• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

So seen the team going to have a barium swallow they still think it's psychological but it's not no matter how many times I tell them it's definitely not they think it's in my head. Losing the will here. Wish things were different I have doctor saying it will get better soon as much as I believe him it doesn't feel like that now.. then them saying they think it's in my head.. I was happy and funny before all this now I'm just tired and depressed all the time and lost my self in the mist of it all.. I new it wasn't going to be easy but I don't want to live the rest of my life like this maybe I'm just having a down day but it's how I'm feeling at the moment.. I'm constantly being sick throughout the day but found something good at the minute. Ice lolly have been my saviour lately. Went to get my anti sick tablets today as well to find out they haven't gave them me and need to see doctors Monday so looks like a whole weekend of throwing my guts up... how are you @Angeline xxx
I know what you are eating is normal for week 4 if things go as normal, but it may be that with all you have had done, it is too much. Have you tried any lactose free protein, such as lactose free milk? Others on here have had issues with vomiting post op, as they have developed post op lactose intolerance. The protein is so important for the body to heal.

If they are saying it is psychological are they offering you psychological support???? Hope the barium swallow gives you the answers you need.

So seen the team going to have a barium swallow they still think it's psychological but it's not no matter how many times I tell them it's definitely not they think it's in my head. Losing the will here. Wish things were different I have doctor saying it will get better soon as much as I believe him it doesn't feel like that now.. then them saying they think it's in my head.. I was happy and funny before all this now I'm just tired and depressed all the time and lost my self in the mist of it all.. I new it wasn't going to be easy but I don't want to live the rest of my life like this maybe I'm just having a down day but it's how I'm feeling at the moment.. I'm constantly being sick throughout the day but found something good at the minute. Ice lolly have been my saviour lately. Went to get my anti sick tablets today as well to find out they haven't gave them me and need to see doctors Monday so looks like a whole weekend of throwing my guts up... how are you @Angeline xxx

Hi Loiusex21
You seem so very low and I know what that is like. I had a band fitted 10 years ago and had no help post-op (it was done privately). I had a fill (only my 2nd) and it was so closed I vomited constantly, couldn't swallow water of even my saliva so had to travel back the next day and have water taken out. I did lose 6 stone over 10 years but have vomited every day for 10 years. It is exhausting, depressing, tiring and sometimes you just feel like having a damn good cry. Even the weight loss didn't seems worth it to me. The plus side (and yes you must try to find some) is that the NHS will be able to see what is happening and help to sort you out but above all do get some counselling. At L&D there are psychologists and I assume they are part of all MD teams so ring up the bariatric team and ask for an urgent appt to see her and get some support. That is what they say they can offer so be bold and push for that support. I found that I liked to suck ice and had a constant supply of ice chips/cubes on the go. It was the coolness that I loved. I could feel it trickle down.
3 years ago I had to attend Addenbrookes so see what was going on. The 1 barium swallow showed a tiny tiny outlet to fluid (scar tissue had caused 90% closure around the band) and I was being sick etc because my oesophagus had distended and was acting like a holding chamber for food and fluid. I had a second barium swallow to have the band emptied (still at 90% closure) but at least I understand what is going on now and therefore when i do chuck up I understand why. 1 year ago I was so malnourished that Addenbrookes put me on a bountiful amount of supplements and sent me off to Tier 4 for band removal and other surgery. So all in all being in the NHS system is a much better system and they have the team to support you. KEEP PESTERING for what support you need. Dietitian, psychologist whatever.
Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome of the barium. p.s barium mixture tastes okay, its just the holding it in your mouth whilst they get ready that's the bugger!!
SJ x

