• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

I was going to suggest contacting the bariatric team as well. When you say 'stickies' what do you mean?

Would any of your concerned family come to follow-up appointments with you? It sounds like you need some knowledgable support rather than more criticism.

I hope you're having decaf coffee at the moment because you aren't meant to be having caffeine this soon out. Get on to your team and get this sorted. I had the same problems and ended up in the hospital and really wouldn't wish that on anybody. Take care.x
No caffeine and my hubby comes to every appointment with me. Just need to get sorted but I don't feel like eating either like this morning I'm going to try a cold glass of milk xx

Well done @Louisex21 that is a big step! Don't focus on weight loss now, that will take care of itself, you need to concentrate on being healthy - start ensuring you are getting nutrition and those vitamins/calcium are important. Stay strong and focus on why you are doing it. If you suffer setbacks, don't let it get to you - focus on how far you have come and move forward. Take it meal by meal and day by day - just plan your day for meals and drinks. It will help. Good luck!
Thanks Hannah I had this op to be healthy and to help weight loss not to lose it all and end up unhealthy with a eating disorder. I'm trying a glass of cold milk this morning going to try my calcium tablets again I will get over this fear it will just take time and when it gets stuck it's a massive set back for me but I'm learning thanks Hannah it helps to talk about it without being judged it's why I love this forum xx

@Julia56 stickie is where food gets stuck in the oesophagus but it's so painful for me so I either panic and drink which I shouldn't or I throw up x

Sip tiny tiny sip one at a time x

I hope the bariatric team are able to help, you know a diet of coffee isn't right so I hope you get back on track. Xxx
I know it's not right and that's why I'm finally breaking down my break wall I've built over the years to get help it's history repeating its self were I was addicted to Pepsi but now my addiction it coffee no sugar. Still caffeine addiction though but I had the op to break habits not to start same habits but with different drinks xx update though done very well no coffee today though had a glass of milk and my vitamins so I'm slowly getting there now to go doctors soon xx

Oh absolutely sip sip sip, not full mouthfuls, sorry didn't realise you were so soon out - anything you have must be able to go up a straw, nothing thicker! Soups with marvel or cheese added, sieved to remove lumps, we were told we could have runny NAS custard - sainsburys do sachets of instant NAS also aunt Bessie's do one but make sure it is the NAS one!

If cold milk doesn't go well then try it warmed slightly, sometimes cold things don't go well. Also try thinned down yogurt - total Greek is good as high in protein but you need to thin it with milk.

Readybrek we could do but very runny - again it should be able to almost go up a straw.

Don't try purée or soft foods yet - at least 2 weeks on liquids but I would stick at that stage until you tolerate it.

Keep volumes small - I got a childs plastic beaker that held 200ml and it would take me a 1-2 hours to get that down to start with. Please be careful with dehydration, as @starryeyed said you really need to make sure you are hydrated otherwise it can cause serious problems. I wrote everything down and how long it took me to drink it as well as what time I started. I recorded all volumes as well so I could see how much I had had and if I was managing to increase the volume over the course of a week.

Let us know how you got on with the milk.

@Louisex21 Just seen your post - glad you managed the milk. Hope you get on ok with the Dr.

@Louisex21 protein drinks, nas squash and thinned out yoghurt it does really need to be water consistency. The coffee will burn your stomach lining which is why you might be throwing up. We all have had addictions but you really need to fight the head battle on this one. Sorry if it sounds harsh but it can't be sugar coated lol. X

Oh absolutely sip sip sip, not full mouthfuls, sorry didn't realise you were so soon out - anything you have must be able to go up a straw, nothing thicker! Soups with marvel or cheese added, sieved to remove lumps, we were told we could have runny NAS custard - sainsburys do sachets of instant NAS also aunt Bessie's do one but make sure it is the NAS one!

If cold milk doesn't go well then try it warmed slightly, sometimes cold things don't go well. Also try thinned down yogurt - total Greek is good as high in protein but you need to thin it with milk.

Readybrek we could do but very runny - again it should be able to almost go up a straw.

Don't try purée or soft foods yet - at least 2 weeks on liquids but I would stick at that stage until you tolerate it.

Keep volumes small - I got a childs plastic beaker that held 200ml and it would take me a 1-2 hours to get that down to start with. Please be careful with dehydration, as @starryeyed said you really need to make sure you are hydrated otherwise it can cause serious problems. I wrote everything down and how long it took me to drink it as well as what time I started. I recorded all volumes as well so I could see how much I had had and if I was managing to increase the volume over the course of a week.

Let us know how you got on with the milk.

@Louisex21 Just seen your post - glad you managed the milk. Hope you get on ok with the Dr.
Thanks Hannah yes I'm 2 and a half weeks out but it was nice to have a cold glass of milk gave me the runs though straight away... but haven't been toilet for 5 days so it was good to be able to go.. I've brought some straws to help sip. Im really trying just scared of this pain which is putting me of having anything xx

@starryeyed I said this in a previous post I was addicted to Pepsi and now addicted to coffee and that's why I had this op to break the circle even though it's no sugar in coffee it's still caffeine addiction and I'm fighting it I haven't had a coffee this morning and took vitamins and had glass of milk x

@Louisex21 if you are having diarrhoea after milk you might have become lactose intolerant post op - keep an eye on it, if it happens every time you have milk try some alternatives, maybe that is why you have felt ill with milk?

Or, it might just be because your insides are inflamed still after not having to process anything for so long - or with the caffeine as @starryeyed said.

Keep going and let us know how you got on with GP and what you manage to have this afternoon. Baby steps forward!

re the pain - are you taking lansaprazole (spelling?) or equivalent ?

Yes doctor told me to up that medication as heartburn is aweful at the minute. @Hannah2 im still suffering from that milk I'm scared to have anymore just incase I get runs again lol x

@Louisex21 Can you try some almond milk? Or soya milk? Can you see @Want2b3 diary? That might give you some ideas.

What about trying some soup? or broth? That might help if it is the milk causing an issue? Even frozen NAS squash to suck?

Back