• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JennaMeri's Sleeve Journey

And AMAZEBALLS on the 10lb to go! I now have roughly 12 to go providing what I've lost so far this week sticks it out to Wednesday!

Sweet!! :D You're doing SOOO well!! Proud of you! :)

Thank you am proud of you too! We will smash this together! Has ur belly changed shape do u think post c section? Mines Defo changed!

Thank you am proud of you too! We will smash this together! Has ur belly changed shape do u think post c section? Mines Defo changed!

It's a bit more lopsided than it was... but I *think* the flab is still roughly the same size as that part of my tummy didn't actually get any bigger during pregnancy.

That's fab I think my overhang is bigger! I've had one for so many years how the hell do u get rid of them?

That's fab I think my overhang is bigger! I've had one for so many years how the hell do u get rid of them?

Only thing I can think of is surgery. :( But I'm going to try tummy toning once my incision heals a bit more. The rash has irritated it so it's split open a bit. :(

Have you been checked for infection? If there's a strong smell (that's not just metallic) from the bleeding and you have a bad rash, would this be across the wound or is it further down? It's worth seeing the GP.

Have you been checked for infection? If there's a strong smell (that's not just metallic) from the bleeding and you have a bad rash, would this be across the wound or is it further down? It's worth seeing the GP.

I have the health visitor coming on Monday. Gonna have Hubby look at it properly today as I really can't see the area very well. I was thinking infection, but my midwife was only here on Thursday and had a look but just said to keep it dry by either using bandages or sanitary towels pressed against it. All that did was make it itchy and looks like tiny areas of the incision are popping open. :( The rash itself is below the area of the incision so while they're connected, they're not actually the same. I'm jist now having horror visions of what happened to my mother after she had her excess skin removed. She ended up with a huge hole in her stomach that just oozed a green puss for months amd her scars are horrendous. :( It's scary.

A trip to out of hours GP wouldn't go amiss if you're worried as Monday is a long time to wait in discomfort. Has it gotten any worse in feel since Thursday? It's very common and lots of women do get this. It might be different round your area, as each place is, but health visitors can't look at wounds or stitches locally and if a MW suspects there is an infection they send women to the GP as they can't prescribe antibiotics.

I hear your worry, my sister lives with an open wound from a botched hernia op which 5yrs down the line she still has to pack. I've never known anyone have to do that after a csection. Itching is normal and will drive you to distraction but leaking, redness, smell etc need to be looked at.

It hasn't been too bad today really and Hubby says the redness seems to have gone down, so I'll do what I've done today and see about a sit and wait appointment on Monday just in case. Hubby will still be home so I won't need to worry about taking Chloe in with me to just sit there. Thanks for the advice! :)

Hi Jennameri

I have not had the op yet but I do get the moist area under the skin folds. What I do is shower, dry off (I tend to sit with a towel underneath me then one on my front but tucked into the folds such as under boobs, under belly, etc. I realise this will probably be difficult for you with the baby!!). I then put Savlon or other cream and rub it into the sore bits then put talc on it. It usually clears quite well and only takes that one application or two at the most. I get a cheesy smell with it when it flares up.

Debbie

Hi Jennameri

I have not had the op yet but I do get the moist area under the skin folds. What I do is shower, dry off (I tend to sit with a towel underneath me then one on my front but tucked into the folds such as under boobs, under belly, etc. I realise this will probably be difficult for you with the baby!!). I then put Savlon or other cream and rub it into the sore bits then put talc on it. It usually clears quite well and only takes that one application or two at the most. I get a cheesy smell with it when it flares up.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie! I used to do something similar, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to put creams and powders on that area yet as my incision hasn't quite healed all the way. Will definitely try it once it has though! :) G'Luck with your procedure when you have it... I would do it again in a heartbeat! :)

If you are allowed to use creams I would go for conotrane it is cheap and effective its what they use for bedsores and that is really all the sweat rash/sore is. I know I used to suffer with it lisk of my legs and under boobs it really is good stuff but you need to check you are ok to use with your wound x

If you are allowed to use creams I would go for conotrane it is cheap and effective its what they use for bedsores and that is really all the sweat rash/sore is. I know I used to suffer with it lisk of my legs and under boobs it really is good stuff but you need to check you are ok to use with your wound x

I'm going to have a word with my midwife and see. It's not the most pleasant situation, but I've been in worse so just trying to get it sorted as best I can. :) Definitely more incentive to save for skin removal though!

So today is weigh day. Since last Sunday I'm down 9.8 lbs! I only have 6.8 lbs to go before I'm at my lowest. Quite pleased with how it's going. Now if only Chloe would settle into a routine we'd be right as rain! She's being grumbly today and a bit of an upset tummy. Had a nappy blowout that actually hit the wall! And got all over Mummy in the process. Ugh! lol Gonna have a low key day today, so hopefully she'll calm down some. Hope all is well with everyone! :)

Found old passport photos of mine from when I got my British passport done a year and a half ago. I can now say that I do indeed see a difference. lol

ForumRunner_20150125_115905.jpg

LOL! Thanks... that would put me at 17 again. :p

We got the first of Chloe's professional photos delivered today! Now just need to decide where to hang it! :)

ForumRunner_20150126_135611.jpg

Back