• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Hi ya I'm not digesting like i should be so it's not in my head like I was telling them. Got to go back in a couple of weeks gave me some medication to try first to see if that helps if not go back and they will go from there but very happy it showed something as it wasn't in my head and because it's not digesting it's building up in my oesophagus which is why I'm constantly sick xx

Hi Louise
I am so glad you now know what the problem is and more importantly they are aware that something is not going properly. The build up in the oesophagus is not nice but if they have found it early in I hope they will sort it out and it won't become a permanent feature. I am hoping that during the bypass they will redesign my oesophagus back to normal size. keep us posted on your next step.
SJ xx

I am glad to hear they are now sorting you out @Louisex21 hope the medication works and you will be able to lose weight at a healthier pace as I know when I'll and that fast it is horrendous. Hopefully you will be back eating and functioning better very soon x

Hi there
I am trying not to fixate on this being my last month of ordinary eating - well as ordinary as my 52 years has been. As I like to plan ahead I have been reading diaries and taking on board ideas to make the post op period easier, esp as I want to recuperate in the sun! Well done on the food choices/diet - do you think you will still use SW after your op? I would love to be a sneak and join up and be Loser of the Week/Month/Year without telling them how!!
Yes, it somewhat befuddles me that I was told off (for want of a better term) for only losing 20 lbs since November. I know and fully understand that we have to show out commitment to the programme and changing our relationship with food but if we didn't all have problems with that, we wouldn't be there in the first place.
I watched two very interesting programmes last week - one was 'Super Slimmers - Did they really keep the weight off?'. If you get a chance go back and watch it as it has some really interesting info/research on weight loss, metabolic rate etc. the other one was the 6th programme on BBC2 Hospital programme. They looked at the bariatric team at St Mary's in London. Some amazing statistics on the number of ops they have been able to do due to the current NHS bed crisis, the waiting lists etc. What was heartening to hear was a psychiatrist in their MDT meeting refer to obesity as a disease.
Fingers crossed that you get on with Mr Jain okay. He doesn't get my sarcastic quips so I will try to keep them to myself next time I see him especially as that will be on the morning of my op!!
SJ xx
Good afternoon, it must be hard not to focus on the eating "normally" I keep eating thing's thinking this is the last time i will have it. Its hard not to think like that for me any ways.
I went to sw last night and lost another lb even tho iv not been for two weeks lol I think I will still go to some groups and will still try to eat the same meals when iv had my op as its all low fat and even tho I won't be eating the same size meals I will still want to stay motivated and why shouldn't we get an award for losing because this will be hard this isn't easy and I will be having to move more and work hard to keep losing so in my eyes I think its fine to keep going to group I have friends there and will be lovely to have the support.
I'm so sickened that he was like that with you its out of line we all need to lose weight and we try and its hard. We wouldn't be there if it was easy and clearly you have tried if he tells me I haven't lost enough Il hit him on the head with the massive bar of chocolate in my bag haha joking!
I will have a look on catch up see if I can find them and watch them today thank you.
I have been doing the same reading ppls diary's and following stories its a great insite to experience but also a little frightening.
I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Jain Im just hoping he will give me my op asap as I'm struggling with my condition and fed up of not working because of it. Fingers crossed xx

Hi ya I'm not digesting like i should be so it's not in my head like I was telling them. Got to go back in a couple of weeks gave me some medication to try first to see if that helps if not go back and they will go from there but very happy it showed something as it wasn't in my head and because it's not digesting it's building up in my oesophagus which is why I'm constantly sick xx
Omg that's great news they can now help sort it. Not great there is a problem but its great that you have finally got some kind of answer. Have they put you on Creon to help digest your food? X

Finally found out what is actually wrong so once it's sorted I should start being able to get over that fear of food but I'm being referred to see a counsellor so that should help to xx
I'm so happy they are going to help you this is awful to go through a this and them not help till now.
One step at a time in the right direction xx

Thank you.. how are you xx
I'm not to bad I gained a few lbs since I went to hospital appointment but been losing that now lost a lb this week without trying but I'm back to losing weight now I have my appointment on 16th march with my surgeon so need to lose more weight.
Its slowly dawning on me my op probably won't be till June July which is ages away I'm struggling with my condition and being home but I shouldn't complain your going through so much. I'm just frustrated with being home all the time.
Apart from that I'm good lol. Did you get a meal plan or something to help you not be so sick? Xx

Well I'm very excited to say since being on this medication I ate a whole egg today and kept it down and no pain I'm so bloody chuffed it's such a massive step fluid today has been very good and can't wait to eat another egg tomorrow lol can you believe I'm overly excited about a egg haha xx thank you everyone xx

