• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Well done you did so good to lose that.. I do and don't regret it. I went to a party yesterday and then everyone looked at me like why isn't she eating anything and then some plonka decided to announce it in front of everyone so I was rather annoyed wasn't there business to broadcast I felt really belittled tbh not that I'm ashamed just the fact it was embarrassing for me... I only regret it when kids want to go out for a meal and I'm to scared to have anything just incase you never know.. but gone from a size 26 to a size 18 and that makes me realise why I had this done.. I have my good days and bad days just like anyone but I'm missing my fizzy pop at the minute.. xx
Omg! Well done x how long did it take u to go from size 26 to 18? It's so impressive x

oh that isn't very nice to say that to everyone and embarrassing you like that just stay focused don't care what anybody thinks you are doing well stay positive
I'm not ashamed of having it done just wanted to tell people in my own time not broadcasted at a party I did feel it wasn't the place and then all the questions and seem to took the limelight and I really didn't want to xx

Omg! Well done x how long did it take u to go from size 26 to 18? It's so impressive x
I really don't know the weight is just falling off me I'm averaging 2lb a day.. I did see my gp and he basically said that he knows 10 people that have had it done and 2 had rapid weight lost and hit there target and the others that took it off slower have not hit there target like they wanted to. But haven't been able to take protein shakes,soups,broth ect so been surviving on water up until 3 days ago.. now have more energy to exercise and not nap through out the day! Starting to feel normal again and Its took 4 weeks tomorrow xx

I really don't know the weight is just falling off me I'm averaging 2lb a day.. I did see my gp and he basically said that he knows 10 people that have had it done and 2 had rapid weight lost and hit there target and the others that took it off slower have not hit there target like they wanted to. But haven't been able to take protein shakes,soups,broth ect so been surviving on water up until 3 days ago.. now have more energy to exercise and not nap through out the day! Starting to feel normal again and Its took 4 weeks tomorrow xx
@Louisex21 you poor thing:hugs:I went through equally rough first few weeks too and by week 7 I went from 20.7 to 16.8. I could hardly walk without legs cramping, vision was going and hair thinning. Thankfully I could start normal food week 8 and it was fine...I could hardly stomach soft/purée food and suvived on very little. The milk allergy I developed post op didn't help as I couldn't have the protein drinks etc. I did discover pea protein however that is dairy free to add to bouillon broth drinks.
Once I started the vitamins with food I was ok within 5 days and have had no hiccups since hopefully never. Weight loss has slowed right down since but would prefer slower weight loss rather go through those 7 weeks again...I thought I was never going to be able to eat food...I was worried I was going to go blind!

It still is early days for you but keep in contact with Dr. Tbh you should not exercise for first 12 weeks but not at all if not maintaining some sort of nutrition. I found mini hummus with cucumber good and peanut butter mashed with banana a life saver at those times! Hope you start to get better day by day.

@Louisex21 you poor thing:hugs:I went through equally rough first few weeks too and by week 7 I went from 20.7 to 16.8. I could hardly walk without legs cramping, vision was going and hair thinning. Thankfully I could start normal food week 8 and it was fine...I could hardly stomach soft/purée food and suvived on very little. The milk allergy I developed post op didn't help as I couldn't have the protein drinks etc. I did discover pea protein however that is dairy free to add to bouillon broth drinks.
Once I started the vitamins with food I was ok within 5 days and have had no hiccups since hopefully never. Weight loss has slowed right down since but would prefer slower weight loss rather go through those 7 weeks again...I thought I was never going to be able to eat food...I was worried I was going to go blind!

It still is early days for you but keep in contact with Dr. Tbh you should not exercise for first 12 weeks but not at all if not maintaining some sort of nutrition. I found mini hummus with cucumber good and peanut butter mashed with banana a life saver at those times! Hope you start to get better day by day.
Thanks hunny I've became lactose intolerant and I'm severely allergic to nuts and peanuts. It does feel like I'll never be able to eat but gp said there is light at the end of the tunnel and won't feel like this forever.. but fluids I'm doing good with and a couple of coffees here and there now xx

That's it slowly your GP is right..try mashed banana is good I had 1/4 a day great your getting fluids down, things improve rapidly once you get over this stage. I didn't like the smell of foods and one of the first foods I got used to was oddly curry which is spicy and think it would be a no no. It was a homemade curry and I would mash it up only couple teaspoons, didn't like the smell but it tasted lovely! My sense of smell has now returned to normal. But everything back then smelt awful and the longer I went without food the more sick I felt of food. It was a big had to force myself, but once I got going on solid stage it was like I had no I trouble the past 7 weeks! Finding new foods now will be a challenge. Their are a few here with nut allergies and few with milk too. Between our diaries you will get some ideas:)

Hi Angeline (and everyone else). Yes, we have been through the mill. The wound is infected and producing so much exudate they have put a drain pouch back on. It's been a very difficult start but hopefully the end result will be worth it. I'm glad I don't have a young family to look after or a job. My brain only seems to be functioning at around 50% which feels very weird.

