• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Sweetcheeks84

[that you are still on the straight and narrow with the milk. ="Sweetcheeks84, post: 2913249, member: 38767"]Yet another family meal tonight to say good buy to my sister in-law and nephew going back to Italy tomorrow. They had roast beef and all the trimmings and pudding and Yorkshire's and parsnips and gravy mmmmmmm wile I sat up the table drinking my hot milk and chicken Bovril. I was drooling over the parsnips and Yorkshire's and gravy yum. But still I continue to be good. My BP seems to be so much better it was so high at my pre op they were going to dance but I'm so lucky they didn't.
Its been down since thanks to double pills, I have the nurse tomorrow afternoon to see how it is and I'm going to ask her to weigh me!!
Fingers crossed for me please guys will keep you posted loads of love and healing to you all xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
You sound so bubbly and in control. Very positive that the BP is behaving itself and you are still focused on the milk diet. Only a few days to go so it all seems to go quickly from now on. Just think, when you next see the Italian family there will be less of you!!
I am feeling good today. Popped on the scales and it is definitely moving in the right direction. Had my last injection yesterday so I have sealed the tub up and I can stop causing self induced bruising! I am getting into the disciplined mode of 3 small meals a day and two snacks which seem mainly to be a small glass of cold milk. After all that milk I have downed I still love it!!
Let us know how it went at the appointment today.

SJ xx[/QUOTE]
Hi hun I'm feeling little down according to the nurse my BP was 140\96 anything over 90 on the last number will be a no go for the op. Although there cuff was broken and then she kept doing it over and over I'm sure that would put mjy BP up.
I took my wrist BP monitor and that said 124\77!!!!!!
So I don't know what's going on.
I just prey all this perpetration isn't for nothing on Monday I think I would actually fall apart.
Also said iv only lost 6lbs which is a bummer coz I mine it was 9lbs. I'm due on tomorrow but usually come on two days later which is just in time for my op I hope it comes on time or really late coz being on being on the operating table is not a pleasant thought.
I'm all over the place nothing I can do but still worrying.
Wow you go girl sounds like your on the move well done its all planning isn't it.
I am still enjoying milk although I want to chew on chicken lol
Iv always liked milk it's so relaxing.
Iv got my box and one injection for the evening before the op. Really stings with those needles they used to let !e do my own in hospital the trick is not to rub it or rest anything on the skin for a wile. I hope you continue to do so well so happy for you xx

Suffolk Joy

Well my BP was 140\96 still high although my drs don't have a huge cuff for my massive arms so took ages to get a reading. I really am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Also I asked to be weighed and there scales said iv only lost 6lbs after 10days on milk diet. Feeling so deflated rite now I just hope all will be OK on the day.

Hi Sweetcheeks
The wrong size BP cuff makes an awful lot of difference to the reading so you are probably okay - as you have been when you have done it at home. The morning of the op the BP will be up because you are anxious but everything will go okay. And I think 6 lbs is good. A milk diet is not firstly about weight loss but about shrinking the liver and that is what you are doing, so that the surgeon has a clear site of the abdomen. Be kind to yourself and reduced the anxiety - be positive knowing you are doing what you have to do in the right way. No one can ask more than that.

SJ xx

SAM55

Not the same hospital, but I used Slimfast on LRD.

Anxiety breeds more anxiety, so practice some deep breathing, and let the thought pass by acknowledging it, but not worrying about it. You could be on a route to self sabotage if you keep this up.

Sweetcheeks84

Hi Sweetcheeks
The wrong size BP cuff makes an awful lot of difference to the reading so you are probably okay - as you have been when you have done it at home. The morning of the op the BP will be up because you are anxious but everything will go okay. And I think 6 lbs is good. A milk diet is not firstly about weight loss but about shrinking the liver and that is what you are doing, so that the surgeon has a clear site of the abdomen. Be kind to yourself and reduced the anxiety - be positive knowing you are doing what you have to do in the right way. No one can ask more than that.

