• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just got surgery date OMG

dizzyday71

Hi All

Just got my surgery date for bypass on 30th March 15, just looking for a bit of support, other pre opper? having surgery at Salford Royal with Basil Ammori's Team, anyone else out there who has had or due to have surgery at the Royal?

All support is very welcome, i can tell you i almost fell of my chair when i got the call at lunch time & now am having a bit of a wobble as its just dawned on me how close i am to having the surgery, there must be others feeling like i do?

Well done on getting a date its almost a fear and a joy at the same time
im a post op bypasser but im very sure a march thread as already been started you should find others in the same place as you there good luck

Thanks very much I will be honest I haven't got a scooby doo about forums and how they work, just glad someone replied I was beginning to think I had done it wrong! Can you suggest a thread to join there are sooooo many it's bewildering TVM xxx

Well done on getting your date, I am hoping to be sleeved in May at Kings in London nhs. Good luck and please let us know how you feel on the run up and just after your surgery.

Hi Dellam760 thanks very much, as you can imagine the emotions are all,over the place! Excited, happy, terrified and apprehensive all at the same time. Shopping tomorrow for the pre surgery diet, I have planned all my meals for the next 3 weeks & stuck it to the fridge so I know exactly what I am doing. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, for May please let me know how you get on, have you had your pre op appointment yet? The sleeve was the option I was going to choose but the surgeon thought the bypass the would be the better option for me he's the expert so I am happy to have what's best for me. I will keep you up to date as best I can.

congratulations on getting your date.
you will be fine and will be thinking of you.
ooh its scary and i bet you cant wait, on the road to recovery
now. just do what the team say and it will be easy.

Thanks grannyvicky123, I have planned my meals for the next 3 weeks, am shopping for it tomorrow read to start on Monday ? I can't wait to get my life back from years of failed yo yo dieting, I know it's a while away yet but I can't wait to be able to play with my kids on the trampoline.

Congratulations andiebee, how are you getting on with the pre diet? where are you having Are you having your op? Please let us know how you are getting on.

I'm at the still saving up stage, but I have discussed my options with a bariatric surgeon, and now know that a sleeve is the best option for me. I'm impatient, and want it asap, but I have cataract surgery to get out of the way first :cool:

I was lucky enough to secure funding through the NHS, but I had to have a stroke to get that so I wouldn't recommend going down that route. I hope you get the funds together soon my lovely, there is nothing worse than having something just out of reach. I will keep my fingers, toes etc crossed that the saving up stage flies by for you.

Day two on the pre op diet and it's not too bad at the mo, not as hungry today but I did drink more water so I think that has helped. I am soooooooo glad am not on the milk one that lots of people are posting about, it sounds revolting.

Yes thanks Zoobles, it's taken a long time to get better but am pretty much there now just need to shift this weight & I will be 100%, I think the WLS is a kind of peace offering form Welsh NHS as they miss diagnosed me with vertigo, it wasn't until I had become very ill that they found the blood clot, but I only started falling over 3 days after my 40th birthday so technically they classed me as being too young to have a stroke. But am good now thank for asking x

Yikes! You poor thing, what an awful experience. I'm so glad you're better now and on your way to a healthy, slim and fabulous future! :)

Back