• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I knew it had to happen at some point...

I get this a lot from people who knew me when I was fat.

But I have met A LOT of new people over the last year, some of whom I have become really good friends with, and NONE of them have ever said "Kelly I think you need to put some weight on".

It is just about people's perceptions. Your body will tell you when you have lost enough weight.

Having said that, I do think it is hard when you get to your target weight to stop seeing yourself as being on a diet, and the temptation is to continue.

As long as you have a realistic view of yourself, try not to worry. I have a very close friend who I trust with my life, and I said to her that I wanted her to be brutally honest if things did start going too far, and she has promised she will.

I lost 9lb over christmas which was FAR too much for me (illness related) and even I could see that it was a step too far. Every rib was so pronounced I looked ill, and I made a conscious effort when I was better to get back to 9stone 3/4/5is which is my stable place and I had no problem doing that, my body likes being that weight, I have been for there for 8 months now.

One of my friends actually said to me the other day "you are too thin, look at your hands!". Funnily enough, I don't judge how thin I am by my hands. I just thought that was weird.

Good luck.

I've seen a few people say that 'your body will find it's correct weight and balance out' or similar. This isn't always true, if I relied on that I'd be a size 0 and hospitalised, whereas some people have to work very hard to lose the last 3-4 stone. Just don't want to give anyone the wrong idea about relying on your body.

hi there
I am having just the same things said and i am about the same weight but 5 foot 2 in height. I want to get to a healthy BMI and I am still 1lb off getting into the overweight bracket instead of obese. I can tell a big difference in my face though and i think thats why I am getting so many comments.
I have found that these comments have messed with my head this weekend. do i want chocolate? yes. would I normally give in? no. This weekend I have and i am sure it is these comments so tomorrow I am starting again and hoping i can listen to my own advice and be strong
I think you look great so have faith in yourself and reach your dream
Loads of love
JO XX

I get this too.

Amazing isn't it, how when we were all pre surgery, people never turned around and went

'Cor, blimey- your huge, you need to lose weight- your so fat'

Whereas when it comes off people are all too eager to give it

'Cor blimey, your so skinny! You need to eat more, your overdoing it!'

Wish people would engage their brains sometimes, and although the first person who said it to me, made me feel as though i was floating on air- i soon tired of it.Now i just tell people to shhhhhhhhhhh

xxx

Back