• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Hi Sweetcheeks

More importantly how are you and how thin are you now? What is happening with everything? I went on holiday for a couple of weeks and to be honest didn't fancy returning. 34 degrees of sunshine, private pool, good friends, plenty of reading, relaxing and baked to a lovely brown tan - it was good. I watched what I ate - never going above 1000 calories a day - I admit to the odd G@T!!! Back down to earth with a with a bump when I found I hadn't lost any weight over the two weeks which I am so so disappointed with. I swam 2 km each day, way more exercise than I have done since mid-2000's but no weight loss. My shape has changed but I am waiting for Mr Jain to have a go tomorrow about the slow loss. Its my post-op appointment tomorrow so I am dreading it. Their scales normally weigh heavier than mine so it will be even worse. Its not doing my confidence a lot of good and I am half expecting this op not to work now. All other diets and ops in my life have failed so there is no difference with this one. I have my 1st appointment at the gym on Tuesday next week but I have to have a letter to say I am fit enough to attend so I am hoping to get that tomorrow from the hospital. Other than that I will have to go and beg the GP to write a letter and pay for it as well.
Anyway, super depressed form Suffolk!

SJ xx
Hey listen don't woody about what he says you have had a Fab holiday and your shape would change your prob don't weigh less coz you have built muscles. Please do t worry it will come off jus focus on heathy eating.
I'm thinking of you today hun.
I have been a little down as not had much support.
But I'm OK, I went bk in hospital dehydrated but I'm fine now still struggling to get more than 2 pints in.
As for weight loss... I went In 20st 13 lbs day I left op I was 20st 4lbs then a week later I lost 1st 3lbs in a week they wasn't happy but I'm sure it was all fluids from hospital. Now I am 18st 12lbs as for yesterday. I didn't loose for a week or two was frustrating considering I had hardly anything to eat as was trying to fit fluids in.
I'm healing well but so fed up with crap food now on mashed stage which is so much better than puree yuk!
I'm going to France on 29th the same day I have my 6 week check I just hope alls OK so they will be happy for me to fly. I keep having a sneaky bit of chicken or cracker breads I few loads but Im jus fed up with the food.
Let me know how you get on today. X

Hey listen don't woody about what he says you have had a Fab holiday and your shape would change your prob don't weigh less coz you have built muscles. Please do t worry it will come off jus focus on heathy eating.
I'm thinking of you today hun.
I have been a little down as not had much support.
But I'm OK, I went bk in hospital dehydrated but I'm fine now still struggling to get more than 2 pints in.
As for weight loss... I went In 20st 13 lbs day I left op I was 20st 4lbs then a week later I lost 1st 3lbs in a week they wasn't happy but I'm sure it was all fluids from hospital. Now I am 18st 12lbs as for yesterday. I didn't loose for a week or two was frustrating considering I had hardly anything to eat as was trying to fit fluids in.
I'm healing well but so fed up with crap food now on mashed stage which is so much better than puree yuk!
I'm going to France on 29th the same day I have my 6 week check I just hope alls OK so they will be happy for me to fly. I keep having a sneaky bit of chicken or cracker breads I few loads but Im jus fed up with the food.
Let me know how you get on today. X

Hi Sweetcheeks
You have certainly had your fill of hospitals haven't you? I agree the puree stage is pretty yuk - soft diet so much more sociable as well.

As predicted the hospital scales weighed me in 1.5kg heavier than my ones at home so for my peace of mind I am going to use my scales as the record here. Mr Jain was not a pleased bunny with me. Said the weight loss was slow and what exercise was I doing. I told hi about the swimming but also that the gym wouldn't let me start until I had a letter from him to say its aok. He said that was ridiculous, he had never heard of that before and as it was laparoscopic surgery it was unnecessary. he said he will cc me into the letter he sends to the GP but that will take weeks and my induction appointment is planned for next Tuesday. I cant get a GP appointment unless this is an emergency or urgent - which in all honesty this isn't - so I am in a catch 22. I either sweet talk the gym into accepting me as I am or I have to wait until the hospital letter arrives.

I saw the nurse which was a lot better and she was very supportive. I said I was disappointed with the weight loss but she said O lost a significant amount before surgery so don't be too hard on myself and then she suggested that I go back to Stage 2 on the diet sheet to re-set for 5 days so that I feel more in control. I have to increase my protein intake but all in all she felt that with teh re-set, going to the gym and increasing the protein all would be okay. She said the wound that is still a bit oozy was healing and it was okay. She remarked that the mid-line one on the left side is very big and then said 'oh yes! you had a difficult surgery'. Anyway, I am resetting my self and trying to sort myself out.

One thing I have done is clear all of my size 24+ clothes out and sent them off to charity shops. I am such a buy-a-holic. Some of the tops and trousers I got out I have never been worn and still have the labels on them. I need to sort that habit out as well. My wardrobe still looks full and I haven't even waded into the dressing room yet!!!!!

You lucky girl with your holiday to still look forward to. If you are healing well there should be no problem with flying after 6 weeks. Both flights for me were okay. The outgoing one we were seated near the emergency exit over the wing so I had to either be able to fasten the seat belt or move as they can't allow an extension to be used there. So with breathing in and lifting one roll of blubber my husband managed to do the belt up but to say I felt as though I was cut in two would be an understatement. Coming back with my girlfriends it was so much easier so maybe the muscles had tightened a bit. Who knows??? I am now looking at possible options for a weeks holiday in the sun in Sept or Oct - something to look forward to.

Catch you soon.

SJ xx

Sweetcheeks it would be lovely to know that your getting on ok with your sleeve now xx

Are you ok Hun, it's been so long since you've updated us xx

Back