SJ xx
Awww thank yes I just hope th have a big enough cuff this time
I'm past caring about the weight loss now I just want to be healthy.
Hope I don't come on before the op it will be soooooo embarrassing to be on when they are doing the op x

Sweetcheeks84

Not the same hospital, but I used Slimfast on LRD.

Anxiety breeds more anxiety, so practice some deep breathing, and let the thought pass by acknowledging it, but not worrying about it. You could be on a route to self sabotage if you keep this up.
Yes I'm doing hypothesis and relaxation iv learnt and just relaxing all day tomorrow.fingers crossed x

Suffolk Joy

Awww thank yes I just hope th have a big enough cuff this time
I'm past caring about the weight loss now I just want to be healthy.
Hope I don't come on before the op it will be soooooo embarrassing to be on when they are doing the op x

The Bariatric units all have the correct BP cuffs etc which makes it accurate and also means they are sensitive to bariatric patients needs. Lots of NHS places don't have suitable equipment and because of their insufficient equipment they make us feel terrible and abnormal. I was mortified when I was in hospital for my spine op and they went to take my BP and I said that the cuff was the wrong size and could they find a larger one - only for the HCA to go off shouting "has anyone got the elephant cuff" - I was mortified, angry and upset. Thankfully this has never been the case at L&D. As for your cycle - as an ex-nurse - its not something to worry about at all. All day long nurses and doctors deal with bodily functions and you could always clarify if you can wear a tampon if you prefer as they will catheterise you once you are asleep. They have seen it all and done it all and you will be asleep so you wont know anything anyway!!

SJ xx

Sweetcheeks84

The Bariatric units all have the correct BP cuffs etc which makes it accurate and also means they are sensitive to bariatric patients needs. Lots of NHS places don't have suitable equipment and because of their insufficient equipment they make us feel terrible and abnormal. I was mortified when I was in hospital for my spine op and they went to take my BP and I said that the cuff was the wrong size and could they find a larger one - only for the HCA to go off shouting "has anyone got the elephant cuff" - I was mortified, angry and upset. Thankfully this has never been the case at L&D. As for your cycle - as an ex-nurse - its not something to worry about at all. All day long nurses and doctors deal with bodily functions and you could always clarify if you can wear a tampon if you prefer as they will catheterise you once you are asleep. They have seen it all and done it all and you will be asleep so you wont know anything anyway!!

SJ xx
So sorry I only just seen this. I really hope they have a giant cuff for my arms.
I am so shocked that HCA said that I would have gone so mad I would have made her feel so little for such a nasty remark but saying that at the time I'd probably be so shocked!!

As for my cycle I'm still not on I was due last Thursday mist be the stress, I'm not complaining lol I hope I don't come on when I get there.
My stomach feels so bloated and iv felt sick since taking the meds last night and was sick this morning it was like scramble egg?? I am not nervous yet which is great!!! My gf is still asleep I'm just relaxing before my shower and trying to get a milkshake in me.
I am nervous about this cyber attack can't find anything on lime it all says they haven't commented just hope it will all go to plan.
Have a Fab day/week and I'll msg once I'm home
Xxx

Sweetcheeks84

Well today's the big day aaahhh lolim actually fine I think its been so long and of been so poorly I think I'm actually ready this. Hope I don't cry when my gf has to go :-(
Have a Fab day/week speak to you all when I'm home loads of love xx

Suffolk Joy

Well today's the big day aaahhh lolim actually fine I think its been so long and of been so poorly I think I'm actually ready this. Hope I don't cry when my gf has to go :-(

I wish you all the luck in the world today. It's been a rollercoaster ride for you but your there now. Look forward to hearing from you on the other side.
SJ xx

