• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday booked 9 wks post op with friends who don't know!

yes would love to buddy up. do we have to do anything on this site for that?
my op is at luton and dunstable. not exactly round the corner. i live in lowestoft which is the most easterly place you can get in england. i'm getting nervous now as i've got a few tests before op. endescope etc. have two girls 25 and 16. i do pick my moments as younger one is doing exams at the same time as my op. so that will keep her occupied.
by the way my name is angela.

Hi all and thank you all for your comments, it's been really helpful. Looks like I'm going to have to come clean to my holiday companions... gotta say I was hoping to avoid telling one of them in particular as it will be all over town within minutes, she's a hairdresser and everybody's business is her business and shared with the world. I just don't want her to know. Damn I may have to give in and tell her afterall but that will be like putting an advert in the local paper and as I'm a singer in a local band, I really could do without everyone asking me about it. ho hum.

Jo Jo, thanks so much for your advice regarding the kids, my girls are 10 and 13 and I will come clean and tell them but I'm biding my time, thought I'd tell them a few days before the operation rather than now.. so that they won't have time to worry about it. Not sure if that's the right thing or tell them now and let them have 6 weeks to get used to it? They won't like it.

When I lost a lot of weight about 10 yrs ago I had a tummy tuck and they hated that experience of seeing me in hospital and the recovery process was not pleasant for me or them. I'm hoping I will be better for this but I don't know until I get there.

Also the operation is being carried out about an hour's drive from where I live due to the surgeon being unable to do it nearby which is going to mean travelling an hour or so for the surgery and pre-op appointments in a few weeks. Not ideal but I'm prepared to do it for this particular surgeon, even though I'm pretty sure he's more expensive than others for the same procedure.

Pleased to be your Buddy Angela, my name is Fran by the way :)

Jo Jo as I actually live in North Hampshire I won't be able to join your group unfortunately as I'm travelling to Portsmouth for this op. But thanks for thinking of me! It would be good to make some friends who have been through this and are going through it. Its a life changer for sure, I hope I'm ready!!

I should be cutting back already but I'm finding myself eating the same amounts, even eating a bit more chocolate etc as I know it won't last. Had a few pints of beer on holiday last week with a mentality of 'oh well enjoy it while it lasts' not really the way to be is it!??

Living with people 24/7 you are going to be busted within a day.

You could have a shock medical diagnosis just before your trip of fatty liver disease. A friend of mine genuinely had this and had a sudden change in diet.

It's easier to have a condition than to fess up to surgery.

Just do your homework on the condition for the naturally curious and well meaning questions.

Plus you can always just say you are on a diet, but you're gonna be busted with strange eating habits.

Oh have to add that this should be a breeze if you have had a tummy tuck! It's keyhole surgery and recovery is 2 weeks to feel yourself again and I've heard tummy tuck is 6 weeks and far more pain!

Oh have to add that this should be a breeze if you have had a tummy tuck! It's keyhole surgery and recovery is 2 weeks to feel yourself again and I've heard tummy tuck is 6 weeks and far more pain!

Ahh the bloating and swelling for a TT was horrendous it just went on and on and on. By the time I started feeling better I was gaining weight!! How bad is that.. and I have never weighed that since.

My lowest weight was 12st 8lb after losing 10st at Weight Watchers and exercising like a military PT then got my TT after regaining a stone, then slipeed back very gradually tiny steps, dropped a class here or there, stopped counting points as I'd been on that tip for over 3 years it was getting really really boring. So as we all do eventually, I just slipped back into old ways. I really thought that having been through the TT surgery I would hold on to my weight loss but no such luck. I still don't have a tummy apron now am fairly flat, but my weight has squidged on all over the place, particularly hips, bum and upper abs.. not very pleasant but still have a flat tum! lol

I told my daughter very early on. She is 10. I wanted to give her the time to ask any questions and explain what was happening. I even showed her my diet sheets so that she could understand what I would be able to eat. At the end of the day kids will worry, but they will be better for being involvd.

Wow Yvessa, amazing weightloss congratulations! I too really want to tell the girls, I think their old enough now to be part of it all but my husband and my mum are against it as they think it will worry them. I will decide when the time is right though.

Wow Yvessa, amazing weightloss congratulations! I too really want to tell the girls, I think their old enough now to be part of it all but my husband and my mum are against it as they think it will worry them. I will decide when the time is right though.

Ah thanks! One thing I've learnt is that my mum can't tell me what to with my daughter. She had her turn to raise children and if I do it differently its nothing to do with her. As for my partner he was nothing but supportive. It may be worth a chat with yours to discuss the ramifications and the lifestyle changes and the support you need from him. You cannot do this alone whatever op you have.

yes would love to buddy up. do we have to do anything on this site for that?
my op is at luton and dunstable. not exactly round the corner. i live in lowestoft which is the most easterly place you can get in england. i'm getting nervous now as i've got a few tests before op. endescope etc. have two girls 25 and 16. i do pick my moments as younger one is doing exams at the same time as my op. so that will keep her occupied.
by the way my name is angela.

Hiya! I grew up in Gorleston a stones throw from you and now live in east sussex but just wanted to wave xxxx

Back