• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

True, don't think I'll see too much of Brussels though but if the weather's nice will probably go for a little walk down by the canal that's very close to the hospital/hotel

Another day done and dusted! I've basically been told I've got to be back at work in 3 months or I'll be out of a job. Hopefully that won't be a problem as my shoulder is getting better quite fast now and as long as I take it easy it won't take too long to get back after the wls.

After the meeting at work this morning the nerves started to appear for next week. I think it was doing the online shopping for delivery when we get back. I mostly managed to get rid of them but have a funny feeling they'll be back!!

For the first time today I could barely face my yoghurt, good job I found a couple of new flavours to try..... Only another 4 days of them then the start of my new life getting slim and staying there.

How're you doing Anna and Sophina???? It's getting closer!!

Hi squirl
Similar to me
I had a tendon repair (subacromial decompression - bone shaved n rotator cuff re attached) to L shoulder in March and MGB sept
Have had 2 weeks n 3 days off and been ok going back

Hope work ok with you x

Hi hun Oh god it really is getting close,I had a moment earlier I stupidly watched a YouTube video of the op I'd advise not to, I had to go to Dolan Park today to get my bloods done so that I can be a day case Monday was very strange I tried to ask myself today what are my fears and if I'm honest I'm more scared of being slim I know that sounds crazy but it's a feeling I don't know how to feel as iv always been overweight.
On a plus I went and got the paint for my kitchen to keep me busy over the weekend x

Oh Anna, I did the same thing a few weeks ago. What a daft thing to do!!

I know what you mean about not knowing how to feel slim. I guess it's something we'll both find out soon.

I've got the weekend to myself, hubby is off playing trains and son will be asleep having worked nights so I reckon I'll be watching lots of football and generally trying to chill out

What colour are you painting the kitchen??

Hi Wendy

work could have been worse about it all. You had the same op as me on the shoulder, just wish it hadn't turned into a frozen shoulder afterwards... Didn't get a 'good luck' or anything else from them but didn't really expect it to be honest. Still thinking seriously about taking early retirement and trying to get a part time job elsewhere

I'm so glad you can understand how I feel about the slim feeling as mom looked at like I was mad when I said it her I guess you have to be overweight to understand.
I'm painting it olive green and cream I like natural colours xx

Hi
Nasty op isn't it? Recovery from that was way worse than from MGB
Your workplace doesn't sound great the rotten beggars
Early retirement and new job might be worth it
I had 4 weeks off after shoulder and they been great over this, offering work from home in afternoons
I used holidays for op as didn't want more sick
Why can't employers all be nice when staff work so hard for them
X

Sounds lovely Anna and it'll take your mind off next week :)

Hi
Nasty op isn't it? Recovery from that was way worse than from MGB
Your workplace doesn't sound great the rotten beggars
Early retirement and new job might be worth it
I had 4 weeks off after shoulder and they been great over this, offering work from home in afternoons
I used holidays for op as didn't want more sick
Why can't employers all be nice when staff work so hard for them
X

Would you believe I work for the nhs!

I had 6 weeks off for the shoulder, went back for 2 days and then it started to freeze and haven't been back since so the wls will effectively be the same period of sickness. It's good to hear that the recovery will be easier this time though :)

Would you believe I work for the nhs! I had 6 weeks off for the shoulder, went back for 2 days and then it started to freeze and haven't been back since so the wls will effectively be the same period of sickness. It's good to hear that the recovery will be easier this time though :)

Absolutely definitely shoulder was awful recovery
My husband is a nurse on dementia unit
You would easy get part time work with the shortage of nurses I'd imagine
X

That's the plan :)
Have you packed your bag yet? X

Haven't packed yet, that's a job for Sunday when all the washing's done. How about you?

No not yet the hospital have called me today said all is ok with my bloods and to remember to take 100% cotton knickers lol x

Excellent Anna, all systems go!

It is hun tried to have a day without thinking about it today, it's done me good as was really stressed yesterday can't believe I have two full days left xx

Got really nervous yesterday, no idea why! However today's been a really good day, no nerves, no hunger and no headache! One lovely day watching and listening to footy and totally chilled (and time to myself)

Just need the migrants to stop disrupting the channel tunnel for Monday...

Glad your feeling better today, lol don't get bringing and of the ******* back with you,
Are you all set to go now?
What time should you get there? Xx

Thanks Anna, we're due in Brussels at 14:05 their time, I think we're an hour earlier here so in 48 hours we'll be well settled in the hotel and waiting for the visit to give us the final details for Tuesday (got to be at the hospital at 07:00)

Haven't got the case down from the loft yet, must do that this evening so I can get my packing done tomorrow....

I can't believe how quickly time's going

Back