• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need some help at the moment please!

sugga

Hi all, its day 2 of my milk diet and today i am feeling really awful, dizzy, sick, no energy and have been in bed all day.

I rang the nurse and she said this is normal as my body has gone into shock. im not allowed crusher milk shake or hot chocolate or anything else.

I am really interested to know who else had these symtoms and how long did they last.

Please anyone who followed the milk and yogurt diet only can you tell me your experience and any tips will be appreciated.

Im worried in case its something else thats making me feel like this....please help. Thank you. xxx

I agree that this is pretty normal....I felt really rotten the first and second day! I started to improve from the third day on. I think the best thing to do is drink as much as you can, water or NAS Juice aswell as your milk......I hope you start to feel better soon hun XX

I didnt go to bed but was pretty rough, I never go to bed though even if Im really ill. I remember lying on the settee thinking I had some horrible bug though! XX

im gonna struggle!! i HATE milk x

Hi Sugga

The first 3 days are the worst, I was working but had headache, upset tummy, I was irritable, I didn't go to bed as I was still at work but was in bed very early in the evening.

PS
I should have gone in today but no bed they have told me to go in at 7am in the morning, so fingers crossed for tomorrow

Sue

Good Luck for tomorrow Sue, Ill keep everything crossed for you and Andrea its really horrible but so worth it hun.....you will start to feel better soon just make sure to keep getting all the fluids down you and the milk (HUG) XX

Hi Sugga,

i can remember about day 3 was a bit offish. Feeling giddy and weak, I just rested and didnt worry too much as I knew it was all for a reason.

hang in there hun you will be coming out the other end soon. xxxx

Just hang in there and focus on what you are going to look like when it is all over. I kept looking through the Next directory to keep me going.I planned what I would wear when I was a 14 and that kept me on track. I felt quite unwell for about four days but i knew it just had to be done.
Keep up the good work
Love Jo XX

Andrea, it's going to get better and just keep strong and hanging onto us Angel. It's a shock to the body and it will ease. Keep drinking as much water as you can and resting...
There are also such a lot of bugs going around, you never really know at the moment.

I'm not even thinking of anything negative for you only that the procedure will take place without delay this time and try to go onto 'Auto Pilot' now.

Is there anything I can do practically for you? I'm sure you have a huge amount to organise before you go?

If you want me to ring you anytime, just say and I'll be there.

Love and hugs Angel, with your every step xxx

Hi Sugga. I was quite poorly I think, lots of headaches - not so bad as you though pet. Keep drinking plenty of fluids. This will pass pet. You will get there and you will be telling others how worth it it was in a few weeks time!
Hugs and love
Grace xxx

Not much use to you now, but to anyone else doing it in the future most of the ickiness is carb withdrawal, so spend a few weeks before the diet gradually cutting your carbs down to make it easier on yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Headaches are a common withdrawal cause too... and this surgery is really going to be the making of you in a few days time Andrea... your future wellbeing depends upon it... it'll soon come and go... relax and rest as much as you are able Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Awww you are a fantastic lot...thank you.

Just drinking a pint of water now. Got 1 milky coffee left and some muller.

I feel as if im withdrawing from something...i felt like this when i came of coffee and started drinking decafe without weening myself of it. The doc said i was experiencing cold turkey..gosh it was awful for over 10 days.
Think thats why i am worrying now cos 10 days of this would be awful.

Luckily im able to rest as i have no younger babes to care for and its just me and my son at home till friday.

Ill be ok and thank you all xxx

Sugga mine certainly didn't last 10 days and I don't think most peoples' does.

But it's interesting what Shelbel says because I actually did a high protein, low carb diet for about a month pre-op to lose my target weight (again :eek:)

so maybe I'd already done my carb withdrawal.

But hang on in there pet. You'll get there.
Hugs, Grace xxx

Thanks Grace, i still feel sick but not as light headed and my headache is still there. Pain in my tummy is easing a little.

I so hope i am feeling a bit better in the morning as my friend is taking me to get my last bits...nighties ect and she will drive so i really want to go....but ill have to see.

Bet you cant wait to go home tomorrow Grace and im so glad of the outcome of your scan. xxx

hang in there, i used to think, how would i feel if when i woke up the surgen had said 'sorry mrs bates but we were unable to do the surgery as you liver was not small enough'
keep going, if beeing slim was easy we would not be on here with all these fab friends xx

Morning all and thank you so much.

Im feeling a little better today. My fuzzy head has gone and im not feeling dizzy.
I still have little energy and my tummy feels really tender but i can cope with that and hopefully tomorrow i will feel even better..thank goodness.

My friend is going to pick me up this morning so i can get my last bits, i might as well go today and get it over with while its her day off and wont have to drive my car.

I dont know how i feel at the moment as regard to my wls which all being well should take place 1 week tomorrow. Im just concentrating on getting through each day on this diet and feeling better so im not really focusing on the surgery.
One step at a time thats the way it has to be for me.

Everything has had to wait...the house work, cleaning ect and because im at bit of a cleanaholic i cant wait to get stuck in but maybe ill feel up to that at the weekend.

Well ladies and gents for that matter im off now to have a shower, ill take it easy but so glad im so much better today.

Thank you all for you support and texts your always there when i need you. xxxx

Back