• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've been banded :)

Post op 27 and I went out for a work dinner....I was petrified, today is my last mushy day. I survived!

I ordered Moussaka which came with rice and salad. I ate about 2/3 the Mousakka and left the rest. It as lovely, I chewed well and felt good. I did feel a reaction telling me to stop and I did. It was a slight sicky feeling and so I listened! It is the first time I have eaten until I have had a clear stop, so I didnt want to push it! The I had a naughty desert of cheesecake, which I managed most of it, leaving the base.

I am thrilled! I know that daily I am able to easily manage on up to 1200 cals a day and feel full. I just survived the restaurant which I had been dreading.

I am due for a fill on the 12th of August and I have 2ml in my 10ml band at the moment. I am tempted to ask for just 1ml.

I dont want a tight band, just a little more restriction for portion size.

Another positive experience! Yay!

Post op week 5, I am loving solid food, I had a phone appointment with the nutritionist who was happy with everything.

I have found solid food controls portion size more than mushies, as expected. I have maintained weight for the past few days so I need to focus on stuff again...not logged in to Myfitnesspal for about 5 days and that could be the reason. It is sooo helpful for tracking everything.

I have noticed I am getting hungry quicker than I had been, nutritionist/dietician said that it is because I am due for my fill. I have it on the 13th of August.

I am really happy with everything and also my scars are fab, little pink lines that is it.

I hope everyone else is doing well, I am looking for Mia at the mo, havent seen any posts recently. Off to look for Janey, Nina, Mia and Steve.

Post op week 5, I am loving solid food, I had a phone appointment with the nutritionist who was happy with everything.

I have found solid food controls portion size more than mushies, as expected. I have maintained weight for the past few days so I need to focus on stuff again...not logged in to Myfitnesspal for about 5 days and that could be the reason. It is sooo helpful for tracking everything.

I have noticed I am getting hungry quicker than I had been, nutritionist/dietician said that it is because I am due for my fill. I have it on the 13th of August.

I am really happy with everything and also my scars are fab, little pink lines that is it.

I hope everyone else is doing well, I am looking for Mia at the mo, havent seen any posts recently. Off to look for Janey, Nina, Mia and Steve.

Hi Summerband ...glad you are doing well, I am same hungry most days. I am eating just about anything now, I am very pleased I ave had it done I feel so much better in myself already......some days are better then others, I have lost 27lb to date (since start of Pre op).

I am having my fill on Monday 5th so hopefully I will not be so hungry.... Some days I don't feel the band then the days I have done too much, I know about it......

Aw so glad ur doing ok. Good luck with your fill....had my first one Sunday 3.5, second one being done next Sunday (didn't realise only need 2 week gap) first fill hasn't made that much difference to me, but apparently that's normal. Keep up the good work chic x x

Hello lovely people.I have been super busy and hence not on here for weeks. But things are going really well with the band. I had a fill on the 12th of August. 1.75ml withdrawn and 3ml added takin gme to 4.75 in a 10ml band. There was some difference for about 3 days and then I was back to being able to eat bigger portions than I would ideally like. So have been calorie counting on My fitness pal.I had another fill on 30th of August 2ml added taking me to 6.75ml. Which I though was quite a lot! Trust me it has done the trick!!! Really feeling it this time. I find the band tight in the morning. It takes me a while to get a glass of water down as I seem to get trapped wind. Once the morning water is down I am good. I did mushies today and that was ok, slowly slowly! I am chewing really well and eating much smaller amounts. I am really happy to feel a difference.Weight wise it has been really slow. I will have to update my stats. But I started on 16 stone 6 pounds and I am now 14 stone 11 pounds. I have gone from 22 to an 18 which is really fab and I am shopping in my own wardrobe in the "too small" section which now fit!! I am starting to be able to think that I will be getting into the smaller sizes...I can imagine the possibility of a size 16! And I am daring to dream of smaller than that!I have also discovered Slim in 6. Which I love. It is a fitness DVD and you complete it in cycles of 6 weeks....really easy and I would recommend it....it is available on Amazon. Also I have started sharing my friends horse. Which is fab, I am able to ride again as he is a very big horse and my very big bum is a bit smaller. So it is all good.Food wise, I still have my demons. I still think of chocolate when I have a good or bad day, but I have not binged, which is good. I have also cut bread out of my diet altogether, I used to crave it and it was a bad trigger food for me, one slice would turn into 4! But I had a slice the other day, the very first slice I have had since pre-op. I was completely non plussed by it. Didnt even finish it! I got bored! Also I stopped drinking diet coke at pre-op due to fizz, and I had previously been addicted. It is great not to be spending about £5 a day on my diet coke habit! And I feel really good without it. I have only had one headache since banding and I used to live with virtually permenant headaches....prob linked to the aspartame.I hope the other banders are doing well. Janey I clearly missed our challenge...I am nowhere near the 13's I wanted to be in. But never mind hopefully my new fill will help!