Oh nooooo!!! Bless you ...your really going through it xxx I can't take anti sickness tablets cause it's so harsh on my tummy :-( I have tried some soft food yesterday and today and I've had to battle the nausea feeling but it worked !!! One fan on max in my face and a lot of will power I kept it down and feel like I'm winning this little hurdle xxx plus Arla yoghurts are my hero with being high in protein xxx
What about going to have a manicure to get out and treat yourself instead of being at home xxx I get down stating in house especially when I feel like crap and sad....I know how you feel with low mood xxx I got hubby to take me for a drive to make me escape the home in chauffeur style lol xxx felt good and tired when we got back....nice not to be young yo hospital, doctors or chemist lol xxxxx

I know what you are eating is normal for week 4 if things go as normal, but it may be that with all you have had done, it is too much. Have you tried any lactose free protein, such as lactose free milk? Others on here have had issues with vomiting post op, as they have developed post op lactose intolerance. The protein is so important for the body to heal.

If they are saying it is psychological are they offering you psychological support???? Hope the barium swallow gives you the answers you need.
Arla do lactose free high protein milk hunny xxxx

Hi Loiusex21
You seem so very low and I know what that is like. I had a band fitted 10 years ago and had no help post-op (it was done privately). I had a fill (only my 2nd) and it was so closed I vomited constantly, couldn't swallow water of even my saliva so had to travel back the next day and have water taken out. I did lose 6 stone over 10 years but have vomited every day for 10 years. It is exhausting, depressing, tiring and sometimes you just feel like having a damn good cry. Even the weight loss didn't seems worth it to me. The plus side (and yes you must try to find some) is that the NHS will be able to see what is happening and help to sort you out but above all do get some counselling. At L&D there are psychologists and I assume they are part of all MD teams so ring up the bariatric team and ask for an urgent appt to see her and get some support. That is what they say they can offer so be bold and push for that support. I found that I liked to suck ice and had a constant supply of ice chips/cubes on the go. It was the coolness that I loved. I could feel it trickle down.
3 years ago I had to attend Addenbrookes so see what was going on. The 1 barium swallow showed a tiny tiny outlet to fluid (scar tissue had caused 90% closure around the band) and I was being sick etc because my oesophagus had distended and was acting like a holding chamber for food and fluid. I had a second barium swallow to have the band emptied (still at 90% closure) but at least I understand what is going on now and therefore when i do chuck up I understand why. 1 year ago I was so malnourished that Addenbrookes put me on a bountiful amount of supplements and sent me off to Tier 4 for band removal and other surgery. So all in all being in the NHS system is a much better system and they have the team to support you. KEEP PESTERING for what support you need. Dietitian, psychologist whatever.
Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome of the barium. p.s barium mixture tastes okay, its just the holding it in your mouth whilst they get ready that's the bugger!!
SJ x
see that's how I feel like it's holding in my oesphagus and not going down and then bam there goes the sickness I am so exhausted from it all and really keep thinking is this worth it but I no there is no going back as I had the sleeve I just keep thinking what have I done to myself I just feel extremely upset by it all and feel all alone even if I'm not it's how I'm feeling.. I'm not even bothered by the not eating it's just the sickness xx

Oh nooooo!!! Bless you ...your really going through it xxx I can't take anti sickness tablets cause it's so harsh on my tummy :-( I have tried some soft food yesterday and today and I've had to battle the nausea feeling but it worked !!! One fan on max in my face and a lot of will power I kept it down and feel like I'm winning this little hurdle xxx plus Arla yoghurts are my hero with being high in protein xxx
What about going to have a manicure to get out and treat yourself instead of being at home xxx I get down stating in house especially when I feel like crap and sad....I know how you feel with low mood xxx I got hubby to take me for a drive to make me escape the home in chauffeur style lol xxx felt good and tired when we got back....nice not to be young yo hospital, doctors or chemist lol xxxxx

Arla do lactose free high protein milk hunny xxxx
I'm going to try yougurts again and I'm craving something really cold that will clench the thirst. Glad your on the mend though you have had it so rough xx

