• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leah's pre-op Shake diet!

cherryvenom

So i'm here!
It's day one finally. It's a strange feeling to be excited to not be eating.

Here I am 24 years old and just over 28 stone (177kg/393lbs) of delightful human being just about ready to embark on this journey to a better life.

I've woke up this morning and recorded every possible measurement I can think of to correctly document every pound that slips away! Even foot measurements just in case!

The photo's are piling up of "Before" pictures and i'm excited!

This morning has started with my skimmed milk measure for my cup of tea, 1 litre of water and a Blissful Banana Slimfast shake! Yum! :D:D

Hunger is rumbling in my stomach a little now but I think another cup of tea will last me another hour at least before I start on my second shake of the day!

Wish me luck!!

Leah xxx:p

Hi Leah,

Good luck..!

You'll be fine. I've got my surgery on Tues morning. Can't believe it's finally here..!

I know exactly what you mean, it is definitely strange to actually enjoy feeling hungry. It's an even bigger nightmare if you have young children to cook for too.

What surgery are you having and where..?

Claire :)

Hi Leah, Good luck..! You'll be fine. I've got my surgery on Tues morning. Can't believe it's finally here..! I know exactly what you mean, it is definitely strange to actually enjoy feeling hungry. It's an even bigger nightmare if you have young children to cook for too. What surgery are you having and where..? Claire :)

Are you going in on the 18th Claire? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oooh that's so soon Claire! How have you been finding it?

Day one has been easy I'd say. Lots of tea drinking (which isn't much different from my normal day but now with skimmed milk! Haha), lots of water drinking but a few feelings of hunger

Looking forward to a warm soup and making sure I put it in a bowl so I can eat it slowly

Forgot to mention surgery details haha!

I'll be having a sleeve in Bristol Southmead Hospital and I'm so nervous!

Good luck! I don't know how I survived my two weeks of the shake diet but I did! Not bad for someone who could never stick to a diet - hence the surgery! When you start to waiver remind yourself why you're doing this - your new life :) Good luck with the weight loss journey hunny x

Are you going in on the 18th Claire? Xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

No, I go in on Monday 16th for surgery on the 17th. Excited..!

Well done for today Leah. It does get harder but keep your game face on.

Having mine in Worcester so just up the M5 to you :)

Oooh yours is so soon Claire!! I'm excited for you!

My soup was so good, lovely to have something with a savoury taste! Im hoping a bit of routine will help as I had the day off of work today.

Ooh not far at all from me! I bet you can't wait. Has this been a long process for you?

ahhh I never had to do a post op diet, but wishing you both luck with yours on your journeys, this will be the best thing you ever do! I lost 8 stone and am very happy (although i have recently put on a few pounds after moving in with my bf!)

good luck to the both of you !

xx

So it's day two! WOOO!

I haven't woken up hungry!!!! What is that about?! I always wake up hungry!!

My strawberry powder shake tastes much better today. It was gritty yesterday and made me feel a bit sick but today it's perfect! Smooth and lovely! Mmm!

Day two is feeling good so far! I've got my milk measured, I can have a little more today as I've got a different soup for dinner!

Feeling a bit fatigued and headachey but I know it'll be worth it in two weeks!

Great attitude CV..!

Onwards and downwards :)

Keep on going! :)

It's the end of day two.

Im feeling ratty and upset :(. It feels like I can smell food from miles away!
Although I told my family I wanted them to eat normally around me and make no changes it really is hard to see them all eating.
I was even jealous of my mums plate of broccoli and cauliflower and was salivating over the salad my Dad was eating!

My soup went down a treat though and I felt like I needed it.

I'm headachey most of the day and I'm feeling like I might as well have tea through a drip!

Missing food is much harder than I imagined it would be. Feeling low :(

Keep at it Cherryvenom. You've got some carb withdrawal and with that comes irritability and headaches. Do take painkillers if it helps.

Have everything you're allowed and try and stay out of the dining room while everyone else is eating. Dust, Hoover, make a list (how about a list of targets, or a list for your hospital bag), read this forum, go for a walk - anything but sit and listen to people eat.

Good luck with everything. The headaches will subside over the next few days

:( big hugs. I know it is so hard, I remember the first time my family all got takeaway when I was on my liquid after the band was fitted. You just have to know it does get easier and once you start to see the weight coming off that will become your new addiction and you won't mind so much! It is hard because the change in food intake makes the best of us feel very emotional and up and down. Maybe you could just do something else when you start to feel jealous of their food- or go and make yourself a drink. Keep up the good work you are doing so well and it won't always be this tricky! It will get easier and when you see the weightloss you will know it is all worth it!

Lu xxx

Morning day three!!

Thanks Lu and Bear!! I think I was stuck with some end of day blues :(!

This morning I'm working an earlier shift in work which is usually quieter so I'm hoping I can keep busy enough to keep hunger at bay.

I was feeling quite thankful this morning as I haven't found that I dislike the flavour of any of my shakes and soups. That was one of my main concerns, feeling hungry and hating the taste of shakes would've been much harder!

Trying to keep positive for today!

Morning!

That's why I was thankful for the milk diet. I hate milkshakes but love milk and yoghurts so I'm happy but it is still hard.

Finding something you actually like has to be half the challenge.

To be honest the thing that has kept me motivated is keeping check that I'm in ketosis the whole time with ketostix.

Something reassuring about watching that little stick turn purple..!

:)

I've never heard of ketostix ?

I do t know a great deal about ketosis really. I know it's the bodies "fat burning" mode but If it's good I wanna know I'm in it too haha!

Back