• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How old was everyone when they started their journey?

i have been researching lots and lots about it and i know its a tool to help and the hard work is with us to change how we see food how we eat it and our general relationship with food and thankyou im still early on in my journey but i am happy and greatful that i have been given this amazing opportunity to change my life for the better :D xx

I first considered it when I was coming up to 30, took me two years to finally make the booking - two months to go :) I think you're right to get it done now to save yourself from more years of soul destroying yo yo dieting.

I was 50 when I finally decided and as I self funded I had the op shortly afterwards :)

I was 24 but found out I was pregnant 2months before surgery so was put on hold and I'm now 9 days post bypass at 26.

I was 59, wish I had done it years ago. I have always been extremely good at dieting but a complete failure at maintaining. This tool has changed how I think of food, I am now more concerned with fuelling my body than the short term rush of cramming in chocolate and crisps, followed by the disgust at my lack of control.

Lynn x

I was 43 when I had my op in Sept 2014. Like many, I wish so much I'd had the op in my 20's. Would have stopped so much angst and cost. When you think about the amount most of us have spent on slimming clubs, tablets, potions, clothes when you've lost weight, clothes when you've gained weight not to mention the stoopid amount of money wasted on takeaways when you're going through a fat faze! Reckon I could have paid for my sleeve several times over.

33 for the band and 40 for the conversion to Roux-en-y. Wish I'd gone to RNY earlier rather than damaging myself with a band and a decade of health problems.

Hello Nat,

I'm 25 and I'm getting my sleeve in two weeks time :)
Ali x

I was 30... My only regret is I should have done this when I was 18!

Then I would NEVER have wasted my 20's not enjoying and LIVING life. I would have had a healthy body image and self esteem. Not wasting time on men that I KNEW didn't deserve me, I just settled for someone who was there.

I would recommend this surgery to someone 18 or older! It will save your life in many more ways than your health. Your mental development, self-esteem and the way you view the world will change!

I wish you all the luck in the world! xx

Best of luck to you and on your journey .

I was 23 when I thought about it and started researching. 24 when I asked my gp for referral, turned 25 last month and now 5 days post op

61 yrs old when started and will be 62 when I have surgery August 13 .

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I love this thread! Thanks everyone for sharing.

Back