• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leah's pre-op Shake diet!

That's good news Clair. Worth the perseverance if it helps health wise

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Keep going hunny - it's going to be worth it. Just remind yourself that it's only for a short time and what is at the end of it. x

I've never heard of ketostix ? I do t know a great deal about ketosis really. I know it's the bodies "fat burning" mode but If it's good I wanna know I'm in it too haha!

Hi CV,

To be honest if I could weigh myself I probably wouldn't bother quite so much but me old legs won't take it anymore :)

Any low carb diet should put you in ketosis if you're doing it properly and ketostix just measure how ketotic you are.

I guess it works well for a LSD as it means that your body is using all the fat around your liver first. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will put me right :)

xx

I haven't weighed myself since before I started the diet so I might jump on tomorrow and see if there's been any change.

I do have a fear of the scales. Although I haven't wavered an inch so far on the pre-op diet I still fear I will have gained.

Well I've ordered some on eBay that will be coming on Friday along with my last few Christmas presents. I'm planning to start wrapping them to keep my mind off of food.

Don't feel un-knowledgable Claire! You knew more than me about it. I'd only heard a tiny bit about it!

I'm feeling very tired tonight and achey and was hoping I'd feel a bit less ratty today but I still feel like I'm snapping at the family. If anything I find that I'm angry at food. My dad was eating toast and the smell made me angry that I couldn't be eating it!!

Hello day four!

What a night!! I woke up in such a lot of pain at 3am feeling sick and dizzy.

I've called the dietician this morning and she's suggested trying the shake and meal mixed diet and see if that makes me feel any different.

I've referred to my many handouts I've had over the past two years and found the info for a combined shake and meal diet that I'm trying today. I'm scared to add anything that even remotely looks like a carb but she's insured me I have to add some or I'll be under and make myself feel worse!

Oh Leah, hope you are feeling a little better now. I've been doing the milk diet fortunately with no problems. However looking at my booklet the meal replacement is as follows meal replacement for breakfast and lunch and then a light meal of 300 calories 2 meat 1 shareholders and 2-3 vegetable portions. Hope this helps

End of day four!

What a day! Work seemed to go on forever!! It was our first late night of shopping today and after problems with cashing up I managed to get myself locked in to the little arcade I work in. After rattling both gates I managed to find a manager to let me out and then a 45 minute wait for the bus got me home at 9!!

I was beyond hungry! But I knew I had 100g of tuna, a salad and 2 egg sized potatoes ready for me so none of the delays mattered.

Tuna never tasted so good. Everything tastes like there was a tonne more flavour! But if anything now my stomach feels really strange!
Lots of rumbling and gurgles! We shall see how I sleep tonight.

Xx

Woah! Day five already?!

Feeling good today! My stomach feels totally fine today. Not hungry, not painful, nothing!

My 100g of chicken is weighed along with my lovely little 38 calorie salad and carbs.
The plan I've got in my hospital info also says to include vegetable sticks which I didn't yesterday but did end up having about 260ml of milk which seemed like a whole lot of dairy to me and I was left with 130ml unused at the end of the day so i didn't use it.

Today I'm gonna try the vegetable sticks with my lunch shake and in gonna have less milk. I only use milk for cups of tea and I drink my tea extremely strong so I don't feel it's gonna be a problem but we shall see!

Anyone else having crazy hailstones right now this is my cat scared of them haha!

Attachments

• image-354989763.jpg
    image-354989763.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 20
End of day six.

Really busy day at work and managed to make my lunch time shake last about an hour. The business of the shop stopped my cravings till I got home at 7 and had my tuna and potato salad which was lovely!

I've got the day off tomorrow and my mum will be cooking a roast lamb will I'm expecting is gonna be hard to resist but I'm planning on having a boiled chicken breast ( Much nicer than it sounds don't worry) some broccoli and carrots and a few diddy potatoes. I know I'll be desperate for gravy but I'm sure I can go without.

Can't believe I'll have managed seven days tomorrow! That's gone so much quicker than I thought!

Here's to the next seven!!

Day seven.

An easy day overall.
Managed myself a mini roast with my seasoned, boiled chicken and veggies.
The biggest news is my 10lbs loss!! Woooo!!