Have you tried hummus? @Louisex21 I was feeling low like you running on empty as couldn't breath because the medication contained milk, I was having anaphylactic response to milk and have not touched it since as nearly called ambulance with the pain and not able to breath. Have you checked what medication you have? What is it? As soon as mine was changed it took a further 3 weeks to get somewhere but started to improve. Have you got pea protein? This is dairy gluten free and can be put in any drink/frozen in ice cubes. Like @SAM55 has stated without protein Hun you won't heal...My hernia broke down at one point due to lack of nutrients wk 6/7. It does feel discomfort too at first but that is why you start with a teaspoon and build up...to 2 tablespoons over the first few weeks. I hope things start to improve soon for you:hugs:

I'm going to try yougurts again and I'm craving something really cold that will clench the thirst. Glad your on the mend though you have had it so rough xx
Will feel better when your
On the mend too xxxx it's a horrible feeling and I started off with tiny amounts of yoghurts or fortisip drinks and made my way up
Xxx after all You can't push it xx

Well done you did so good to lose that.. I do and don't regret it. I went to a party yesterday and then everyone looked at me like why isn't she eating anything and then some plonka decided to announce it in front of everyone so I was rather annoyed wasn't there business to broadcast I felt really belittled tbh not that I'm ashamed just the fact it was embarrassing for me... I only regret it when kids want to go out for a meal and I'm to scared to have anything just incase you never know.. but gone from a size 26 to a size 18 and that makes me realise why I had this done.. I have my good days and bad days just like anyone but I'm missing my fizzy pop at the minute.. xx
That's awful who ever told everyone your business needs a talking too. Its nothing to be ashamed of but its your private life. Wow you have lost loads dropping all them clothing sizes!!! Have you got better with your fear of food? Xxx

Hi there x its what I've heard that not always they check with the dye drink. I would prefer to make sure there is no leak from my new stomach. Also discharging the next day is worring most hospitals keep u in for 2-4days after wls.
Hiya hun yes its worried me to as I have a condition that could get worse after surgery. I will talk to the surgeon and see what he thinks as I don't want to go home and get poorly. Its frightening enough without that worry. X

That's good news !! Do you feel better for getting the date ? You were worried xx
Yes I was worried to death that they wasn't going to let me see the surgeon but they are on the 16th march I have 3 weeks to lose more weight and then hopefully he will give me a date for my op. How are you doing Sweet xx

Hi Sweetcheeks84
How are things with you? Are you still managing to lose weight? My birthday this week so much to Mr Jain's dislike I don't think I will be losing too much of my central fat this week. Having said that I am still trying to be good and watching what I eat and the portion size. Have the team given you a diet to follow or any guidelines to floow until your appointment in March? I suppose I am technically still on 900 cal per day but they haven't actually articulated that or checked how its going (not well according to Mr Jain!!)
SJ x
Hey happy birthday!!! You only get one birthday a year enjoy it.
I didn't get given a diet plan the gave me the refeed diet sheet but said I can do slimming world as that works for me and as I have a condition that I can't jus have milk I can't do the milk diet. So I'm continue to do slimming world although fell off the wagon a little. Back on it tomorrow meals all planned and I will lose by the time I see him. I just hope he doesn't say I haven't lost enough over the 18months iv been waing coz I'll go mad! Coz that's what I'm there for my body doesn't lose easy and it doesn't stay off.
I'm hoping he will be kind as I'm fed up with some of the rude ppl there.
I am drinking lots of water and green tea cucumber water and lots of soup veg and meats fish low carb and hopefully it will show by the time I go and see him.
Its been a long me coming I need to sit down and think about what I want to ask when I do see him.
What about you how are things with you? Xxx

Hi Sweetcheeks84
How are things with you? Are you still managing to lose weight? My birthday this week so much to Mr Jain's dislike I don't think I will be losing too much of my central fat this week. Having said that I am still trying to be good and watching what I eat and the portion size. Have the team given you a diet to follow or any guidelines to floow until your appointment in March? I suppose I am technically still on 900 cal per day but they haven't actually articulated that or checked how its going (not well according to Mr Jain!!)
SJ x
I didn't get given a diet plan the gave me the refeed diet sheet but said I can do slimming world as that works for me and as I have a condition that I can't jus have milk I can't do the milk diet. So I'm continue to do slimming world although fell off the wagon a little. Back on it tomorrow meals all planned and I will lose by the time I see him. I just hope he doesn't say I haven't lost enough over the 18months iv been waing coz I'll go mad! Coz that's what I'm there for my body doesn't lose easy and it doesn't stay off.
I am drinking lots of water and green tea cucumber water and lots of soup veg and meats fish low carb and hopefully it will show by the time I go and see him.
Its been a long me coming I need to sit down and think about what I want to ask when I do see him.

