• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

freddysmum (karen) journey

freddysmum

Hi everyone

Well here I am its time I started my diary..

Well I'm 47, mum to 4... 28.. 7...24 and 8

I've had a interesting life been married 3 times....first hubby violent second one unfaithful....both of these were over by the time I was thirty....I did think I was going to stay single til I met Steve... my toy boy...(5 years younger) and he swept me of my feet..

As a child I was so under weight...I spent hours eating my tea etc and as a teenager I was OK...maybe a little bigger than most but not much...when I was 17 I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and that's when my weight problem started.. I was suddenly not allowed certain foods so I swapped them for what I could have event though before I didn't eat much of the things I couldn't...since then my weight has yoyoed up and down but I never got bellow15 stone...and now 30 years later after trying all the diets with a modicum of success I now at my heaviest...

I went to the doctors and explained and he referred me straight to t3 as up here that show it works..I've had my initial meeting and my first group meeting and I looking forward to getting the next 6 months over so I can move onto t4.
I am looking forward to getting to know you all as we all go on our journeys but I would especially live to get to know local people I can get to know and support each other...or hear from people who have had their surgery in Darlington or who will be having it there

Hugs

Karen xxx

Hi Karen I had a bypass but had it at Sunderland. Where do you live I LIVE NEAR BISHOP AUCKLAND. where do you live? xxxx

Welcome Karen good luck with your journey, I'm bypassed 10 October 2014, good site lists of advice.

Well I've been in the system just over a week.. Had my first weigh in and lost a kilo of my 5-10 kg I have to lose ... I feel like things will move so slowly but I'm sure the 6 months on t3 I have to do will go quickly even though July seems so far away ... I can't wait to get there so I can get to t4 and find out how long a wait I have then... I'm so impatient but I suppose I've been like I am for 30 years...so waiting a bit longer won't hurt ... Hope you all have a fabulous day and thanks for taking the time to read my diary xxx

Well I'm on week 3 of t3 ... Started my group therapy sessions... It went really well and I've met some lovely local people..I can't wait to get to the stage of meeting surgeon etc and knowing I am on t4.... It seems so far away but I think it should be in just over 5 months...my loses up to now have been 2lb then 1lb... Slow and steady but I will get there... I want this so very much

Karen xx

I'm just about on the same time line as you. I start Tier 3 the week after next. Nervous, anxious, excited, you name it.

Do they discuss the road to surgery at all with you and what you will have to do to get there ? Or is that something they wait to discuss towards the end of the Tier 3 program?

Anyway, good luck to you! Can't wait to properly join in the discussions and share/compare stories.

Hi American mum... Where abouts do you live and what hospital are you under.. Up to now all we have talked about is portion sizes healthy choices and had some physc stuff .ive got all my ideas and decisions from reading in here... Good luck to you and keep in touch xx

Hi American mum... Where abouts do you live and what hospital are you under.. Up to now all we have talked about is portion sizes healthy choices and had some physc stuff .ive got all my ideas and decisions from reading in here... Good luck to you and keep in touch xx

I'm in Portsmouth. The Tier 3 program is at St Marys Hospital and surgeries take place at Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Your group sounds like everything I've been discussing with my dietician since October. Wish we could just wave a wand and get to the surgery part. But I understand the need for the program. It's a lot of NHS money they're investing in us and we need to prove it will be a good return in preventing costly diseases.

I know what you mean... If I could have the operation tomorrow I would... But I think at Darlington it's about a year from start to finish... Fingers crossed so hopefully just after next Christmas it's my turn... I really want a bypass or sleeve... But will have to see what they offer ...xx

Week 4 done and another pound lose... I need this 5-10kg to come of and stay of to show my dedication...I really don't think I will have done very well this week when I go on Wednesday... It's been lovely meal for Valentine's Day... (Meal for 3 we had our 8 year old with us)... Lol...I've made a chocolate cake piñata ..hubby away tomorrow for 2 days and that's when I pick the most and because he's away I can't go to my Monday night Pilates class.. Oh hum... Anyway onwards and downwards... Hugs to you all

Karen xxxx

I know what you mean... If I could have the operation tomorrow I would... But I think at Darlington it's about a year from start to finish... Fingers crossed so hopefully just after next Christmas it's my turn... I really want a bypass or sleeve... But will have to see what they offer ...xx

You'll be surprised at just how fast that year will go. I thought it would take forever and at times I thought it would never come but I remember going to hospital to be admitted feeling like it had come round so quick and felt a bit freaked out and unprepared :)

Back