• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JennaMeri's Sleeve Journey

My sister had her baby last night! So now Chloe has a new baby cousin! :) Donovan James was born at 19:03 and weighed in at 9 lbs 7 oz! :) Can't wait to meet him this summer!!

Bloody hell that's a late Christmas Turkey lol xxx Make smy granddaughter seem even smaller lol xx Lovely news xxx

LOL! Makes Chloe seem even smaller as well! Van's completely skipped 0-3 months clothes!

I remember big Babies not quite as cute as the littler ones lol congrats to your sister

Chloe goes in for her very first x-ray today. Have to make sure her clicky hip isn't anything to be concerned about. So many early firsts for this little one!

Oh my what a week! Chloe's been horrible at nights... not her fault really as it's trapped wind. But only at night. She's fine releasing it during the day. Doesn't help that all of your systems slow down at night, so if she has a SLIGHT problem during the day (she does get grumbly when she needs to pass wind during the day), then at night a slight problem becomes huge. She starts screaming at about 7-8pm and doesn't stop until she's exhausted herself, but even then she grumbles (painfully) in her sleep. Pretty sure that's the reason she won't sleep upstairs as well... it's not the room or something different we're doing, but the fact that she's just bloody uncomfortable and being in her moses basket is a slight comfort 'cause that's where she sleeps all day. We've got her on soya milk (just in case she's lactose intolerant), we tried the colief, but that didn't seem to do anything to help with the wind. We had been using Infacol, which seemed to be working, but nights were still pretty bad. Health visitor will be here tomorrow morning, so we're definitely going to have a good chat about it.
We took Chloe to London on Friday, had to go to the US Embassy to register her birth and apply for her passport, social security number and her US citizenship. Still haven't recovered from that trip. We got colder than we thought we had and it was an hour walk from the train station to the embassy, so loads of walking... and I wore Chloe, so there was that extra weight. So tired, and SO glad I don't have to be going to work as well. Feel bad for Hubby, except his job is a desk job, so not too strenuous.
We also had Hubby's sister's birthday tea last Thursday, so it was Chloe's first time going to Nanny and Grandad's house. She was SO overwhelmed. Her cousins are just smitten with her, but it also happened to be about the time of day when she gets grumbly, so she just got very overstimulated while we were there as every one is so loud and in your face. :(
I can technically drive again starting tomorrow, so I'm going to start taking her to some of the community groups. Can't believe she's a month old tomorrow! It's gone by so quick (except for the night times)!
Haven't had any exercise this week, and it's showed on the scale. Gained 1.2 lbs this week. I'm not as upset by it as I normally would be, but definitely need to get on the exercise wagon soon. Just wish we could figure out Chloe's sleeping as that would make it a lot easier to know when I had time to do it and when she would be awake.
Think I might take a nap before lunch. Hope every one is well!

Chloe got us First Class seats on the train to London. ;)

ForumRunner_20150208_113943.jpg

Gosh sounds like she's super unsettled at night it's a shame the colief didn't work when ari was colicky ppl couldn't recommend it enough!
The only other thing I can think to try is use a combination of infacol and gripe water?? Ari still has to have two pippets of infacol per feed!
Other than that in the evening try tummy time or try laying her on her front for her evening nap in her basket as it's supposed to aid their digestion so might help with the wind!
Other than that change her bottles doctor Browns bottles have helped ari so so much!
Didn't do any exercise this week what do you call an hours walk there and back from the train station lol!

LOL... yeah I suppose I did do some exercise. :p

Dan's afraid to put her on her tummy to sleep... but I might have to try it as we've tried everything else we can think of! I've been reading a few sites and a lot of people have said how when they changed from tommee tippee to dr browns bottles things improved a lot... so might have to give those a try. We're still giving the Infacol as well. It just sucks watching her be in such pain and not being able to do anything about it. Dan gets so distraught over it. :(

Try a tummy massage with a bit of lavender oil, put her on her back and do circular movements on her chest and tummy it might help, with pain and relaxation.

U can definitely try a nap on her front in the evening. You can watch her to make sure she's ok. Dr Browns bottles definitely help x

My daughter was like that - I used to massage her tummy with baby oil before bed.

So I FINALLY had my yearly review with my surgeon (only about 2 months late). Took Chloe in with me (he asked me to). Apparently Tonic (who I had my surgery through) has never had a baby born within the first year of someone having surgery, so they've nicknamed her Baby Tonic. lol She got a bit of a fuss from all the ladies there. :D
My stomach has stretched (naturally from being pregnant), so I need to really work on the psychological side of things and only eat off tea plates and concentrate on just how much I'm eating and try not to snack. These things are quite difficult with Baby around, so I need to find more things to do with her OUTSIDE. Just glad the weather is starting to get a bit better now. Also need to be seriously conscious about what I'm drinking. I rarely go for water and will quite willingly go for fizzy, fizzy, fizzy every time. :sigh:

In other news: Went on a holiday to Wales this past weekend to visit Dreamer and Baby Aria. It was a fun weekend that involved some REALLY REALLY nice food! lol Definitely need to get back on the wagon now though. ;) We went to the Anglesey Sea Zoo, a farm and took Chloe out for a meal for the first time. I may have ended up sticking her under the table. lol If it let's me, I'll post pictures! I had roasted chicken with mushroom risotto and a spinach and hazelnut sauce... it was beautiful! :eatdrink023: I may have eaten it a bit quickly. lol The weather didn't cooperate very nicely, but it was still a nice visit! Now it's back to reality and getting ready for my mom to visit for a couple of weeks.

Hope every one else is well! :)

Chloe (left) and her new friend Aria. :D
ForumRunner_20150309_160325.jpg

I put Chloe under the table at lunch. lol
ForumRunner_20150309_160353.jpg

So my mother has been here for a week... she was supposed to come and help me out to get a routine for Chloe. We do now have a bedtime routine for her, and she is now sleeping in her own bed for most naps and nighttime (so MAJOR improvement), but my mother has been sleeping most of the time she's been here. Her doctor changed her medication just before she came and while it's working, it's making her visit more of a really expensive nap away from home. Kind of a disappointment really. :( She's not spending nearly as much time with Chloe as I know she wanted to and Hubby and I now don't feel like we can go out for our anniversary cause she falls asleep randomly. Don't want to leave Chloe with her if she's going to fall asleep while holding her or not hear her when she's crying. So we'll have to see if Hubby's mum will watch her for a bit so we can go to dinner or something next week.

ForumRunner_20150319_052750.jpg
Chloe decided she's a big girl now and can sit up without my help.

ForumRunner_20150319_052823.jpg
But then we still like cuddles with Mummy during nap time.

ForumRunner_20150319_052900.jpg
My first Mum's Day gift and card. lol

Back