4 weeks post op and can start stage 2 so tried it and why can't I eat it it hurts going down no matter what!! I'm getting really stressed and upset over it yogurts hurt going down!! So does soup, mash with lots of gravy!! I'm getting so upset over it and when I do have a spoonful it hurts going down then yep back up. Went doctors yet again and he told me to bare with it for another 4 weeks and it will get better. I'm losing weight that fast I'm now gone from a size 26 and going into a 16 now in 4 weeks and all my skin is going saggy now yes I new before I started I would get saggy skin but didn't expect to lose it this fast thought I could help tone it up a little as going along with exercise... phoned bariatric team and they are seeing me Friday as an emergency to see what's going on I'm living off water or nas squash as protein drinks giving me sickness and the craps!!! Hash tag loving life feeling depressed lol
So glad your going to see them! Sending huge hugs sweetheart xx

Hi there
I am trying not to fixate on this being my last month of ordinary eating - well as ordinary as my 52 years has been. As I like to plan ahead I have been reading diaries and taking on board ideas to make the post op period easier, esp as I want to recuperate in the sun! Well done on the food choices/diet - do you think you will still use SW after your op? I would love to be a sneak and join up and be Loser of the Week/Month/Year without telling them how!!
Yes, it somewhat befuddles me that I was told off (for want of a better term) for only losing 20 lbs since November. I know and fully understand that we have to show out commitment to the programme and changing our relationship with food but if we didn't all have problems with that, we wouldn't be there in the first place.
I watched two very interesting programmes last week - one was 'Super Slimmers - Did they really keep the weight off?'. If you get a chance go back and watch it as it has some really interesting info/research on weight loss, metabolic rate etc. the other one was the 6th programme on BBC2 Hospital programme. They looked at the bariatric team at St Mary's in London. Some amazing statistics on the number of ops they have been able to do due to the current NHS bed crisis, the waiting lists etc. What was heartening to hear was a psychiatrist in their MDT meeting refer to obesity as a disease.
Fingers crossed that you get on with Mr Jain okay. He doesn't get my sarcastic quips so I will try to keep them to myself next time I see him especially as that will be on the morning of my op!!
SJ xx

Hi Louise
Firstly how are you feeling and secondly what was the outcome of the barium swallow? What did it show and more importantly what are they going to do to help you?
Hoping that it was a positive hospital visit and that some counselling and support has been forthcoming.
SJ xx

Hi Louise
Firstly how are you feeling and secondly what was the outcome of the barium swallow? What did it show and more importantly what are they going to do to help you?
Hoping that it was a positive hospital visit and that some counselling and support has been forthcoming.
SJ xx
Hi ya I'm not digesting like i should be so it's not in my head like I was telling them. Got to go back in a couple of weeks gave me some medication to try first to see if that helps if not go back and they will go from there but very happy it showed something as it wasn't in my head and because it's not digesting it's building up in my oesophagus which is why I'm constantly sick xx

That's awful who ever told everyone your business needs a talking too. Its nothing to be ashamed of but its your private life. Wow you have lost loads dropping all them clothing sizes!!! Have you got better with your fear of food? Xxx
Finally found out what is actually wrong so once it's sorted I should start being able to get over that fear of food but I'm being referred to see a counsellor so that should help to xx

@Louisex21 i hope that they give you the help that you need now that they have identified an issue. That must be a big relief that they now believe you that there is an issue.

Back