I'm going to try to create a diary.
I know that feeling ......I feel like a bimboand cant function at my normal level.....it's exhausting to try lol xxx you poor thing having your drain back on ! My wound isn't healing too good either :-( daily dressing still and it's still icky!!!

Thanks hunny I've became lactose intolerant and I'm severely allergic to nuts and peanuts. It does feel like I'll never be able to eat but gp said there is light at the end of the tunnel and won't feel like this forever.. but fluids I'm doing good with and a couple of coffees here and there now xx
One step at a time lovely and your doing well xxxx it's hard changing so drastically so quickly but your doing great xxx

oh my God I hope you are ok hope you get better soon
Hi lovely I'm getting there slowly but surely.....just need the tube out and wound to heal .......then I can crack on. Hopefully no more hiccups as the ones I have are big lol xxxx

Hey hun it went fine he said there is no problems and happy with me he told me they won't do the leak test unless they think there is an issue. And that when I wake up I could have blue die on my face and In my mouth an hair???? He said not to worry! Lol having blue in my hair will be the last of my worries lol
I didn't get op date till I see my surgeon on 16th March. The told me before you won't get to see the surgeon and anesthetist on the same day they said to me it don't happen like that. But if you do get to that's great! They tell everyone different things. I have to carry on losing weight till see the surgeon then he should give me a date.
Feeling nervous keep thinking of all that has happened to everyone on here and as iv already got a condition I am thinking will I make my life worse.
Then think about everything else and just focus on trying to enjoy food wile I can. Keep us posted hope all goes well. Xxxxx
That's good news !! Do you feel better for getting the date ? You were worried xx

Hi Angeline
You certainly seem to have been through major trauma and yet still positive. Are you still glad you made the decision to go ahead? Is your tube out yet and is the wound drying up? Sorry there are so many questions but do the team keep an eye on your nutrition and whether you are malnourished? The reason I ask is last summer I had lots of blood tests at Addenbrookes and landed up on so many tablets and supplements as I was seriously malnourished that I wondered if the team monitored it during the pre/op/post op period? My op isn't until April and i take a daily dose of Fortival but what happens if you can't take nutrition much in?
SJ x

Hi Anna@88
How is the weight loss going pre appointment? I was given a stern warning by Mr Jain that I had to lose 8 kg before my op date in April as he doesn't think I have lost much over the past 6 months since I have been at the L&D. Are you feeling excited about the looming op date?
SJ x

Hi Sweetcheeks84
How are things with you? Are you still managing to lose weight? My birthday this week so much to Mr Jain's dislike I don't think I will be losing too much of my central fat this week. Having said that I am still trying to be good and watching what I eat and the portion size. Have the team given you a diet to follow or any guidelines to floow until your appointment in March? I suppose I am technically still on 900 cal per day but they haven't actually articulated that or checked how its going (not well according to Mr Jain!!)
SJ x

Hi Angeline
You certainly seem to have been through major trauma and yet still positive. Are you still glad you made the decision to go ahead? Is your tube out yet and is the wound drying up? Sorry there are so many questions but do the team keep an eye on your nutrition and whether you are malnourished? The reason I ask is last summer I had lots of blood tests at Addenbrookes and landed up on so many tablets and supplements as I was seriously malnourished that I wondered if the team monitored it during the pre/op/post op period? My op isn't until April and i take a daily dose of Fortival but what happens if you can't take nutrition much in?
SJ x
Hi Lovely,
Im trying to be positive as I have been through so much. I made my decision to have the bypass on medical grounds and i know it was the right reason xx Yes ive been through the mill and my wound/tube is still be daily dressed I can say it was still the right decision. Im annoyed that I had to have two additional operations due to second join being way too small and that it was a close call as I even frghtened the team!!!!! Having this type of operation is not to be taken lightly and needs really good thought time spent on making the final decision. I was in a situation where my medical condition and weight gain would probably end my life early and the operation had that risk too so I had to give it a go xx
My team have been in contact with me and have monitored me since the operation as out of almost a month Ive only been home for a week lol!!!! They do have contact card/emergency card now on the back of my experience and they ave now introduced a post op 6mth sessions to educate and monitor your nutrition. Im glad in a way my situation has brought on the changes as its positive for anyone going for surgery. I still worry and keeping a diary helps me to focus on areas Im lacking on eg protein..water...etc
Just waiting on post op appt so I can get tube out ....cant wait as that is very uncomfortable for me xxxxx