Hello lovely people.I have been super busy and hence not on here for weeks. But things are going really well with the band. I had a fill on the 12th of August. 1.75ml withdrawn and 3ml added takin gme to 4.75 in a 10ml band. There was some difference for about 3 days and then I was back to being able to eat bigger portions than I would ideally like. So have been calorie counting on My fitness pal.I had another fill on 30th of August 2ml added taking me to 6.75ml. Which I though was quite a lot! Trust me it has done the trick!!! Really feeling it this time. I find the band tight in the morning. It takes me a while to get a glass of water down as I seem to get trapped wind. Once the morning water is down I am good. I did mushies today and that was ok, slowly slowly! I am chewing really well and eating much smaller amounts. I am really happy to feel a difference.Weight wise it has been really slow. I will have to update my stats. But I started on 16 stone 6 pounds and I am now 14 stone 11 pounds. I have gone from 22 to an 18 which is really fab and I am shopping in my own wardrobe in the "too small" section which now fit!! I am starting to be able to think that I will be getting into the smaller sizes...I can imagine the possibility of a size 16! And I am daring to dream of smaller than that!I have also discovered Slim in 6. Which I love. It is a fitness DVD and you complete it in cycles of 6 weeks....really easy and I would recommend it....it is available on Amazon. Also I have started sharing my friends horse. Which is fab, I am able to ride again as he is a very big horse and my very big bum is a bit smaller. So it is all good.Food wise, I still have my demons. I still think of chocolate when I have a good or bad day, but I have not binged, which is good. I have also cut bread out of my diet altogether, I used to crave it and it was a bad trigger food for me, one slice would turn into 4! But I had a slice the other day, the very first slice I have had since pre-op. I was completely non plussed by it. Didnt even finish it! I got bored! Also I stopped drinking diet coke at pre-op due to fizz, and I had previously been addicted. It is great not to be spending about £5 a day on my diet coke habit! And I feel really good without it. I have only had one headache since banding and I used to live with virtually permenant headaches....prob linked to the aspartame.I hope the other banders are doing well. Janey I clearly missed our challenge...I am nowhere near the 13's I wanted to be in. But never mind hopefully my new fill will help!

I am pleased for you, you seem so positive. I am having my second fill tomorrow. I have just been away for 2 weeks and its the first time in my life I have been away and not put any weight on. I keep having to remind myself of that as my weight loss hasn't changed at all this last month. I think I need to up my exercise and get myself in a more positive frame of mind. Good luck..........where do you have your fills?

Hello stranger! Was wondering where u had got to, am so glad everything is going so well for you. Can't believe how much you have in your band already! I'm at 5 atm and don't feel like I need anymore in....yet! As for our challenge I said I would be in 15's and I'm currently exactly 16, still have 2 weeks until my fancy dress party so hopefully I will get there (although in all fairness I have more to lose than u so will prob lose quicker). U should save up ur coke money (that sounds Sooo wrong! Maybe should say cola!) And use it to treat yourself to new clothes! Keep up the good work hun :)

Fantastic update, you are doing so well!! I was a total diet coke nut too, in fact, workinig it out giving it up has paid for my band - total madness!! i do not miss it one dot anymore!

x

I am pleased for you, you seem so positive. I am having my second fill tomorrow. I have just been away for 2 weeks and its the first time in my life I have been away and not put any weight on. I keep having to remind myself of that as my weight loss hasn't changed at all this last month. I think I need to up my exercise and get myself in a more positive frame of mind. Good luck..........where do you have your fills?

Hi Mia, Not putting weight on over a 2 week holiday is a real achievement....a bit more in your band an I am sure it will come off. But the excercise I have found really helped kick start me again. I have been having my fills in London. But prefer Cambridge, it is easier to get to for me. Where do you have fills?

Fantastic update, you are doing so well!! I was a total diet coke nut too, in fact, workinig it out giving it up has paid for my band - total madness!! i do not miss it one dot anymore!

x

Well done for giving up the Coke...it will pay for my band in 1000 days (just under 3 years!)

Hello stranger! Was wondering where u had got to, am so glad everything is going so well for you. Can't believe how much you have in your band already! I'm at 5 atm and don't feel like I need anymore in....yet! As for our challenge I said I would be in 15's and I'm currently exactly 16, still have 2 weeks until my fancy dress party so hopefully I will get there (although in all fairness I have more to lose than u so will prob lose quicker). U should save up ur coke money (that sounds Sooo wrong! Maybe should say cola!) And use it to treat yourself to new clothes! Keep up the good work hun :)

Well done for meeting your target! You will have in 2 weeks thats for sure.

