• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

freddysmum (karen) journey

freddysmum

Well I'm 3 months into my journey towards surgery and I'm not doing well at the weight loss needed... Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to steadily lose the weight.. Ive only been good at losing fast then putting back on... But slowly in struggling with... I really don't want to mess this up and I need to lose another 5 kgs in the next 3 months ...

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Karen xx

mouse57

Hi I think you just need to loose it slowly because that's how it will stay of, it is hard when it only a pound here and there but you have to remember is its of and not on. Make sure you eat three meals a day don't miss breakfast and drink plenty of fluids. Keep at it because your turn will be here before you know it :)

Jacwat

Thanks mouse... I've split my meals into 6 smaller meals to hopefully stop me picking...today is day one x

Good luck, the only thing that works well for me is cutting out the carbs and increasing my water intake. This is good for post op too as increasing the protein is important. Hope it works
Jackie
x

Jacwat

Thanks Jackie... I really want this and don't want to mess it up x

I know how you feel. I have my endoscopy this Friday and I am now really frightened as have been away for the weekend and managed to put on 4 lb so desperately trying to lose that. Terrified I will turn up on Friday and they will refuse me surgery due to these 4 lbs :cry:

freddysmum

I'm sure you will be fine... A friend of mine has been on her journey for 2 years because of various things .. She went to see surgeon and was 1kg above what he said but he's was good and said she would loose it and told her she would get the op may/June... Where are you getting surgery and how long have you been waiting xx

Jacwat

I'm sure you will be fine... A friend of mine has been on her journey for 2 years because of various things .. She went to see surgeon and was 1kg above what he said but he's was good and said she would loose it and told her she would get the op may/June... Where are you getting surgery and how long have you been waiting xx

Hi
I am at Sunderland. I will get a date for surgery following my endoscopy on Friday so hoping it will be in April. I had my initial seminar in October so although I feel its been a long time it hasn't at all. Cant wait. I feel my whole life has been on hold since I got referred. x

kurstywursty

FM the only way I seem to loss weight is to cut out the carbs. The only pitfall to this is that when you start having them the pounds pile on quickly. I lost 15lbs in 10 days on my pre op diet by eating no carb foods ie no potato rice pasta peas carrotts biscuits cake or sugars. It was tough but very effective. Good luck xx

freddysmum

Thanks kurstywursty ... I love carbs but that what got me to this??. Think I will have to re assess my diet ???

freddysmum

Hi kurstywursty... I'm doing ok... Trying to lose the weight on t3 is going slowly but I will get there..got a hen party to York next weekend though and a fancy afternoon tea the weekend after .. ? ... Had an epiphany yesterday and feel motivated now... So hopefully things will move now... I have made some lovely friends in the t3 group.., how are you xx

kurstywursty

Total weight stall. But I'm not doing the work so can't complain :-( You only get out what you put in to this process But I stay on the forum as it is inspirational to see the others doing so amazingly xxx
Sounds like a fab weekend. Enjoy x