Can't wait for surgery now though!

This feeling of hunger never really goes away and I look forward to my low calorie meal everyday.
But I feel it's such a good test of my mental ability to keep strong and ready myself for post op as best as I can.

Day eight.

I haven't felt hungry all day long! It's taken a week but I think I've finally hit my stride!

I think all shakes and soups for the first few days really depressed me and made me see the worst but having a low calorie light meal at dinner time satisfies me.

I do feel (especially with salad) that my plate still seems full but as long as it's packed with low carb and low fat veggies and protein I know I'm doing my best.

I look forward to my last few days of a full plate!

Day nine ! (Almost forgot to post haha)

So tempted to jump on the scales at every possible moment but I'm resisting! What a stark difference to my outlook on the scales beforehand! Haha!

I'm feeling glad these are my last few days of pre op. Visiting my boyfriend in Cardiff from Thursday to Sunday before the op on Monday so we get some time together before everything changes!

Better start packing my hospital bag soon!

Feeling less and less like food bothers me now. My tea time plate always satisfies me even though it's far less than I would normally portion for myself, it's so surprising what we actually need in comparison to what we think we need!

Day ten!

Wow ten days I can't believe it!

Hope this isn't too TMI for anyone but ladies did any of you experience a sudden period on your pre op diet !?

I have a contraceptive implant and haven't had a period since January 2014 because of it. Checked it with my doctor and she said it's probably a combination of the implant and my weight stopping me from menstruating. But all of a sudden this morning I noticed it was there.

Some intense cramping has then been on and off all day. I googled it and rapid weight loss can make it happen but was just curious

Day twelve! (Oopsie I missed day 11)

I can't believe I'm almost there! Hospital bag is almost packed just gotta pick up some last minute toiletries.

I'm gonna grab some of those little mini shampoos and conditioners eeeee it's getting exciting! Xx

Day thirteen!

Almost there!!! YAAAAY!!

Two weeks of pre op have been hard.

What I have to eat isn't hard.
Portioning my food isn't hard and eating little all day isn't hard.
What I personally have found hard is when the people around me are eating and the portions they're eating. As an example I prepped my dinner with my boyfriends last night.
Me:
100g drained tuna
54g boiled egg
140g boiled potatoes
50g mixed salad and 100g on tomatoes
Which filled my plate and was under 350 calories easily.

Him:
3 120g fried pork loin steaks
500g of mashed potatoes with skimmed milk and butter
200g chopped fried onions added to gravy
And 2 slices of buttered bread.

Beforehand I would have eaten that easily. But while cooking with him last night I knew that he easily had enough for two people to eat. I was jealous that I couldn't share that food with him but felt awful telling him that he was eating too much. Who am I to be telling him he's eating wrong when I'm the one who is way more overweight?

This also happened on something like day five of pre op diet where I had a similar meal to the one stated above while my dad and sister had a Chinese takeaway.

Now I know it's jealousy that I couldn't eat it with them. But the amounts that they had for two people were obviously way more than they're bodies needed.

I think it's been a real awakening for me to realise how much your body really needs. I would have loved to eat as much as they were eating but I know I don't need it and nor do they.

Sorry for such a long post but it's just astounding me that I'm that girl who realises now how much is too much.

Wow - not long to go! I wouldn't worry about packing too much. You're in and out of hospital before you know it and much of the time in there is in a gown. The first time I was allowed a shower and changing into PJs was on the second morning...and I was going that afternoon!

The very best of luck for your op :)

Thanks sundown! I can't believe I'm here already!

As day fourteen draws to a close and I'm weighing out my last meal as a big girl!

On my mind right now is I'm glad that I'm currently dying my hair ready for surgery day and hoping that'll keep my mind off the fact I have no makeup on tomorrow haha!
Maybe a lick of mascara won't hurt haha!

This pre op diet has been a real lesson in who j am and who I'm going to be. I can't believe tomorrow I'll be post op! It sounds ridiculous
Post op ?! Me?!

I CANT WAIT!

Well done, good luck for tomorrow. Fingers crossed all goes well. Let us know how you get on. X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well done Leah.!

You deserve it lady..!

See you on the flip side :) X

Back