• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I love my MGB

squirl

Well I thought I should move myself from pre-op diaries as I had my surgery 4 weeks ago today :D

As a lot of you will already know I had surgery in Belgium and it went absolutely brilliantly. I couldn't have wished for a better team to 're-plumb' my insides.

I had my first meal that wasn't either crispbake or mush last night, very tender slow cooked casserole with loads of veg, and it was lovely - did have jaw ache by the end haha but sooooooo worth it.

I've had no bad reactions to anything I've eaten and it's so nice not to feel hungry, ever!

The only blot on my landscape is my boss and her boss. I've been off work for some time following shoulder surgery and subsequent frozen shoulder and although I've been assessed as fit for work by Occ Health, and I do a clerical job, the bosses won't let me go back to work. I've got a meeting with them again on Thursday so we'll see what happens....:confused::(

Anyway, enough ramblings from me before I bore everyone to tears.

sundown

It's a fantastic feeling isn't it Squirl! I'm constantly amazed by how little 'suffering' there's been with this MGB. I guess I expected to be constantly throwing up, having heartburn, being sore and generally paying for having a lifetime of weight issues, but really after the first few days when the anaesthetic is still in the system, it's been brilliant.

I know at this stage (and as a mid-40s woman) it's common to regret that you didn't do it earlier, but actually I don't regret that as I think I've learnt a lot of lessons and learnt a lot about what not to do. I think I'm in the right frame of mind now to make the most of this rather than be one of those who falls by the wayside because they've learned nothing and expect the surgery to do everything.

Loving the Loop

You are now passed the worst bit Squirl which was sticking to puree, now its just slowly experimenting and finding out what you can tolerate its so much easier.

Like Sundown I am still amazed how straightforward and pain free the whole process has been, after my dose of morphine in recovery I have only had 2 doses of paracetamol, both for headaches. How is that possible with the major work we had to do inside ?

The best bit though is IT WORKS !

squirl

OMG I've actually been offered the job!!!!! Now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons...... Done some sums and it wouldn't cause any immediate money problems but I'm a little concerned that my pension would be badly hit. Also a bit worried that my current boss wouldn't give me a good reference

sundown

OMG I've actually been offered the job!!!!! Now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons...... Done some sums and it wouldn't cause any immediate money problems but I'm a little concerned that my pension would be badly hit. Also a bit worried that my current boss wouldn't give me a good reference

Well your boss can't give you a bad reference; he could simply confirm your dates of employment and your job if he didn't want to say anything nice.

Great news though - sounds like you have lots of thinking to do :)

Loving the Loop

Whatever you do don't rush into anything, its great to have some options though. Well done you.

squirl

Thanks Loop and Niccie, I think I'll spend the evening thinking hard, can't really hand my notice in before the new company's happy with the references though so will still have time to change my mind....

los in it

Well done on your new post op life

squirl

Thanks Anna, you just need to get a new job now

Anna1980

I do louise today was hell,I'm not an aggressive person but I imagined myself hitting her today she's so vile xx

squirl

Oh dear, that's bad hun! This might make you chuckle, some of us call our bosses Bevis and Butthead. I've just got to remember not to use them on Thursday at the meeting haha

sundown

Oh dear, that's bad hun! This might make you chuckle, some of us call our bosses Bevis and Butthead. I've just got to remember not to use them on Thursday at the meeting haha

It's awful when you have managers you hate. I've had a few real knobs in the past - to the point where I walked out of one job and straight into the offices of an employment lawyer. I won £25,000 at a pre-tribunal settlement from that particular set of knobs

lin davey

Congratulations on your new job offer Squirl. Best wishes for the future. Nothing worse than horrible bosses, been there done that, felt so much better the day I left.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Sophina

Congrats Squirl!

Legally they are not allowed to give you a bad reference.

What they do need to provide is your dates of employment and reason for leaving which will be resignation.

xxxx

squirl

Well, I've decided to take the new job. I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted! I've been busy writing down what's happened and will almost certainly take out a grievance against my current employer as the first stage before possibly taking them to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal as I don't feel that they should be allowed to get away with the way they've treated me over the past 3 years. If I don't do anything they might try it on with someone else next and no-one else should have to deal with this cr*p.

Sophina

Well, I've decided to take the new job. I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted! I've been busy writing down what's happened and will almost certainly take out a grievance against my current employer as the first stage before possibly taking them to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal as I don't feel that they should be allowed to get away with the way they've treated me over the past 3 years. If I don't do anything they might try it on with someone else next and no-one else should have to deal with this cr*p.

Totally agree with you Squirl and well done on making that change xxx

squirl

I just want to say thank you to every single one of you lovely people on here who have given me support and much needed advice about my work trials and tribulations as well as the wls

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: