• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

''Just accept you're not having surgery and lose the weight yourself''

thanks guys. you do make me chuckle. bags of rice in my bra lol. great tip! Just ridiculous that we have to go to these lengths.

Great idea though!

What disgraceful dr, they should be ashamed of themselfs

massive hugs hun xx

I can't add anything else to what everyone has said but am really sorry that you've had such an awful day. I can't believe that the GP was so insensitive...I'd definately consider complaining to the practice manager!

Good Luck for tomorrow :hug99::hug99:

knowing my luck the bag of rice would split and I'd leave a trail down the hospital corridor.

How dare the doc speak to you like that they think they are gods and cant wait to get you out of the room.Txxxxxs!Get a sock fill it with rice tie a knot in it and shove it down your drawers!They wont know and it may tip you over the bmi limit.I know its cheating but for gods sake that could be the difference between surgery or not for you.Dry your eyes hun have a big tea/supper/breakfast and dont do any number twos!We will beat the bxsxaxds!!! Maz x

Don't put a sock full of rice down your drawers... Put one in each bra cup! Your knickers could fall down, and have as much water to drink as you can before weigh in, a litre of water must weigh at least a 1lb!

As for your gp, here's hoping she never knows major disappointment like you've faced. Complain about her cos she was bang out of order.....

Good luck for tomorrow xx

Im furious on your behalf. rude gp bl**dy rude taxi driver, his face probably resembled the back end of a bus himself!

I'm sorry you've had such a rotten day! That GP was completely out of order. How rude and unprofessional can one be!!
Good luck with the next weigh in. I can't believe they make such a fuss when you're THAT close to the required BMI.

:hug99: Good luck for tomorrow x

Good Luck for today hun xx

Don`t let the b****ds get you down. :p

I echo all previous comments and make sure you have as much added weight as you can muster, because you can`t let `them` beat us!

:massmoon: (Just to show our strength in numbers!)

Hope it all goes in your favour Yorkeagle, and you get the result that you want.

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

OMG ! I would go to another gp one that understands and cares about your well being ! Also you can look around for podiatrist on the internet and call them up you'll see if your a good self advocate things will get done how you want them too I promise I've done it over and over again and I always seem to get my way with those darn doctors. Its your health just remember don't let anyone hinder your from success. I'm sorry to here about that darn taxi too=(
I hope you feel much much better sweets let me know if I can be of any help to you

I'm so sorry to hear of the way you were spoken too, just disgusting!

Glad you have the love of yr dog so completely uncomplicated & totally devoted!

Good luck to day with yr boobs of rice, pockets of 10ps & a bladder full of water!! Go get what you deserve! xx

Hi I'm really sorry that you have a bad time with your GP and the a***hole taxi driver, can you not request to just see the same GP that said you should have surgery? Also I agree with everyone else, make yourself heavier to get past the cut off even though it is ridiculous. I know what you mean about your dog I have 2 labradors and they are happy to see me no matter what I look like or how I feel, keep your chin up and good luck for today, Karen x

Hi, hope all goes well at your appointment today. I've just caught the thread and I can't believe how you've been treated by your GP. I would certainly be having something to say about her attitude and wouldn't hesitate to report her to the practice manager - sit down and put everything in writing, and I'd demand an apology from the GP for upsetting you so much. If you can recall the name of the doctor who was supportive, is it possible to see that person again? If not, is there another surgery that you can switch to that may have more sympathetic doctors? Even though you don't have any co-morbidities now that's no guarantee that you won't develop any in the next couple of years. Surely its better to prevent them developing by giving you the tools that will for sure help you loose weight - the evidence is clearly there that the surgery does work where dieting and exercise may not - they're just not sustainable when you have issues with food. Its a long hard slog when when you've got a considerable amount of weight to lose, I know - I'm 23st 2lbs (put a pound on this week, even though I've been on SW diet ha!!!); and I can't ever see how dieting alone will allow me to lose the 13st I need to to get to a 'reasonable' weight - I've only been trying for the past 40 years!

I wish you well in your fight - even if you have to 'play dirty' and put on a couple of pounds, real or pretend.
Remember you have a load of virtual friends on this forum who will pick you up when you are feeling down, so please don't hesitate to call on us. Sending you lots of love and hugs. Let us know how you get on...

thankyou all so much. I'm nervous as hell about todays appointment. It's at 4pm. I've been up most of the night worrying about it.
But I had good news this morning. The hospital are allowing my dad to go home today. He sounded a lot brighter when I spoke to him on the phone, although I could have done without hearing all the details of his 3 enemas and how they haven't shifted anything yet. The morphine he's on for his pain due to the cancer apparantly causes severe constipation, which has been so painful for him that he's been in hospital all week. Can you beleive that when they decided to give him an enema it took them 6 hours to find one and they had to go to another ward for it? He's just glad to be coming home. I think he's a bit iffy about using the hospital toilet which hasn't helped lol. So I'm taking the dog to see him tomorrow which will cheer him up no end.

oh and I was lucky enough to see the number on the back of the taxi so I rang the council today who issue his licence and reported him for driving too fast and being abusive.

Good for you :D Im pleased to hear you Dad is coming home and Im sure a visit from you and the doggie will cheer him up...It would me :D Good Luck for today, stay calm but assertive (HUGS) XX

Back