• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

Hi Em... I'm off for fill number 4 this morning, I do have some restriction at the mo, and I have toyed with the idea of a fill for the past two weeks, (been 6 since last) as some days I have no hunger and other days I can go mad!! Plus I have had very occasional stuck episode which is horrible, far worse then I imagined! But I know why it happened and some foods I just cannot eat. Don't know about my weight loss, will see when I'm weighed later, but I think maybe 3lb since last fill which I am ok with... So maybe a small fill today get me through Christmas without weight gain (for the first time ever!)
How r u getting on, last time u posted u felt great and lost 6lb in your first week??!

Mornin hun, good luck with your fill. I'm sure this will be the one for you!
I'm doing great, steadily losing 2lb a week at the mo, I actually curve in now at my waist instead if bulging out, just gotta get the front flabby bits gone! Ha ha. Double chins have gone so getting there :) oh my god, food getting stuck is the worst!! So painful :( and I can't eat lamb anymore which I'm gutted about, it makes me really sick :( let me know how you get on xxxx

Haha so turns out my estimated 3lb loss since last fill is more like 9!! Which is wonderful but also means no fill for me... I'm fine with that, I'm happy with what I'm eating and having some hunger, so as long as I am losing then great..! Think it's time for some new scales!
10 stone 2 lb lightest in 8 years ish!!

Oh my God, well done you, that's fantastic :)

Hi Emma, I have been ready this thread for ages!! I had my bad done end of august I have only lost a stone and still 5 to go. I have 6.75 and still can it an good adverse portion.
I seen u really started to loose over 7mls is this correct? I have another fill in 2 weeks. Did u loose much b4 this?

Char x

Hi hun, yeah, didn't start to feel anything until I went from 6.5 to 7.5ml. Don't lose hope, it takes a long time for it to settle in, but all this bit now is preparing you for when you do hit restriction, cause now if I take too big a bite, or eat too fast, I'm in agony and will be sick x

Thanks Emma, honestly I have felt disheartened at times but after reading a couple of weeks ago that it had started working for u and u had a Good restriction it gave me hope!!

Do u have much to loose? Im going back in 2 weeks, how much do u think i should as for? x

I've got just under 7 st to lose, so only just really at the beginning of my journey. I know exactly how you are feeling, I was in complete despair that I had basically made our family skint paying for an op that hasn't worked.
I would ask for possibly 0.75 to 1ml if you are feeling absolutely nothing. The thing is, you don't want to go too high too fast cause that won't work either.
What's your nurse like that does your fills? Mine is great, so be honest about how you really are feeling, I'm sure you will be well on your way soon :) keep in touch, I always have my phone with me and get notifications when anyone posts on this thread, so I'm always about :)

I really do hope it works :( just had my breakfast and had bacon and egg on toast, not fat on bacon egg poached and granary but was able to eat it all :-/

I'm with HG I never had face to face dietitian and always had a different nurse for fill!

Can believe I've only lost 14lb so far!!

I find I can still eat a good amount if I wanted to, the trick for me was the crunchy veg and salad. I eat that first before going onto protein and then find I can't eat too much of it. It's also keeping me full, I hand on heart can say now I eat 3 normal sized meals a day, not the huge brekkie, biscuits with coffee, lunch, sweets, kids leftover tea and then a massive portion of our tea with afters thrown in! I'm actually quite disgusted with myself and the way I used to eat.
I'm also with HG but have been lucky that I always speak to the same dietician on the phone and have always had the same nurse for my fills, so feel comfortable telling her how I am, and she's had the surgery herself, which helps. Where abouts in the world are you? Where do you go for your fills?

I go to the Manchester clinic, I live in warrington. How about you? I
Drink alot of wine so I don't think that helps!!

I will try the salad/veg thing x

Just read this thread! How you all doing this week!
Im 31 years old have 4 kids, I'm 5'7 and weigh 14 stone 7. BMI is 32. I'm planning a gastric band in the new year.

Just read this thread! How you all doing this week! Im 31 years old have 4 kids, I'm 5'7 and weigh 14 stone 7. BMI is 32. I'm planning a gastric band in the new year.

Hi Marmalishious.

I'm 34 with 3 kids, me and Emma had our bands at the same time... I had a bmi of 30.. Having the gastric band was a blessing, it has worked perfectly for me and the whole process has been pretty plain sailing.. U do have to be patient but the results will come. Plus I save a fortune on food!! Although Emma and i r only 4 months out I'm sure we will be able to help any questions... X

Hi hun,
I'm 36 ( boo hoo) and also have 4 kids. My bmi was 39 when I had the band fitted. Lou is spot on, it took a good 4 months for it to start working, something which isn't widely said, I've found. I did a lot of research before having my band, and the impression I got was the once you had it in, the weight fell of and you lost a stone a month from the get go. Be prepared that this isn't the case. At first you will put weight on, then you'll hover for ages, then you bounce between the same couple of Lb for ages, BUT, once you get your fills right it starts coming off slow and steady. So, don't lose hope an despair that you've put yourself through it for nothing ( like we all did) ha ha .
Keep us posted on what you're doing, how you're going, Lou and I are always knocking about :)

I'm applying for my loan tomorrow. I was gonna have the band last January but I let my best friend talk me out of it because she said we could do it together. I did lose 2 stone but have not lost a pound for months. I feel like I let another year pass me by. So 2014 will be my year. And this time I'm only telling my fiancé.

Bit upset this evening. Was my sisters birthday today so she had a wee party at 1pm. I ate some salad, coleslaw, gammon ham, a small slice of quiche and a small slice of birthday cake.
I had been at work the night previous and not eaten for two days prior due to this tummy bug and sickness i had.
So about 8.30 I was feeling a bit pecking so said to hubby, " oh I fancy something to eat" to which he replied " what's the matter with you, has your band burst then???"
He made me feel like a right gutsy pig, even though this is the first time in 3 days I've felt like having anything, he are 4 massive plate fulls of food and has been on the beer since we got home, so I get why he's not hungry, I had a child's plate!!
I had to come up to bed because I'm not giving him the satisfaction of seeing me upset, he said he was only joking but a comment like the will stick with me now!
A boy said to me when I was about 15, if I can pinch an inch, you can pinch a yard. They don't realise how cruel these " jokes " can be, especially wen I've gone through pretty drastic measures to stop the cycle!
No need to comment, I just needed to get it off my chest, and who better to understand than you lot xx

Poor you. Insensitive remarks are hurtful sometimes no matter who says them. Give him a good telling off. That'll put the bad feeling on him and not you!!! Don't get sad.... Get even ;-p

I put on weight whenever I go onto liquids, and a mate of mine (who is a GP) said last time it happened "sounds like the whole thing is an expensive failure". I know it's his ignorance, but it hurt. The same bloke can't understand why I need the band and can't "just eat less".
If you've never been fat, never had those taunts or been made to feel such a failure then you just can't understand.
Don't let the comment stay with you - it stems from his lack of understanding, not from you or your actions. Keep doing the right things, keep watching the weight shift and sooner or later all the doubters will have to eat their words x

Back