• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leah's pre-op Shake diet!

cherryvenom

Thankyou Jen, Lin and Claire!!

I'm just rereading all of the gumph I have from the hospital over the years and just took my first ranitidine tablet, going to bed soon as I'm gonna be getting up at 5 to leave at 6.

Now I'm just hoping I won't be waiting around too long for it all to happen!
I'm in at 7 but I'll keep you all posted!

Xxx

cherryvenom

How awful do I feel :(

I can't keep anything down and my pain is seemingly only getting worse.
I've had a temperature for the last few times they've checked me and given my a mushy liquid paracetamol syringe that I can't keep down :( xx

clairemp

Oh no Leah..

I really hope things have settled now and you're feeling better.

Big hugs xxx

clairemp

This time last week I was coming out of theatre and I still feel tired. Unfortunately, from reading other diaries, tiredness is something we just have to put up with for a while.

Rest up!

Claire x

cherryvenom

Just been told I can't go home yet :(

My temperature has been a little high since surgery and then came down a bit today but they think it's likely to rise and wanna keep me overnight.
Really annoyed as I was really looking forward to my own bed tonight and no strange sleep wailing patients to keep me awake but alas I guess they know what's best.

Slept most of today and still feel tired but my parents are coming in to see me any minute now so I'm trying to wake myself up a bit for that.

Just feeling low and painful :(

clairemp

I'm sure you're really disappointed Leah and I understand. My stay in hospital was bloody awful.

But you know what..? You're on the losers bench..!!!!!!! Things can only improve.

Enjoy your visit from your parents and I'm sure that you'll be home tomorrow.

xx

lin davey

Hope you are feeling better today Leah, an extra night in hospital is worth it just to make sure everything is ok your comfy bed will still be waiting for you. You are on that losers bench. Well done x

cherryvenom

Thankyou both.

I've ever been to hospital before and I think I was very lucky to have such a lovely room and of my own and staff that seem to really care but I was just wanting my own home comforts.

I was barely disturbed last night and slept a lot better and this morning my temperature is 37.8! Woo!

I'm hoping for a cup of tea today as water is going down no problem now, little bit of sick from my dissolvable tablet doesn't seem to be an issue as there was no blood in it so I'm just taking it easy.

I also have to bear in mind that regardless of when they dismiss me I do t have transport until 6pm so I'm here all day regardless haha

lin davey

Glad you managed to get some sleep, best cure going. Hope they bring you a cup of tea very soon. Fingers crossed you are released today even if you have to wait until 6, at least you will know you are going to sleep in your own bed tonight. X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

cherryvenom

You're right there Lin! I'm trying not to lay in bed today. I dragged my shower out for as long as humanly possible and then got slowly dressed and put a bit of mascara on but no tea as of yet.

Wish I had something to keep my occupied but it's hard to keep my attention going for very long, if sleep all day if I could but that's probably not a very good sign to the docs

cherryvenom

I'm at home yaaaaaay! Maybe I should move over to the post op diary club now aye!

Had a stressful day on hospital yesterday as no-one seemed to know if I was coming or going. I was kicked out of my room about 1:30 and sat in the tv room until 5 when my mum came and got me. Needless to say I couldn't wait to be home!

I managed a whole cup of tea (even though it had gone cold at the bottom) and slept so much better in my own bed!

This morning I'm wrapping my head around all the meds to take. Iron liquid is awful and tastes like blood whereas calcium sachets are amazing and taste like fizzy orange pop!
Self injecting is very strange and also something the hospital didn't show me but most importantly I have no idea when I should get my dressings changed?!

They're small plastic ones but I've got no clue when they should be taken off or replace do any ideas? (Sorry for the boobage that too on is right on my bra bone)

Attachments

• image-1919369997.jpg
    image-1919369997.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 16

clairemp

Hi Leah

So glad you're home now. I didn't get any advice really re wounds but Violet Angel said they'd told her take dressings off at day 5. The steri strips will come off in shower of you have them.

Skinny by next Christmas!! Yay!!

cherryvenom

I think there's some strips under some of em but not really sure. Did you put new dressings on them after you removed the first ones Claire?

I know! By next Christmas We'll be half the women we once were! Haha