• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How old was everyone when they started their journey?

natnat92

i was wondering how old everyone was when they started their journeys i am kinda curious. im 23 and some people think that i am a little young to be having such a major operation but i disagree im hopefully going to have it because i cant be skinny without help because of my health and medication would love to know how old everyone was when they started if you dont mind me being too nosey :D :D

i was wondering how old everyone was when they started their journeys i am kinda curious. im 23 and some people think that i am a little young to be having such a major operation but i disagree im hopefully going to have it because i cant be skinny without help because of my health and medication would love to know how old everyone was when they started if you dont mind me being too nosey :D :D

I was also 23 :)

53 band. 61 revision to mini bypass this week.

I was 56 when i started my journey, just leaving for the hospital now to get my bypass tomorrow and i'm 58. Although it took me 2 years i hear the wait is no where near that now. Good luck xxx

thankyou everyone its nice to know that there was people my age and older doing it :D i will be 24 by the time i have surgery as i should finish my tier 3 in march next year i think lol and i will be 24 in january it shall be all fun and games seeing as i have 5 yr old twins and a 2 and a half year old atm but i am looking forward to looking and feeling better so i can set a good example for my children even tho i dont have to because they are skinny like their dad lol :D

I was 23 when I asked for my referral to WL clinic. 24 when I had my op in December last year, so six months post RNY bypass (now 25). Best decision I ever made, may the scales keep dropping. :) Good luck x

61 yrs old when I started the process and will be 62 yrs old at the time of my surgery in August .

43 when I started the process. 50 when I finally got the op last year.

I'm an oldie was 54. But wish I could have done it at your age ;-)

But way back in those days they wired your jaws together and I was alway too vain about my teeth and knew I would end up liquidising Mars bars and sucking them through a straw

But seriously the less invasive procedures were not heard of when I was young

Good luck xx

Thankyou everyone i am looking forward to getting my surgery and tbh i am enjoying the whole process it is hard at times but the rewards outweigh the negatives by far :D xx

I am 55yrs old and hope to get my date for surgery anytime wish I could have had it done 30yrs ago! Didn't do it in my day :0( wasn't really heard of again getting your teeth wired and that was quite rare too!

I was in my 40's when I started wish I done it at your age I guess my life mat well have been very different but I guess this type of surgery was in its infancy and even then only available to the rich and famous when I was in my 20's in the 1990's
better late than never at all

I just had a sleeve 2 weeks ago, I'm 25.
Decided that I had had enough years of losing the battle and wishing I could be something I wasn't (slim!!) so decided to have an op and hopefully start winning instead. Don't want to miss out on getting the most out of life anymore. :)
Just as long as we're all realistic about what WLS does for us and what bits we still have to work at ourselves, I think any age over 18 is fine really.
Good luck with your journey.

I just had a sleeve 2 weeks ago, I'm 25. Decided that I had had enough years of losing the battle and wishing I could be something I wasn't (slim!!) so decided to have an op and hopefully start winning instead. Don't want to miss out on getting the most out of life anymore. :) Just as long as we're all realistic about what WLS does for us and what bits we still have to work at ourselves, I think any age over 18 is fine really. Good luck with your journey.

Couldn't agree more!

Back