• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

Back from having my stitches out, all clean and healing nicely. Very happy but I think I walked a little too fast out to the GPs, felt a little secondhand walking home again and now feeling a bit washed out! Note to self - don't rush!!!

hi Hun, I have 5 wounds, all less than an inch across. How are you doing today?

Glad you're ok hun, I must admit I haven't been hungry since my surgery. Haven't had any shakes but bought in some Baxters soup as I believe they're good for protein but have struggled eating them, have enjoyed some Heinz cup soups though.

Have had a bit of a meh day really today, no energy at all, I suspect I haven't been getting enough inside me. Doesn't help when you have to phone DWP twice to be told they'd ring back within an hour - of course they didn't so I'll have to ring them again on Monday.

Still, it's the weekend so all's good really and I'm sure my mood will pass...

Ha ha DWP are a nightmare I work in payroll and dread having to call them I feel your pain.
Maybe a protein shakes will boost your energy xx

I found some high protein soups in asda called Souper, in a cardboard carton, £1.49 each, would easily blitz
On the liquid phase I could have yoghurts too and fage are doing high protein with strawbeerry, peach or blueberry, skyr also do them and the greek n honey one is gorgeous, I use to boost protein intake as snacks

I think Skyr yoghurts have good protein levels in. I have ordered sample sizes in different flavours of my protein whey isolate that I will mix with Armond milk. I think protein on the liquid state is very difficult to achieve!

Ha ha DWP are a nightmare I work in payroll and dread having to call them I feel your pain.
Maybe a protein shakes will boost your energy xx
Thanks hun, would you believe I work in payroll too, quite a coincidence:)

Just finished a protein shake, will have to get some more in town tomorrow.

thanks for the info on yoghurts, I'll scan the shelves for those tomorrow as well as a new supply of protein shakes

A lol of people mentioned the tescos shakes think they are on offer too.
Lol I understand now when you say your work is stressful then xx

I used the tesco shakes as I loved them.

I get your payroll pain. I work in an outsourced finance team as a management account and our payroll dept are so stressed bless them x it's normally a toss us between us and them that break first each month x

I know how you feel, I work for the NHS and, although the job is great, a lot of the people leave something to be desired.....Still thinking seriously about either quitting and trying to get a little checkout job somewhere or maybe trying to go part time, over the last few months that I've been off sick with my gammy shoulder I've finally realised there's so much more to life than work

Yeah same here I lost my dad two years ago and he was only 61 makes you think and I can imagine him going mad at me with what I put up with there its vile xx

I'm so sorry hun, I lost mine 2 years ago last June, he was a lot older than your dad but mine would have been the same. Not sure you ever quite get over losing your dad....xxx

No I'm not sure you do, it's weird I still do things and think he will be either proud or Oh god he will have a fit, I'm not sure he would agree with the band lol xx

I lost mine aged 16, my brother was 11, dad was 46, and that made me think, every day has to count. and all these years (he died 1983) I still miss him and think of all the things we could have done as adults and stuff, so have a;ways had that mindset. I actually love my job, I manage a probation hostel for high risk offenders, they have to live there after their release from prison, I get murderers, sex offenders, firearms, serious domestic abuse, all manner of awful crimes but certainly meet some characters, and every day is different. I', lucky as my team are brilliant, we laugh a lot and are a tight knit team.
I think you spend a lot of time at work so need to enjoy, but I do work to live, not live to work.
squirl - if you're fed up, make a change, look at the results from making the weight loss change
I'm a leap into the unknown and hope it pays off sometimes but it usually does as think subconsciously we think about stuff before taking the leap if not more consciously
Good luck Squirl if you do

Just got back from Occ Health and have been told back to work after 2 weeks more, on reduced hours and lots of restrictions on what I can and can't do, should be interesting to say the least......

Back