• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How old was everyone when they started their journey?

44 for me... I could have done it years ago but always spent my money on other things... now its time for doing something just for me.

Life changing right there!

I am 57 and hope to be jumping off Baghdad paragliding in Turkey before my 60th birthday in memory of my dad who died in 2014 from cancer. I need to be less than 16 stone and hopefully will have my surgery early in 2016 fingers crossed

Hi

I was 57 when I started my journey, 58 when I had my op.

What everyone's said " I wished I had done it years ago"

All the best on your journey.

I'll be 33 when I have my bypass in September.

Like a few on here, I wish I had done it years ago... X

I'm just starting my journey at 35 ? I've not seen any one 1st appointment next week still nervous and worried

Foxy - relax and think positive. For most of us things have got a lot better very quickly. While the road isn't a smooth one it is an important one and one where you have a huge amount of peer support from people on here. Despite some individuals showing frustration on here the success rate and and peer support is overwhelming on here. Don't be afraid to ask any questions on here, perhaps you can start your own thread. You're only a couple of posts short of 50 and the site should fully unlock at that stage and you can send private messages.

I am 43 - don't forget age is just a number :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Foxy - relax and think positive. For most of us things have got a lot better very quickly. While the road isn't a smooth one it is an important one and one where you have a huge amount of peer support from people on here. Despite some individuals showing frustration on here the success rate and and peer support is overwhelming on here. Don't be afraid to ask any questions on here, perhaps you can start your own thread. You're only a couple of posts short of 50 and the site should fully unlock at that stage and you can send private messages.

Thank you ? not long to go now, how long are you on you journey???

Hi,,,I was56 so glad I've had my band ,,it's changed my life,,,,,I wish IDE done it years ago,,,,,now I'm going for tummy tuck at 59. It's never too late I say !!!!!! YOLO ! You won't regret it ? Good luck

Thank you ? not long to go now, how long are you on you journey???

Not the smoothest journey but things are getting better. Losing about 5kg/month at the moment although the rate isn't steady - it's more plateaus and dips. However I've stopped thinking about daily or weekly changes and look at the longer term, monthly seems a more reasonable measure to avoid frustration but I still weigh myself far too often. As far as side effects go my stomach gets sore, sometimes sore without eating or drinking anything. I need to take two Omeprazole 20/day (sometimes as many as four) to control this. I'll see my GP in a few weeks for my delayed six month check and bloods, I'm also trying to get an appointment for a gastroscopy but I'm not sure I'll manage this in the time I'm in the UK so may need to go without.

Not the smoothest journey but things are getting better. Losing about 5kg/month at the moment although the rate isn't steady - it's more plateaus and dips. However I've stopped thinking about daily or weekly changes and look at the longer term, monthly seems a more reasonable measure to avoid frustration but I still weigh myself far too often. As far as side effects go my stomach gets sore, sometimes sore without eating or drinking anything. I need to take two Omeprazole 20/day (sometimes as many as four) to control this. I'll see my GP in a few weeks for my delayed six month check and bloods, I'm also trying to get an appointment for a gastroscopy but I'm not sure I'll manage this in the time I'm in the UK so may need to go without.

Wow that sounds scary have the benefits out weighed the bad parts so far any regrets ?? Goodness where are you off too??

Wow that sounds scary have the benefits out weighed the bad parts so far any regrets ?? Goodness where are you off too??

Yes. Benefits have outweighed the risks. Totally dependent on oneprazole now. Back on 4/day now.

I'm off to visit my home town Ipswich. I live in Guangdong, China near Hong Kong.

I was 31 at point of referral, and 32 when I had my surgery. Definitely wished I'd approached my GP much earlier though.

Yes. Benefits have outweighed the risks. Totally dependent on oneprazole now. Back on 4/day now. I'm off to visit my home town Ipswich. I live in Guangdong, China near Hong Kong.
Wow that must be amazing and interesting well I hope you enjoy your trip home to Ipswich to see your family ?

Back