• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In a really dark place

Tazrakie

I had my op 12 December 2018 and weighed 25 some on the day of the op and everything was going so well untill September.
At the start of September I weighed 14.10 stone and was feeling good physically and mentally then my partner said I wasn't eating enough and was starving myself so I started eating the same meals as her and the children but just smaller amounts.
Since then I have put on weight and I'm now 18 stone and struggling mentally.
I'm over eating and always hunger I lack motivation and being very depressed and causing a strain on our relationship as my partner keeps trying to help but I don't seem to take her advice.
I listen to all the advice I'm given but the food has control over me and I hate letting her and myself down.
I want to go on the milk diet again to reset my appetite and start again and also get some professional help for the addiction but wanted to here what other people have done in this situation and what advice you think would help.
Thank you for your time and any help with my situation

Bling Babe

I had my op 12 December 2018 and weighed 25 some on the day of the op and everything was going so well untill September.
At the start of September I weighed 14.10 stone and was feeling good physically and mentally then my partner said I wasn't eating enough and was starving myself so I started eating the same meals as her and the children but just smaller amounts.
Since then I have put on weight and I'm now 18 stone and struggling mentally.
I'm over eating and always hunger I lack motivation and being very depressed and causing a strain on our relationship as my partner keeps trying to help but I don't seem to take her advice.
I listen to all the advice I'm given but the food has control over me and I hate letting her and myself down.
I want to go on the milk diet again to reset my appetite and start again and also get some professional help for the addiction but wanted to here what other people have done in this situation and what advice you think would help.
Thank you for your time and any help with my situation
hiya, can I ask why you think you’ve put weight on, are the meals your eating now unhealthy, I only wonder because you said your eating smaller amounts than the rest of the family.
wls is a far from an easy option, and it can be very mentally challenging, are you able to access any support from your team or your GP.
please don’t feel you are letting your family or yourself down, you’ve done amazingly with Your weight loss, consider this to be a little bump in the road.
I have tried the milk diet once since my surgery, the weight loss was nowhere near as drastic as pre-op but that’s only to be expected because I weighed a lot less when I re-tried it but it’s good to retrain your pouch and it helped me mentally too.
good luck

vicky jenkins

Hi
I'm in a similar situation, but I keep reminding myself that they operated on my tummy not my brain, therefore I still want the foods I had before, and the temptation is always there and my willpower isn't.
Talk honestly with your partner, tell her how you are struggling and maybe together you can support each other while you struggle to get back on plan. You have done amazingly well and should be pleased with your progress x

Lalapo

Hi @Tazrakie
Firstly well done you on losing so much weight. What operation did you have Dec 2018?
I had the sleeve Nov 2019. I have been informed that after 18 months you may put on a little weight that you lost BUT it can be avoided with the dreaded willpower.
so I am wondering if your body is going through that stage.
since lockdown I have stalled so I’m starting the LRD tomorrow for 2 weeks to reset my brain and pouch; I wonder if that will help you too?

talk to your partner, all is not lost 😊 still slimmer than you were. you can get back to it x