Bling Babe

Hey chick, hope your on the road to recovery, thinking about you every day Xx

SAM55

How you doing? Hope all has gone well x

Sweetcheeks84

I wish you all the luck in the world today. It's been a rollercoaster ride for you but your there now. Look forward to hearing from you on the other side.
SJ xx
I am ALIVE!!!! Yay! Just got home I had a terrible time tbh.
Got there waited till 5pm!!! Walked into theatre laid on the bed the tried 3 times to put a canular in of which I had already had a Convo with the anesthetist to whom I told they were bad gains his reply was No one has bad vains they are all the same but its probably coz you have fat arms so they are harder to see!!! To which I was so shocked I said nothing!
Anyways after 3 attempt to canulate they put me to sleep with mask first.
Then woke up in recovery gasping for air I couldn't breath then the pass the phone to me with my partner at the other end hearing me struggling to breath. Eventually the realised something was wrong. Next thing I new I was on a ward on oxygen in agony because my pancreas wasn't happy with being handled for them to separate my stomach from my pancreas (my ectopic pancreas) it kicked off due to drugs and dehydration too.
I was then given a scan to look to see why I was in agony and it confirmed I had fluid in both lungs left being more severe but with no leaks or anything but ju loads of gas and pancreas pain on top of surgery pain. In all I spent 9days in hospital in agony I was a mess but the surgery went fine and the surgery pain wasn't to bad but my pancreas pain and chest pain plus wind pain and feeling sore was a massive amount of pure agony that I wish never to visit again.
I was vomiting all week (due to my pancreas) I have managed little bit of milk and juice that's it.
Just got home with loads of meds but no more antibiotics and they didn't give me any vitamins at all?
Plus side my BP has been great and my blood sugar have been great part from yesterday was to low so had to have lucozade.
I was weighed just after surgery I was 130.9 which meant I'd put weight on!!
Then got weighed today 128.2kg
Not much of a loss considering I was on iv fluids only till yesterday lol
Apart from all the drama I'm home and now can start my journey. How are you doing? Xxx

Sweetcheeks84

Got there waited till 5pm!!! Walked into theatre laid on the bed the tried 3 times to put a canular in of which I had already had a Convo with the anesthetist to whom I told they were bad gains his reply was No one has bad vains they are all the same but its probably coz you have fat arms so they are harder to see!!! To which I was so shocked I said nothing!
Then woke up in recovery gasping for air I couldn't breath then the pass the phone to me with my partner at the other end hearing me struggling to breath. Eventually the realised something was wrong. Next thing I new I was on a ward on oxygen in agony because my pancreas wasn't happy with being handled for them to separate my stomach from my pancreas (my ectopic pancreas) it kicked off due to drugs and dehydration too.
I was then given a scan to look to see why I was in agony and it confirmed I had fluid in both lungs left being more severe but with no leaks or anything but ju loads of gas and pancreas pain on top of surgery pain. In all I spent 9days in hospital in agony I was a mess but the surgery went fine and the surgery pain wasn't to bad but my pancreas pain and chest pain plus wind pain and feeling sore was a massive amount of pure agony that I wish never to visit again.
I was vomiting all week (due to my pancreas) I have managed little bit of milk and juice that's it.
Just got home with loads of meds but no more antibiotics and they didn't give me any vitamins at all?
Plus side my BP has been great and my blood sugar have been great part from yesterday was to low so had to have lucozade.
Apart from all the drama I'm home and now can start my journey. How are you doing? Xxx

Suffolk Joy

Hi Sweetcheeks

I am so relieved to hear from you. My goodness what a time you have had. Firstly WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!!!! Yippee! You say that the gastric bit went well - just the rest of your bod decided to join in the fun. You must be exhausted with all the treatment, drugs, poor sleep (wards are not quiet places) and depletion of your bodies resources. Have you come home with painkillers? I was given injections, iron tabs, Calcium, painkillers, PPIs, to come home with. Have you got any of those?
Fat arms?? They got a final insult in then, not exactly patient friendly or caring. Neither is it the nicest comment to hear just as you are put under.
Haha! I put weight on in week 1 and was most miffed about it. I thought maybe I am the only person to ever have bariatric surgery to put weight on but it does start to move from week 2 onwards. I have lost a stone in 3 weeks. It's not earth shattering but it's going in the right direction.
Are you still being sick or are you moving forwards with the fluids? It will be easier at home where you have things to hand that you like.

