i'm full to the point if I eat any more, I know i'll be sick. I stay feeling full for hours and when I think about food, my body literally sighs and says it couldn't possibly eat!
I have 7.5ml in a 10 ml band now and I think anymore and I would feel uncomfortable, its borderline now but enough where you don't want to overindulge.
So, I know we have stuggled but keep the faith, our bands just need to get to where we need it to be. :)

That is just what I'm hoping for!

It's great to see that some people do indeed find that sweet spot.

All the best x

Last edited:
Emma that is so amazing... Yay, at last the sweet spoke... I am very very close, someday i think I'm there, but also days I want to eat.. I'm 6.5 now.. So how big was your fill?

It won't let me reply without quoting you for some reason. I had 0.75 ml in on Wednesday so I'm just under 7.5 ml in total in my band .

How do u feel in the morning? And when, if ever does your hunger kick in?
I've managed to not eat bread at all since returning from my cruise but I'm needing chocolate.. Have your cravings gone away?
I find I settle into my fill, I don't find it effective until after about a week. When I'm at work or busy I feel in the green, but when I'm at home chilling or pottering I feel I could eat anything and everything. On a plus I have lost what I put on on the cruise.

Just not pooping!!?!?!

How do u feel in the morning? And when, if ever does your hunger kick in? I've managed to not eat bread at all since returning from my cruise but I'm needing chocolate.. Have your cravings gone away? I find I settle into my fill, I don't find it effective until after about a week. When I'm at work or busy I feel in the green, but when I'm at home chilling or pottering I feel I could eat anything and everything. On a plus I have lost what I put on on the cruise. Just not pooping!!?!?!

Still really full in the morning, I got to 1000 and thought that I'd eat just to keep topped up, ate 1 egg and 1 turkey rasher and was stuffed. Couldn't eat lunch, had a chicken curry with cauliflower rice, out of pure habit dished up a bowl full, ate about a quarter of it and couldn't face any more. Are you taking your vitamins daily? And having enough fluid? I'm not having problems in the pooping department:/

Hi em, interested to know how your getting on, I feel hungry in the morning and I'm surprised what I can eat, I tend not to over indulge but I could quite easily get carried away.
It's been about 10 days since my fill and my weight has mostly stayed the same for about 6 weeks.
I still fee happy as I'm 10.9 ish and in comfy size 12... But I'm still seeking green. Crisps and chocolate are my nemesis!

I'm 6.5 so I know not far, no sticks if I'm careful, and I eat really slow. .. Are things still great for u. ?

Hi em, interested to know how your getting on, I feel hungry in the morning and I'm surprised what I can eat, I tend not to over indulge but I could quite easily get carried away. It's been about 10 days since my fill and my weight has mostly stayed the same for about 6 weeks. I still fee happy as I'm 10.9 ish and in comfy size 12... But I'm still seeking green. Crisps and chocolate are my nemesis! I'm 6.5 so I know not far, no sticks if I'm careful, and I eat really slow. .. Are things still great for u. ?

Still great hun, it doesn't feel weird anymore but I can't eat anywhere near what I used to. It was hubby's birthday yesterday, went out for a meal, ordered a 5oz steak and ate a quarter of it, about three mouthfuls of spinach and two mushrooms and I was done .
I don't feel hungry during the day AT ALL, and that was a huge thing for me, and I can't think about food without feeling bleurgh, so I'm finding
now I'm not thinking of food during the day half as much as I was before.
I've lost 7lb since last Wednesday l, just over 1lb a day , I know it will slow down but I'm over the moon so far.
Have you heard from Julie? I sent her a private message asking if she was ok and we were worried as we've not heard anything ( that was over a week ago )

I am so so pleased for u Emma, and so excited that I do could feel that way. No not heard from Julie! Maybe she is struggling and will be back when she's ready!

Needing a little advice from a lady in green!
I have no pattern to my eating at all, due to being a nurse, a mother an a uni student, my diet changers daily to suit what I am doing.
I can honestly not say what I would normally eat for breakfast!! Confused? Me to. ( gonna start a diary)
Also I find I am picking, when cooking kids lunch I will pic and then not eat myself. I am eating crackers (mostly ryvita) everyday. And then a small evening meal. Then crackers cheese before bed! But i will pic at crisps, biscuits and chocolate daily, an it is REALLY affecting my weight loss. I am losing very small amounts, but it is going down not up.
I need to change my habits.
(My sister has been home from Australia for the last 3 weeks so this has set me off target, she returns Thursday)
What I don't know, is if I need a fill?
I'm very occasionally getting stuck, but I know what I've done wrong. No reflux ect. Some hunger, peckish really. Rather then starving.

But will a small fill help with my willpower, my desire for food rather then hunger? I want to take food out of my head. Has it helped u in that way?
Or should I persist at 6.5ml until I have tried a better diet?
I'm at a lose at the mo. Any advice would be appreciated.
Just to add, it is great but doesn't help my willpower that all my clothes fit and I happy with myself physically, although I didn't get this band to just lose 18lb I wanted to another stone on top.!

I can only go by my experience, I was exactly the same at 6.5, felt like nothing changed, that I have put myself in debt for 5 yrs for something that has been a waste of time , got another fill to take me to just under 7.5 and Lou, I'm not just saying it, the difference is amazing!!
I eat three times a day and that's it! Staying relatively low carb, lots of protein and veg and salad! ( great for packed lunches)
For the first week or so, if I even thought of food, I would feel physically sick, now I don't even really think about food any more. It's shown me that 90% of my " hunger" was head hunger .
I eat a hot breakfast every day, salad/ stir fry for lunches and then your meat and veg for tea.
Just forward prep if you know you have a busy few days ahead with foods that can be warmed through. Sugar free jelly is a great substitute for a sweet fix xxx

It is very important to have liquids for the first 2 weeks
Its not how you feel its so your body has time to heal and to prevent stretching the new pouch in your banded stomach
Its such a short time give yourself the best start and hang on in there
Good Luck xxxxx

It is very important to have liquids for the first 2 weeks Its not how you feel its so your body has time to heal and to prevent stretching the new pouch in your banded stomach Its such a short time give yourself the best start and hang on in there Good Luck xxxxx
We all had our bands in July within a few days of each other, we are just in that banders hell period where you need to get adjusted to where it works for you :) luckily I'm there, I've cancelled my next adjustment appointment as I really don't feel the need for it X

Back