• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termers. Do u still bother with vitamins. Etc.

Yvessa

Glad I could help hon.

Miss Tickle

I take my multi vits and one adcal in the morning. They are on my bedside table and it's the third thing I do in the morning. Ist thing I do is slam hand on alarm, second thing is shout obsecneties at said alarm, third thing is swallow tabs ! I take the second adcal at night before I brush my teeth. I am possibly going to cut back the adcal as I am making stones ( gall, slaiva gland, kidney !!) so gp thinks I've got too much. My surgeon doesn't recommend B12 unless the levels get low so I've never had one.
I 've been reading the stuff on malabsorption. It seems they now think that RNYers absorb all the calories from the food weeat ( before they though we only absorbed two thirds) but that we do not absorb anything like the required ammount of vitamins and minerals. Furthermore this will always be the case. Therefore, no matter how good our diet, or how much we eat, we will always need to take supplements and monitor our levels.
So HD- take your supplements before your hair drops out, your teeth rot and you start getting wrinkly. ( said with love & peace, hun) xx

happy days

I take my multi vits and one adcal in the morning. They are on my bedside table and it's the third thing I do in the morning. Ist thing I do is slam hand on alarm, second thing is shout obsecneties at said alarm, third thing is swallow tabs ! I take the second adcal at night before I brush my teeth. I am possibly going to cut back the adcal as I am making stones ( gall, slaiva gland, kidney !!) so gp thinks I've got too much. My surgeon doesn't recommend B12 unless the levels get low so I've never had one.
I 've been reading the stuff on malabsorption. It seems they now think that RNYers absorb all the calories from the food weeat ( before they though we only absorbed two thirds) but that we do not absorb anything like the required ammount of vitamins and minerals. Furthermore this will always be the case. Therefore, no matter how good our diet, or how much we eat, we will always need to take supplements and monitor our levels.
So HD- take your supplements before your hair drops out, your teeth rot and you start getting wrinkly. ( said with love & peace, hun) xx

I didn't realise adcal cud give you stones. Learn something new everyday.

louisaL

looking to make a change!
I take my multi vit when I remember (which is rare) but get my sister to do my b12 every 3 months as she's a nurse.

Sashie1977

I think I need a slapped wrist! I am only 7 months out and I stopped taking my vits after a month. I am only on a multivitamin a day so I don't actually know why I don't take it! I'm an idiot, I know! My bloods seem fine but I didn't realise you may get the problems later. I am now off to take it. :)

Sashie1977

I went private so I can't get vitamins through my doc. I (have now taken!) take Centrum Multi-Vitamins from Boots.

lousarah

To all in uk saying about prescription charges, search online for prepayment certificates. You pay 29 ish quid a month (whatever four individual costs are I know it's just gone up) and you can have unlimited prescriptions. If you have four in three months you havent lost anything. If you have more than four two fingers nhs money saved lol. Xxx

Sashie1977

I'm in Scotland so I get free prescriptions anyway but my GP told me because I went private for my surgery, I can't get my vitamins on prescription.:/

Paula Garner

I'm in Scotland so I get free prescriptions anyway but my GP told me because I went private for my surgery, I can't get my vitamins on prescription.:/

That's a lie. They are a lifelong medication required to keep you in good health. That's like saying a diabetic isn't entitled to free meds, if he was treated privately. I'd challenge that if I were you.