I am off on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday. Villa, pool, Sun, kindle - bliss!! I am eating reasonably well. I am having problems with chicken - too dry but eating more than soups and yogurts. I love my morning single Weetabix and my taste buds have changed. I am not craving sweet stuff. I have been sick twice in four weeks - so much better than twice per day. I have experienced 'dumping' - had 2 chocolates. I swiftly got tummy ache, headache and shakes, sweating and pain. I then needed to rush to the loo and gosh! My system emptied rapidly. Then create a weld back to bed and went to sleep. Now I know what its like. I am not going for a repeat performance!
Keep in touch.
SJ xx

Bling Babe

Hi Sweetcheeks

I am so relieved to hear from you. My goodness what a time you have had. Firstly WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!!!! Yippee! You say that the gastric bit went well - just the rest of your bod decided to join in the fun. You must be exhausted with all the treatment, drugs, poor sleep (wards are not quiet places) and depletion of your bodies resources. Have you come home with painkillers? I was given injections, iron tabs, Calcium, painkillers, PPIs, to come home with. Have you got any of those?
Fat arms?? They got a final insult in then, not exactly patient friendly or caring. Neither is it the nicest comment to hear just as you are put under.
Haha! I put weight on in week 1 and was most miffed about it. I thought maybe I am the only person to ever have bariatric surgery to put weight on but it does start to move from week 2 onwards. I have lost a stone in 3 weeks. It's not earth shattering but it's going in the right direction.
Are you still being sick or are you moving forwards with the fluids? It will be easier at home where you have things to hand that you like.

I am off on holiday for 2 weeks on Saturday. Villa, pool, Sun, kindle - bliss!! I am eating reasonably well. I am having problems with chicken - too dry but eating more than soups and yogurts. I love my morning single Weetabix and my taste buds have changed. I am not craving sweet stuff. I have been sick twice in four weeks - so much better than twice per day. I have experienced 'dumping' - had 2 chocolates. I swiftly got tummy ache, headache and shakes, sweating and pain. I then needed to rush to the loo and gosh! My system emptied rapidly. Then create a weld back to bed and went to sleep. Now I know what its like. I am not going for a repeat performance!
Keep in touch.
SJ xx
Sweetcheeks you don't know how good it is to hear from you..... it sounds like you have had a rough time but the main thing is to look forward now and enjoy the losers bench, all the very best to you, hope you feel stronger each day. Big hugs :hugs:XxXx

Sweetcheeks84

Hi Sweetcheeks

Keep in touch.
SJ xx
Good morning hun, omg yet I am shattered its been a tuff road I was in agony beyond words due to my pancreatitis kicking off then waking up struggling to breathe. I was a mess but thankfully its all calmed down I can not describe how I made it through that week coz I was screaming in pain not so much from the surgery but from gas pain and pancreas non stop being sick rejected my own salver so was constantly gagging trying to bring nothing up. 3 types of morphine I had the pump the patch and melt tablets omg n it still hurt like hell.
But on the mend so happy to be home. Yes I come home with meds, in got morphine patch, morphine melts , liquid paracetamol coz the dispensable one didn't go down at all, I have liquid anti sickness plus melts but they taste like paint so I don't have them. Iv got the injections plus calsichew,movicol which I don't use I have laxido don't know why they gave that one to me. ERM not sure what else but I'm not on my BP pills anymore my BP is normal and my blood sugar is fine most days into low so have to have flat lucozade.
I'm not in as my pain now I can move about freely although spent 10days in bed with a cathater as was so weak and poorly.
So just getting back on my feet now.
What's a PPI?
I didn't get given any vitamins at all.
I am going to call the dietitians today so I know what I can have coz can't take tablets. Yet I have centrum advance/women but they are huge!
As for weight they weighed me and I lost 8lbs on the milk diet, then weighed few days after op and I had gained 4lbs!!
I wasn't happy but figured fluid from iv plus I bloody come on the day after surgery just as I was trying to move onto the CT scanner I just got this rush of bloody everywhere on my PJs if I wasn't in enough pain and embarrassed enough from crying in agony was just my luck :-(

