• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

''Just accept you're not having surgery and lose the weight yourself''

Awww precious, glad you and Dad will be together... plus your beautiful four legged friend!

Well done on spotting the taxi plate... the plates are there for a reason, to regulate such behaviour and for identification... no need for such ignorance.

Loving hugs precious and get warm and snug all of you over the weekend. xxx

I went to the appointment this afternoon. Funnily enough my bmi has gone up to 50.3! wonder how that happened lol. So there's no need to appeal the pct's decision. Instead, my lovely surgeon is going to put in a new request for funding and as the guidelines state that it's automatically given for bmi's of 50+ they should have no reason to refuse me. I won't believe it til it happens though. But I feel great and am cautiously optimistic. The panel meet once per month so I might just find out before xmas. It would be the best xmas present ever.

After the appointment I was asked if I would see another doctor who is doing research into the post op results of bariatric surgery. He's looking at why some people regain the weight or fail to lose weight at all and whether they have anything in common. So I filled in a survey for him then we chatted for a while. Something of interest to you perhaps is that he told me that 1 in 4 of the people who apply for bariatric surgery suffered abuse as children. It's so sad that people knock us for being fat and having no self control and they really have no idea of the emotional reasons behind it.

So glad it's more optimistic news today and good to hear from you.... well done!

I've heard this type of research before... be interesting to know more... also... the studies that are currently underway regarding bariatric surgery outcomes...

Love and hugs, thanks for keeping in touch and we are with your every step! xxx

Well I didn't catch your first post as I wasn't on last night, although everyone else thoroughly abused those that deserved on it my behalf anyway....catching up on this afternoon's post, pleased to hear you have had a better day...your Dad being allowed home & that your meeting went really well. Some days everything just goes wrong & we are ready to just flip over the edge, but I am pleased you had such a positive meeting...what a change in a day! Fingers crossed for you that it won't be too long before hearing that funding is confirmed & that they muster up a date for you xxxx

Last edited:
So pleased for you that everything worked out well for you today; amazing that your BMI was raised so high, obviously you need surgery, can`t see why they could`nt see that in the first place!

I hope you have wonderful news in time for Christmas, and
you are given the date for your surgery.

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Crossing everything for you to get the funding you need in the end xxxxx

That sounds very positive hun. Let's hope you get the christmas present that you want!

Glad your Dad is home too, and soo glad you reported that taxi driver!

Excellent news - about your dad coming home and your appointment! Fingers crossed that the fundings approved this time...

disgusting behaviour i would complain too!:mad:

That's disgusting! Some GPs are just so ignorant and have no manners. I would complain and persist with your request if I were you. I once complained when I asked my doctor if I would be okay nutritionally doing a liquid only diet. He laughed and poked me in the stomach saying, "You've got enough nutrition there to last you a life time!" Later that day I had a phone call from him apologising and then a letter a few days later. It didn't make up for what he did and said but you have to stick up for yourself and make them stop and think x

HI YG. I've been thinking about you and I'm so happy your appointment went well. I'm praying all is now plain sailing with your funding. Goof news about your dad too love.

Please let us know when you hear for sure about your funding.

Hugs
Grace xxx

oh love i wish i could give you a hug ,, it must be hard trying though ,im so sorry about your dad ,i lost my dad when i was 20 to cancer and my mum when i was 11 so i know you must be feeling s... ,hope you have a rest this weekend ,and try and get the energy to tackle the p.c.t again ,please try and be kind to yourself xxxxx

thanks everyone. I spent a really nice day with Dad and am currently waiting for the pct to have their monthly meeting, then I'll find out for sure about funding. hopefully I'll hear before xmas. Right now I'm getting ready to stop smoking as I promised the surgeon I would. Not looking forward to it but I know it will be good for me.

Back