4 weeks post op and can start stage 2 so tried it and why can't I eat it it hurts going down no matter what!! I'm getting really stressed and upset over it yogurts hurt going down!! So does soup, mash with lots of gravy!! I'm getting so upset over it and when I do have a spoonful it hurts going down then yep back up. Went doctors yet again and he told me to bare with it for another 4 weeks and it will get better. I'm losing weight that fast I'm now gone from a size 26 and going into a 16 now in 4 weeks and all my skin is going saggy now yes I new before I started I would get saggy skin but didn't expect to lose it this fast thought I could help tone it up a little as going along with exercise... phoned bariatric team and they are seeing me Friday as an emergency to see what's going on I'm living off water or nas squash as protein drinks giving me sickness and the craps!!! Hash tag loving life feeling depressed lol

Hi Anna@88
How is the weight loss going pre appointment? I was given a stern warning by Mr Jain that I had to lose 8 kg before my op date in April as he doesn't think I have lost much over the past 6 months since I have been at the L&D. Are you feeling excited about the looming op date?
SJ x
Hi x
I have lost 1.5 kg so far and I've got a week till I go to hospital I have to loose more b4 that. I cut out all sugars bread snacks so hopefully it will work fingers crossed x Its exciting that's not long now but I ve got so many questions to ask on my pre op appoitment I write them down as knowing new I will forget on the day lol x

4 weeks post op and can start stage 2 so tried it and why can't I eat it it hurts going down no matter what!! I'm getting really stressed and upset over it yogurts hurt going down!! So does soup, mash with lots of gravy!! I'm getting so upset over it and when I do have a spoonful it hurts going down then yep back up. Went doctors yet again and he told me to bare with it for another 4 weeks and it will get better. I'm losing weight that fast I'm now gone from a size 26 and going into a 16 now in 4 weeks and all my skin is going saggy now yes I new before I started I would get saggy skin but didn't expect to lose it this fast thought I could help tone it up a little as going along with exercise... phoned bariatric team and they are seeing me Friday as an emergency to see what's going on I'm living off water or nas squash as protein drinks giving me sickness and the craps!!! Hash tag loving life feeling depressed lol
Omg x hope u will start feeling better soon x let me know what they will say on Friday x i will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Oh Louise !!!! You poor thing.....sending you lots of love ❤️
That's not good to be worried about eating with these issues....your as bad as me having complications xxxx hoping Bariatric team are really helpful tomorrow as this situ needs to be looked into...not healthy for you both physically or mentally xxxxx I can at least tolerate arla yoghurts which are high in protein and other runny stuff...just wish I cud help you xxx please be honest with team and make sure they investigate thoroughly xxxx sending hugs xxxx

Omg x hope u will start feeling better soon x let me know what they will say on Friday x i will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Oh Louise !!!! You poor thing.....sending you lots of love ❤️
That's not good to be worried about eating with these issues....your as bad as me having complications xxxx hoping Bariatric team are really helpful tomorrow as this situ needs to be looked into...not healthy for you both physically or mentally xxxxx I can at least tolerate arla yoghurts which are high in protein and other runny stuff...just wish I cud help you xxx please be honest with team and make sure they investigate thoroughly xxxx sending hugs xxxx
So seen the team going to have a barium swallow they still think it's psychological but it's not no matter how many times I tell them it's definitely not they think it's in my head. Losing the will here. Wish things were different I have doctor saying it will get better soon as much as I believe him it doesn't feel like that now.. then them saying they think it's in my head.. I was happy and funny before all this now I'm just tired and depressed all the time and lost my self in the mist of it all.. I new it wasn't going to be easy but I don't want to live the rest of my life like this maybe I'm just having a down day but it's how I'm feeling at the moment.. I'm constantly being sick throughout the day but found something good at the minute. Ice lolly have been my saviour lately. Went to get my anti sick tablets today as well to find out they haven't gave them me and need to see doctors Monday so looks like a whole weekend of throwing my guts up... how are you @Angeline xxx

Back