I like the idea of saving my "Coke money" which yes, does sound sooo wrong! But I will definitely treat myself when I get to as size 16....I still have plenty of 18's in my old wardrobe.

Hi Mia, Not putting weight on over a 2 week holiday is a real achievement....a bit more in your band an I am sure it will come off. But the excercise I have found really helped kick start me again. I have been having my fills in London. But prefer Cambridge, it is easier to get to for me. Where do you have fills?

I had my second fill today, they put 2 ml in taking me to 6 now in a 10ml band..........I can really feel the difference now I have only managed half a tin of soup. I have mine done at Newcastle it's an hour and half away from where I live but it's a nice drive and hubby gets the afternoon off so he likes it........good luck for the next milestone xx

Hello peeps, on the iPhone so hope it works ok !! I am really happy. I am now down to 14st 7lbs from 16st 6lbs at my pre-op appointment. I have great restriction but am not having crazy pb-ing.

I had my first pb about a week ago, I was late for work, and rushed my breakfast and ended up getting a raspberry stuck! It was quite painful and I had to run to the loo, I leaned forward and it appeared in the loo. I had another near miss a few days ago after half of a sweet and sour ready meal . I thought it was going to happen again but it didn't it eased eventually.

I am due for a fill on Sunday but I am cancelling it. I feel just right I am eating about half a lunch plate for a meal and don't get hungry for about 4 hours. I can still eat a meal out if I choose a slider like lasagne and a can eat socially too which is nice.

I had a bad day yesterday and attempted a binge. I was outta control and my food demons reappeared for the first time since I was banded. It was about to be a box of thorntons chocolates and I got through about 5 before I felt so sick and terrible that I had to stop. In the past I would binge daily and sometimes several times a day but that had stopped or so I thought :-/ so watching that. I felt ill after the 5 chocolates and don't think it will happen again.

I had my last fill about 3 weeks ago and the hunger has disappeared unless I have not eaten for a good 5 hours

Really happy with my band it is doing its job!!

Yeah :) am so happy for you summerband, well done u. I'm getting there but very slowly....still fighting off my foody demons, but I will win! Lol, keep up the good work chic :)

That's fantastic news, very well done! Your diary is so inspiring.

I hope I have a similar experience to you, it's what I'm hoping for.

1 week Banded!

So I have survived my first week with a band and things are good with the band.

I am recovering much slower than I expected, mid week I though I would be fine for work on Monday, but now I know I am not. My port site is particularly sore and I still have horrid shoulder pain. I feel a bit weak and pathetic too, despite being really happy with the actual band.

I have googled the shoulder pain and now understand why I have it. Google phrenic nerve. I am just hoping that is not too long before it feels much better as it is no fun.

Highlight of my day yesterday was Horlicks! The light version of course. But I havent had it in years and it was lovely and soothing hitting the spot. It is 116cals per cup and 4.5g protein. So ok as long as you use it as a snack type thing and pretty good protein.

I also made some soup yesterday. I bought some boneless skinless chicken thighs, oxo cubes and some carrots and leaks. Slow cooker and hand held blender made it into 8 servings of really tasty chicken and veg soup. Much nicer than the shop stuff and worked out at about 50p per serving and 5g of protein. I wish I had realised that breast has more protein in it before I made it.!

I am really bloated today and hope that this gets better asap. The wind I get when I drink is much much better though.
have to say I am really liking your write ups! its giving a good insider account and is helping me to understand how I might feel when ever I get my band done ,thank you !

Hello peeps I just wanted to say hello particularly to those who find my entries helpful! I can honestly say if you are thinking of having a band do it! It has saved my life.

I have now officially lost 2 stone and 2 dress sizes in 3months, which is fab and more fab than usual as I know it will not come back on.

If I could speak to my unbanded self almost 3 months ago when I was suffering the pre-op milk diet and then the post op pain and wind I would say "hunny it is worth it! Hang on in there!"

I am healthier, happier, more energetic and am the smallest I have been in 5years :)

BUT it is not easy! There is no magic involved. It involved patience, listening to your body and consuming less calories!

I have managed this by using my fitness pal. I log all my calories and any exercise I do. I stick to around 1200 a day and this is my best amount for loosing weight consistently. I can now eat anything as long as I chew properly. I eat loads if protein and veg and berries and bananas. I am in love with muller light Greek yogs.

If I didn't count calories I believe I would put on weight. If I ate loads of refined carbs like cake chocolate, crisps and biscuits I would put on weight.

But I can't binge anymore as it makes me sick. I hate refined carbs they make me sad and lazy. I can't drink coke so I don't get headaches anymore.

I am trusting myself now. I know I will be slim soon. I believe in myself. My size 18's are loose!

Believe in yourself, believe in the band.

Back