• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I love my MGB

squirl

I've just worked it out and I'm getting 450-500 calories per day and getting rid of about 300 in exercise, somehow need to increase what's going in without having too many carbs or fat, this is going to be interesting..... but I will work it out. I wonder how many eggs I can eat without my cholesterol going through the roof.

The theory is fine but putting it into practice is proving a lot more difficult :sigh:

sundown

I've just worked it out and I'm getting 450-500 calories per day and getting rid of about 300 in exercise, somehow need to increase what's going in without having too many carbs or fat, this is going to be interesting..... but I will work it out. I wonder how many eggs I can eat without my cholesterol going through the roof.

The theory is fine but putting it into practice is proving a lot more difficult :sigh:

You'll be fine on the eggs, it's now known that dietary cholesterol doesn't cause cholesterol in the blood. In fact they think only around 15-20% of cholesterol in the blood comes from our food. This new information prompted the US government to do a massive U-turn early this year to shift their 'dietary concern' from saturated fats to sugars.

squirl

Now that is good news Sundown, scrambled egg for brekkie tomorrow methinks :)

squirl

Well, I was just getting my mood sorted out and have now found out that my brother in law has cancer which has spread to his bones!!!!! He's only a few years older than me, and younger than my hubby, who seems to have taken the news quite well but it appears there has been a lot of cancer in his family so I've told him that he must make a doctor's appointment on Monday just to get checked out.

This has really knocked me for six, heaven knows what it's done to hubby (and especially his brother who apparantly collapsed before he was due to see the oncologist).

Sorry for another miserable post, just needed to get it down, it does help :(

sundown

Oh Squirl - so sorry to hear that! You're right to get your hubby to have a check up if he's high risk.

Is your brother in law going to have some treatment?

squirl

Thanks Sundown, yes he is going to the oncologist soon and I guess we'll hear about treatment after that. From the research I've done this evening they can't cure it once it's in the bones but they will hopefully be able to stabilise it. I think hubby will do quite a lot of driving him to appointments as brother in law doesn't drive and I think he'll have to go from his home to Brighton for treatment which would be a train and bus ride away otherwise.

squirl

Thank you Niccie

Loving the Loop

So sorry to hear that Squirl, sending good thoughts to you all. Keep an close eye on your hubby, it'll be hitting him harder than he is probably admitting even to himself.

squirl

Thank you Loop, I will

squirl

Thanks Pooh

squirl

TMI alert!!

I feel like I've given birth this morning! BM have been nothing if not challenging, managing twice a week if I'm lucky!! But on a brighter note, the baby this morning was 2lb which gives me a 2lb loss this week :bliss:hopefully this is the start of proper weight loss now, especially if I remember to take a regular dose of laxatives..... :D

pooh71

Lol! I went through that! I now take one sachet of Laxido every day prescribed by the doc as I have sluggish bowels otherwise which then causes pain!!! Great loss as a result though! :) X

Anna1980

Hi louise sp sorry to hear about your brother in-law, fingers crossed hubby is ok xx
Well done on the birth though lol xx

squirl

Thanks Anna. He's doing ok at the moment, we're just waiting for more news, don't like the waiting game....

Anna1980

No its vile, I watched my dad suffer he had metathelioma an asbestos related cancer was so tough two years ago I wouldn't wish it on anyone xx

squirl

That's horrible Anna, I'm so sorry. 2 years is no time at all