Wow that's great!!! So happy for you that's an amazing achievement don't be down on it that's brill!
I am not being sick anymore I only managed 2 small glass of water and one milk in hospital the day before I come home they said drink more I was trying hut it come back all the time.
Then I had same on the day I left
But slowly I'm managing more fluids I had 2 500ml bottle water yesterday and a actmel and a protein shake I'm not sure that's enough but I also managed last night a small tub like snack size tub of home made butternut soup with cheese triangle in it to try and get more protein in I added some milk to water it down and it was yummy and it stayed down.
Its strange coz I didn't get the full feeling I just stopped coz didn't want to push my luck.
Yet I struggled with water but not so much the milk. Strange hey!
Wow holiday sounds blissful, just what you need hey!
Shame abut chicken have you tried boiling it?
Just keep trying at a later date it mite just be one those that needs time.
Bloody hell stay away for that chocolate then oh boy!! I had a funny turn when I got home and had a powder slimfast my heart went so fast I could hardly breath I only had few sips I went dizzy sweaty I new must be the sugar in that. So not had it since. I was Just having milk in hospital.
I'm going to France on 29th June so I hope I'll be on something yummy by then.
Stay fit and well speak soon xxx

Sweetcheeks84

Sweetcheeks you don't know how good it is to hear from you..... it sounds like you have had a rough time but the main thing is to look forward now and enjoy the losers bench, all the very best to you, hope you feel stronger each day. Big hugs :hugs:XxXx
Thank you hun I have had an awfully painful time not so much the op I don't want to scare ppl yes its painful but any op would be but the gas is agony and my pancreas kicked off so I was non stop trying to be sick which was so painful n nothing in my tummy so was worse. I couldn't walk about due to getting fluid on my lungs during the op so couldn't breath nor walk nor move without pain. Was a mess tbh but I'm on the mend managed my first tiny soup last night was lovely. The pain is under control an I feel human again noe o get used to what I should be having in a day. Hope you atre well x

Sweetcheeks84

Trapped wind in my stomach/chest struggled to drink any fluid today as it fees like tiny sips go down with air n bigger ones cause ain n trapped sir. Milk goes down okay but I'm struggling with has pain when drinking water juice soup its getting so uncomfortable. Any advice on how to get rid of it iv asked iv had peppermint tea. X

Suffolk Joy

Trapped wind in my stomach/chest struggled to drink any fluid today as it fees like tiny sips go down with air n bigger ones cause ain n trapped sir. Milk goes down okay but I'm struggling with has pain when drinking water juice soup its getting so uncomfortable. Any advice on how to get rid of it iv asked iv had peppermint tea. X

Hi Sweetcheeks
In very sunny Cyprus making the most of the Sun and pool. I was advised to get Infacol for wind (can get in supermarkets or chemist). It's a preparation used for babies but is very gentle and the only time I had wind it helped. You certainly are getting all the problems aren't you?
I am struggling a bit with food. Been sick twice - chicken is obviously my no-go. I am also struggling to get a good amount of protein in but I keep on plodding.
It's doing my head in not being able to pop on the scales to check all is okay. I am dreading a 2 week holiday culminating in no weight loss. I can just imagine Mr Jains comments about my slow progress. Maybe I should have popped the bathroom scales in the case!

SJ xx

Suffolk Joy

Morning Sweetcheeks

How are you getting on? Is the wind pain easing up at all? I had a bit of a yuk moment this am. The incision line, central upper tum just below my bra has been a little tiny opening - just enough for goop to be squeezed out. Practice Nurse said it was okay. This morning the mid tummy incision looked a bit red after my shower - more goop came out so I shall have to watch them both. I have put a dry dressing over them and as,we are heading up into the hills today (in the car not on foot I hasten to add!) I shall forego the pool today.
SJ xx