• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

Hi everyone.

I had a great nights sleep back in my own bed last night.

Breakfast: Natural yoghurt & pure orange juice smoothie.
Snack: 200ml S/S milk + 500ml water.
Lunch: Beef + tomato cuppa soup with 25g grated cheese.
Snack: 200ml S/S milk + 500ml water.
Dinner: Beef + tomato cuppa soup with 25g grated cheese.
Supper: Snack: 200ml S/S milk + 500ml water.

Hey, I am exactly the same position. ( days left on puree and finding it so difficult. I have just demolished a M and S mini meal, shepherds pie and it was lush and I managed it no bother! Feel really guilty though!

I find it all has a slimy texture. Yuk!!! So I'm still really only eating yoghurt, jelly. I have really mashed up potato, beans, and cheese and chewed it really well. But get some slight pain when going down so maybe not quite ready. ??

Hi, just wondered how all the Junies are doing.....My first week after surgery i had a massive weight loss of 14 lbs but in the next 2 weeks i haven't lost a single ounce.
I'm still on puree / soft diet and managing about 500 calories a day, i'm also drinking about 1.5 litres of water a day, i can't understand how i'm losing nothing. i keep thinking i'm going to be a failure and stay fat forever !!! has this hapened to anyone else ?
xxx

Hi. No you are not alone! My weight loss is underwhelming also! My op was 10th June. On day of op I was 17 5. Had a sleeve. Came out 25 hours later and was 18 3 - assume 5 bags of IV fluids sloshing about! Now I am 16 11. So in 18 days I've lost 8lbs. My team insist on 4 weeks fluids, 4 weeks purée and 4 weeks mash - so it's not for the food I am having. That said, I am happy. I am not hungry. I was driving after 6 days. Worked at 12 days and feel fine x

Ahhh Thanks Debs, i can only assume we will start to lose when everything is back to normal and eating proper meals again.
Or maybe its just that i want everything like yesterday lol xxx

Hi, just wondered how all the Junies are doing.....My first week after surgery i had a massive weight loss of 14 lbs but in the next 2 weeks i haven't lost a single ounce. I'm still on puree / soft diet and managing about 500 calories a day, i'm also drinking about 1.5 litres of water a day, i can't understand how i'm losing nothing. i keep thinking i'm going to be a failure and stay fat forever !!! has this hapened to anyone else ? xxx

Lots of people experience a stall or slow weight loss in the early days. If you are sticking to the rules it will all fall in place soon enough. One of the reasons I haven't weighed yet. I think we all suspect failure but thats our heads messing us up. Take care and heal well. :)

Hi, just wondered how all the Junies are doing.....My first week after surgery i had a massive weight loss of 14 lbs but in the next 2 weeks i haven't lost a single ounce.
I'm still on puree / soft diet and managing about 500 calories a day, i'm also drinking about 1.5 litres of water a day, i can't understand how i'm losing nothing. i keep thinking i'm going to be a failure and stay fat forever !!! has this hapened to anyone else ?
xxx

Hi Pauline
What a fantastic weight loss your 1st week! It is normal to have a stall. I have lost 16lb since my op on the 2nd June but have lost nothing in the last week. Going onto soft foods now but yo be honest don't seem to be able to eat a great deal except yoghurts!

Keep going, it will happen. I think we all think that we will be THAT person that the op doesn't work for! Xxx

Hi Pauline What a fantastic weight loss your 1st week! It is normal to have a stall. I have lost 16lb since my op on the 2nd June but have lost nothing in the last week. Going onto soft foods now but yo be honest don't seem to be able to eat a great deal except yoghurts! Keep going, it will happen. I think we all think that we will be THAT person that the op doesn't work for! Xxx

Hi Jackie, have you tried Readybrek for breakfast? I find it as easy as yogurt. I always add a little extra milk for the protein.

I found yesterday really hard. Head hunger and for some reason didn't feel the restriction as previous days. I managed s 1000 calories and that was a battle, I just wanted to eat all day. Weird.

Hi Ladies.:grouphugg:
Today is my ONE WEEK anniversary. :birthday:"Happy birthday to meeeeee!":birthday:
I'm one of the lucky ones. No pain since Friday, been out on my motorcycle today to feel the wind rush through my beard and I get weighed on Wednesday when my GP checks my laparoscopic incisions. All my old clothes are already falling off my hips. Looking forward to summer for a change!:party0049:

Hi Ladies.:grouphugg: Today is my ONE WEEK anniversary. :birthday:"Happy birthday to meeeeee!":birthday: I'm one of the lucky ones. No pain since Friday, been out on my motorcycle today to feel the wind rush through my beard and I get weighed on Wednesday when my GP checks my laparoscopic incisions. All my old clothes are already falling off my hips. Looking forward to summer for a change!:party0049:

Happy weekiversary Wayne :D. It all sounds very positive. Wish it was summer here humpf. ;)

So what are people who are on mash eating? How are we all? X

Mash eating lol. Am pn puree sort of because my provide allows for other stuff along with puree. Going OK so far, was getting boring but trying to introduce new tastes.

Yeah I have date for my surgery 7th August 5 weeks not long at all

Well done, it will race by believe me, am 20 days post op and not sure where the time went.

Day 20. Another 8 days of liquids for me. My team have 28 days on liquids. Sadly!

Feel for you, Id be eating my feet.

How's all the Junies doing? Everyone gone very quiet. Hope you all being happy losers! xx

Back