• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2015 Surgeries

How's all the Junies doing? Everyone gone very quiet. Hope you all being happy losers! xx

Fine here hun. Just had my first set of bloods taken, 4 weeks since op tomorrow. Starting on soft food rather than puree then.

Bought some Centrum chewables today. GP was at a loss as to what I needed. Lol.

Hope you are all fine and that if any of you are struggling please don't do it in silence.

Hugx

Hi Ladies.:grouphugg:
Today is my ONE WEEK anniversary. :birthday:"Happy birthday to meeeeee!":birthday:
I'm one of the lucky ones. No pain since Friday, been out on my motorcycle today to feel the wind rush through my beard and I get weighed on Wednesday when my GP checks my laparoscopic incisions. All my old clothes are already falling off my hips. Looking forward to summer for a change!:party0049:
...been out on the motorcycle...oh what a great idea I might do that tomorrow if I feel up to it! Best get some wear out of those leathers before I have to get new ones! (ever the optimist)

On a serious note congratulations on the weight loss so far.

Fine here hun. Just had my first set of bloods taken, 4 weeks since op tomorrow. Starting on soft food rather than puree then.

Bought some Centrum chewables today. GP was at a loss as to what I needed. Lol.

Hope you are all fine and that if any of you are struggling please don't do it in silence.

Hugx
Hi Chrissy

I am about to get the multi vitamins and from what I can see on here the Centrum Chewables seem to be the best option. Any opinion or any other view from anyone else?

Nick

...been out on the motorcycle...oh what a great idea I might do that tomorrow if I feel up to it! Best get some wear out of those leathers before I have to get new ones! (ever the optimist) On a serious note congratulations on the weight loss so far.

Sounds great Nick, hope you wont be lifting any heavy weight so soon after surgery :p

Hi Chrissy

I am about to get the multi vitamins and from what I can see on here the Centrum Chewables seem to be the best option. Any opinion or any other view from anyone else?

Nick

I have been using centrum chewables for 2 weeks and before that, 2 weeks on the centrum originals. They were recommended at our group session.

Hello all. I'm on my last week of mash before I'm on normal food. I struggle to eat as prefer to drink as so thirsty. I'm not sure how many calories were meant to be having? I go back to the hospital on Thursday and will b weighed for the first time. In abit excited. I'm tired tho but think that down to lack of food. How r u all?

Hello all. I'm on my last week of mash before I'm on normal food. I struggle to eat as prefer to drink as so thirsty. I'm not sure how many calories were meant to be having? I go back to the hospital on Thursday and will b weighed for the first time. In abit excited. I'm tired tho but think that down to lack of food. How r u all?

Ooh good luck for your weigh in on Thursday! What date was your surgery? I am getting about 4-500 calories a day in and still feel really tired! Keep us posted how you get on
Jackie
Xx

Ooh good luck for your weigh in on Thursday! What date was your surgery? I am getting about 4-500 calories a day in and still feel really tired! Keep us posted how you get on
Jackie
Xx

It was the 1st June. I'm maybe having 300 max. I'm going to ask them at the hospital for more info on what I'm ment to b doing. I'm just struggling with the not drinking near food ect. So I just skip the meal for a drink instead.

Has anyone else been bothered with hot flushes..... i wake up all night with them and i get them every time i try and eat or drink, I thought i'd finished with these 10 years ago lol xxx

I am currently eating a minimum of 850 calories a day.. Some days nearer a 1000. My typical day is

Breakfast, 1 ReadyBrek sachet with an extra 10gm of oats with 180ml of ss milk
Lunch, ,50gm sliced chicken tikka with 80gm of Moroccan Couscous, 10gm Feta
Dinner, homemade mince 80gm and mash potato 80gm
Snacks 2 babybel and 2 Dutch Crisp-bakes

Fluid between 1.5 and 2 litres of fruit tea unsweetened

The lunch is the only one that gives me real restriction so theres about 10-20% of it goes on the dog. :).

I cant see how I can get my protein in eating any less.

Heres todays total - I seems to be on double what the rest of you eat :(

Attachments

• image-806563981.jpg
    image-806563981.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
My liquid phase of 4 weeks is the same Chrissy. I am having about 800 or so give or take 150 daily. Adding heap spoonfuls of marvel obviously brings a calorie impact but means I am getting usually 60-90gms of protein. 950 calories compared to the 3000 I was having seems like a substantial change. We are all different and nutritional content is important also. Do be :( xxxx

Hi so got weighed today and have lost 3st 1.5lbs since the 18th may. I'm quite happy with this and all was fine at the appt. I'm not eating to little and should b having around 3-400 calories a day at this stage. :)

Hi so got weighed today and have lost 3st 1.5lbs since the 18th may. I'm quite happy with this and all was fine at the appt. I'm not eating to little and should b having around 3-400 calories a day at this stage. :)

Wow, that's an amazing loss and really reassuring to know that they have said your having the right amount of calories as that is about the same as me! Well done again xx

Amazing weight loss in less than 8 weeks. :)

Interesting you have been given a calorie range. My provider doesn't specify.

Last edited:
Wow, that's an amazing loss and really reassuring to know that they have said your having the right amount of calories as that is about the same as me! Well done again xx

Thanks I'm so glad I'm waited to get weighed was well worth it. :)

Amazing weight loss in less than 8 weeks. :)

Interesting you have been a calorie range. My provider doesn't specify.

No I asked as I was getting dizzy and had read people on here had a amount of calories to follow. I was told not to worry until 12-18months out and I'm prob on 3-400 currently and will work up to 1200 ish by a year.

No I asked as I was getting dizzy and had read people on here had a amount of calories to follow. I was told not to worry until 12-18months out and I'm prob on 3-400 currently and will work up to 1200 ish by a year.

Ah I see. What did they say about the dizziness?

That it was probably blood sugar and a type of dumping. She advised me to eat every 3-4hrs. Like half a yogurt mid morning and the other half in the afternoon.

Hope thats helps you :)

I am sadly on far more that 300-400 calories. During liquid phase it was about 700 and now at puree stage it's about 850 or so I guess. I am a bit worried it's that high but I remember pre of it was 3-4 times that amount :)

Back