I'm glad they found something on swallowmtest Louise xxx I've been thinking about you xxx make sure they help you now and then upwards and onwards xxxx lots of hugs xx

Well I'm very excited to say since being on this medication I ate a whole egg today and kept it down and no pain I'm so bloody chuffed it's such a massive step fluid today has been very good and can't wait to eat another egg tomorrow lol can you believe I'm overly excited about a egg haha xx thank you everyone xx
Omg!!!!!! This is amazing!!!!! Well I have never known anyone be so excited about an egg but I'm so so happy for you wahooooooo xxxx

I'm glad they found something on swallowmtest Louise xxx I've been thinking about you xxx make sure they help you now and then upwards and onwards xxxx lots of hugs xx

Omg!!!!!! This is amazing!!!!! Well I have never known anyone be so excited about an egg but I'm so so happy for you wahooooooo xxxx
. Feeling really good about it all now. It's been hard but you do get there eventually I can see light at the end of the tunnel now and I can start getting the protein in so onwards and upwards and thanks ladies. I'm eggcited about it all haha.. xxx

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC Louise - and may many more eggs pass that way without trouble. It must be such a relief to eat something without pain, sickness or discomfort. Hope its onwards and upwards for you now.
SJ xx

It will get easier every day so glad the medication is working xx

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC Louise - and may many more eggs pass that way without trouble. It must be such a relief to eat something without pain, sickness or discomfort. Hope its onwards and upwards for you now.
SJ xx

It will get easier every day so glad the medication is working xx
Awe thank you..I've eaten 2 eggs today and 4 tablespoons of corned beef mashed to death and that went down fine but corned beef has protein so thought I would try it and went down really well. I'm feeling so good and been taking my anti sickness religiously aswel to help but I'm just feeling really well at the minute xx

. Feeling really good about it all now. It's been hard but you do get there eventually I can see light at the end of the tunnel now and I can start getting the protein in so onwards and upwards and thanks ladies. I'm eggcited about it all haha.. xxx
Pahahaha love it that's eggcelent!! Lol so pleased for you xx

Hiya hun yes its worried me to as I have a condition that could get worse after surgery. I will talk to the surgeon and see what he thinks as I don't want to go home and get poorly. Its frightening enough without that worry. X
Hi i know x i had my pre op on 23rd February and they said it's routine to get home next day and also they said they want us walking after couple of hours after surgery so good luck to us x

Hi ladies, I had my pre op appoitment on 23rd February I met 3 other ladies that r having surgery on the same day as me so that was really good to know i will c familiar faces on the day. We had a group meeting with a nurs to talk about details of the surgery. We have been given sharp boxes because as it turns out we need to have an injection b4 surgery that we have to do ourselves and additional 20 injections 1 each on 20 days after surgery. All medication will be dissolvable and we will get a slow realise pain patch. On the discharge from hospital we will get a packed medication that will last for a month and than GP will continue to prescribe it. I was told we will be discharge home next day after surgery and walking around hospital couple hours after the surgery. Also supricing for me was that after the surgery we don't do milk diet. I was thinking 2 weeks b4 operation and to 2weeks after but no. After surgery we have to keep liquid diet but we can eat soup, custard, yoghurt, angle delight and milk slim fast sugar free drinks oxo etc. I can send u some pictures of diet plan for after the surgery if u like and if u got any questions do not hesitate to ask. My addmisions is 11 am on 14 March so I was told my op will be anytime between 1.30pm ut 5pm and they want me up by 9pm and walking around hospital so good luck to me. On the assessment my BP was bit high too so I have to have it checked with GP if it was only because I was stressed. I have it checked already and it's ok now so I have to keep calm on the day and keep my fingers crossed that they don't cancel my operation as it may happen if my BP will be to high so keep calm and carry on with the operation

So pleased they have sorted the problem Louise. How is everyone else doing, particularly Angeline as I know you had 3 surgeries as well.

Best of luck Anna, here's hoping everything goes smoothly.

The food seems to be going OK for me, now 8 weeks post surgery. I've been over ambitious a couple of times which has made me feel uncomfortable but I quickly learned to recognise what my new stomach was telling me so I'm managing OK. I still have an open wound that is being dressed with a drain pouch but it is gradually healing. I've already lost quite a bit of weight but my stomach is still so sore and swollen I'm not really appreciating it yet. I'll be really glad when I can do a bit more without getting exhausted, so much for exercise for the time being, climbing one flight of stairs is all I can do right now.

Back