• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimpip's Sleeve Jan'14

You look amazing! Such a perfect bump!! xx

You look brill! Not been on here for ages and nice to see you doing so well Hun :) x

Hey everyone...just a quick update. I'm 36 + 2 weeks pregnant now...less than 4 weeks to go! Everything is all good I think, although at my last growth scan at 34 weeks his growth had slowed down a bit, so although I wasn't due another scan, they've booked me in at 37 weeks for one last one. So that is next Monday morning, hoping everything is ok, I'm sure it is!

We've pretty much got everything ready now...few last bits to get but if he turns up tomorrow (please don't Caleb lol) then we'd be ok.

Here's the latest photos of my evergrowing belly :) xxx

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 96
Yaaay! Excited for you guys! :)

Looking good there radiant and blossoming

Thanks everyone. I had my midwife's appointment today, belly is measuring bang on and heartbeat is good. Loosely discussed birth plan too, general idea is to go with the flow...open to pain relief and whatever else, just so long as i get immediate skin to skin if baby is healthy to do so and delayed cord clamping. Guy to cut the cord.

I'm so excited now. Although the idea of birth is scary, especially as a couple of my friends have had horrific births recently, I'm just overwhelmingly excited to meet my little one now. I did a load of 'baby washing' today and it literally melted my heart. Soppy I know.

Weighed today and am 15st5lbs. That's a 1st7lbs gain overall (although 2lbs of that was what I lost in the first trimester, so kind of 1st5lbs which sounds better haha). All of my friends who have given birth of late lost 1st in childbirth...so lets say in the next 3 weeks or so I put on another half a stone or so, then hopefully lose a stone ish on childbirth it should theoretically mean I will have a stone to lose post birth to get back to what I was. I'm really happy with that :) some ladies I know have put on 3 or 4 stone during their pregnancy and I think I would have found that mentally very tricky.

Can't wait for this next phase of my life...yes even the sleepless nights and pooey nappies, because they are MY baby's cries and pooey nappies. Bring it on! X

Well Helloooooooo,

He's here, baby Caleb is finally here! He made me wait mind you, I had to be induced at 41+5 and gave birth at 41+6. I don't know whether anybody would be interested in my birth story so I'll do a very short version...

Went in last Thursday, had 2 pessaries, then Guy had to go home as I was on the ward and visitors have to leave at 9pm. Started seriously contracting at midnight ish, waters went at 12.50am, wasn't allowed Guy back in so went right through until 9am on my own, on a ward, trying not to wake anybody else while I contracted every 2-3 mins! By 10am I was 5cm, went through to delivery suite at 10.30 and soon enough was checked again and was 8-9cm, no time for any pain relief so just used gas and air. I didn't find it helped at all with the pain, but gave me a focus. Ended up needed forceps as baby wasn't happy, his heartbeat kept seriously dropping. Was all a rush and a panic and very frightening. He arrived after an episiotomy and the forceps at 13.55 on 4th September weighing 8lb4ozs. He was perfectly healthy and didn't need any intervention at all, unlike my bits which took an hour to stitch up as the episiotomy tore into a very bad right vaginal wall tear (sorry I said i'd leave out the gory details lol). All worth while though!!

Just a few days post partum I am 4lbs less than what i started the pregnancy at. Can't moan about that can I? Haha, I'm now 13st10, goal weight is still 12st5 so got 1st5 to lose and do you know what, it seems manageable. Now to give myself a focus...my wedding!!! I can't remember if I told you ladies but we've booked the wedding for next May so nice and slow does the job :) I hope to wear a size 14 wedding dress, I'm a 16 now in almost everything, maybe some trousers might be an 18 depending on the fit!

How is everyone? Any goss? What have I missed? X

The nights without Dan there with me were the WORST! And I wasn't contracting. lol

You did amazing hun, and he's absolutely adorable! Still can't believe it's been a week already!

1st5 is totally manageable! Just don't do like me and make the baby your new excuse to have chocolate and crisps all you want. ;)

All the best to you! And happy wedding planning!!! :D Still send us an invite, we'll send you something! :D

I forgot to add a photo!!! Here's my gorgeous boy with my gorgeous man. Apologies for how the photos have attached, not sure how I managed that haha xx

IMG_0559.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9507.jpg
    IMG_9507.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 58
Congratulations!! He's gorgeous xxxx

Congrats he is such a cutie

Back